• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey friends

DtkdMMO.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Telling my manager about leaving my current job was a hard fucking task. Simply because he's not an asshole, and none of my coworkers are assholes either. It'd be a rather decent place to work in if it weren't for the fact it's beneath me and is easy enough to do in my sleep (marketing/technical writing.)

The new job is a web design position. It's a small team, a branch office of an American company. Pays slightly more than my current job, but considering it won't be easy enough to put me to sleep and is within walking distance of my apartment everything adds up.

Now let us commence the work permit rigmarole...

Big Country is fighting Miocic.

I wonder who'll fight Soa Palelei.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
also just saw star trek with the lady. It was kaka.
Too many references to
Wrath of Khan
and not near enough references to
Space Seed

Spoilered in case there are two people on the planet who didn't see things coming from a mile away.

I liked the movie, but it seems strange when Kirk is the least hammy of the Kirk, Spock, Bones trio.

industrian

I think it's more of a case of Roy Nelson wanting to stay active and asking for a fight, any fight. Cro-Cop 2 (or would that be Cro-Firefighter?) is being thrown to the wolves here, but I figure he's got more of a chance than mid-tier wasters like Herman and Kongo against Nelson.

And hopefully Barnett won't be wasted or given shitty fights. I envision a good potential warm up match and fine grapplefest with Stefan Struve. But ideally I want to see him fight Mir, Werdum and (potentially) Cain. And come to think of it, I don't think he's fought Overeem either. There's a good few matches there to look forward to with Barnett.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Too many references to
Wrath of Khan
and not near enough references to
Space Seed

Spoilered in case there are two people on the planet who didn't see things coming from a mile away.

I liked the movie, but it seems strange when Kirk is the least hammy of the Kirk, Spock, Bones trio.

Any time it got remotely interesting it reverted right back into 'summer movie blockbuster' mode. It wasn't terrible but its completely forgettable. Star Trek fans..

they-dont-think-it-be-like-it-is-but-it-do-217x300.jpg

muddream

Banned
Gracas a Deus Face, hope you ask the Jesus for a forgiveness help not you make a same mistakesh.

Any time it got remotely interesting it reverted right back into 'summer movie blockbuster' mode. It wasn't terrible but its completely forgettable. Star Trek fans..

C'mon son, it was a lot fresher than the regular Marvel summer blockbuster garbage, it's just very hard to make Star Trek not suck for sexhavers. If anything, I left the cinema strangely optimistic about JJ Abrams' Star Wars. The CGI, action sequences and setpieces were on point...and everything is better than George Lucas dialogue.

industrian

Star Trek movies went to shit (read "action blockbuster") with First Contact.

Whilst First Contact was a fucking ace Star Trek movie with justifiable action scenes around every corner, every single one of them afterwards felt compelled to shoehorn everyone into action scenes, with Nemesis in particular being an egregious example. I commend the reboots in taking Star Trek back into a more grounded sci-fi environment, but I lament the lack of intelligent science fiction in modern cinema. ST movies like The Undiscovered Country being a great example of what I mean.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Gracas a Deus Face, hope you ask the Jesus for a forgiveness help not you make a same mistakesh.

C'mon son, it was a lot fresher than the regular Marvel summer blockbuster garbage, it's just very hard to make Star Trek not suck for sexhavers. If anything, I left the cinema strangely optimistic about JJ Abrams' Star Wars. The CGI, action sequences and setpieces were on point...and everything is better than George Lucas dialogue.

You cray bro. Marvel's been putting out decent forgettable movies for a while now. Yea CG was awesome the action was decent but the actual story was completely underwhelming. No time travel. No grand space adventure nothing interesting or of any consequence. You'd expect them to put their cocks on the table when making a movie that takes place in space. Especially considering they obviously had a good budget. The movie could have taken place in jersey and been pretty much the same. For the record i agree with everything indy just said. Also i enjoyed the first JJ Abrams star trek. I didnt think it was the best thing since sliced bread but it felt like the beginning of something that could be awesome.

Star Trek movies went to shit (read "action blockbuster") with First Contact.

Whilst First Contact was a fucking ace Star Trek movie with justifiable action scenes around every corner, every single one of them afterwards felt compelled to shoehorn everyone into action scenes, with Nemesis in particular being an egregious example. I commend the reboots in taking Star Trek back into a more grounded sci-fi environment, but I lament the lack of intelligent science fiction in modern cinema. ST movies like The Undiscovered Country being a great example of what I mean.
The problem is people thought that first Abrams Star Trek was too "sci-fi". So what we got was Mission Impossible: Space Protocol instead of an actual Star Trek movie. While I enjoyed it, that shit wasn't Trek.

You cray bro. Marvel's been putting out decent forgettable movies for a while now. Yea CG was awesome the action was decent but the actual story was completely underwhelming. No time travel. No grand space adventure nothing interesting or of any consequence. You'd expect them to put their cocks on the table when making a movie that takes place in space. Especially considering they obviously had a good budget. The movie could have taken place in jersey and been pretty much the same. For the record i agree with everything indy just said. Also i enjoyed the first JJ Abrams star trek. I didnt think it was the best thing since sliced bread but it felt like the beginning of something that could be awesome.
Coming from someone who works on something with their handprints all over it, this is to be expected with anything involving Orci and Kurtzman.

industrian

Is that the one with Steppenwolf? I liked that scene. I don't remember anything else from that movie though.

It was the one with the Borg and the dude from Babe.

Seriously though, I remember seeing that shit at the cinema back when I was only 12. Good times.
Man, I feel old now...

muddream

Banned

Time travel, grand space adventure, consequences, etc. are better fit for a TV show format. I go to the movies for a roller coaster ride...bonus points if it's clever (Inception)...deductions if there are guys wearing costumes.

Into Darkness > everything Marvel has sharted out in recent memory besides maybe First Class and that's more Fox than Marvel.

ShaneB

I'm turning 31 on monday. I'd rather not think about how much I'm going to waste my life until the NEXT consoles come out in some 8/9 odd years.

edit: .. I'm tired.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Time travel, grand space adventure, consequences, etc. are better fit for a TV show format. I go to the movies for a roller coaster ride...bonus points if it's clever (Inception)...deductions if there are guys wearing costumes.

Into Darkness > everything Marvel has sharted out in recent memory besides maybe First Class and that's more Fox than Marvel.

So a dull, predictable, perfectly linear movie is your version of a roller coaster? Got it.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Are all of these games worth playing? They came for free with the graphics card I ordered for my PC.

Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
FC3 Blood Dragon

ShaneB

Are all of these games worth playing? They came for free with the graphics card I ordered for my PC.

Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
FC3 Blood Dragon

Not at all.... I'll gladly take your Bioshock Infinite code off your hands.

I hear they're all solid enough to play

FACE

Banned

Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
FC3 Blood Dragon

a) No
b) No
c) Only if you like pretty graphics
d) Only if you can stand the boring gameplay long enough to enjoy all the 80s action movies references.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom