• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing people in that thread are sure about is that they're having bad yields with that eSRAM. The talk of underclocking it to compensate and everything else is all speculation.

It still doesn't look good thogh.

The only thing people in that thread are sure about is that they're having bad yields with that eSRAM. The talk of underclocking it to compensate and everything else is all speculation.

It still doesn't look good thogh.

While I agree that down clocking the damn thing would be even worse, it doesn't get much worse than where it's at right now.

Honestly, going from 1.2 TF to 900 GL doesn't seem like much of a kick in the teeth considering the gap that already exists versus the PS4.

The funny thing is MS having troubles because of DDR3, which is the only reason ESRAM is in the damn thing in the first place.

I'm eager to see the punchline, which is when they announce the price.

Something tells me MS will drop some kind of price megaton where there you have to sign a 2 year contract to XBL gold and in turn get the console for mad cheap.

And yes, Bjorn "We Don't Want To Sign UFC Washouts" Rebney has indeed signed QRJ's BFF, Cheick "Shorts-Grabbing Scrotum Destroyer" Kongo to Bellator Fighting Championships.

Also, I noticed that GAF's edit function finally works properly again!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Something tells me MS will drop some kind of price megaton where there you have to sign a 2 year contract to XBL gold and in turn get the console for mad cheap.

And yes, Bjorn "We Don't Want To Sign UFC Washouts" Rebney has indeed signed QRJ's BFF, Cheick "Shorts-Grabbing Scrotum Destroyer" Kongo to Bellator Fighting Championships.

Also, I noticed that GAF's edit function finally works properly again!

I wonder if Bjorn has told his paymasters yet about the fate of other MMA organisations that built themselves around UFC washouts. I doubt they care, but whatever. Bjorn was intelligent enough to build Bellator to where it is right now, but it's obvious he's got no control in matters now.

And MS will need to package the Xbone with a 3G-enabled SIM card in order to get that sort of contract. There's no way in hell they'd risk that sort of drama with their always-online mandate.

industrian

I wonder if refusing to sign Cheick Kongo made the implied ONE FC contract fall apart (as outside of that one-off Sapp spectacle, they lack anything resembling a HW division.)

Also, please, for the love of god, book Kongo vs. Prindle in a Groinshield-On-A-Pole Match.

I wonder if refusing to sign Cheick Kongo made the implied ONE FC contract fall apart (as outside of that one-off Sapp spectacle, they lack anything resembling a HW division.)

Also, please, for the love of god, book Kongo vs. Prindle in a Groinshield-On-A-Pole Match.
What we really need to see is a 3-man fight between Kongo, Prindle and Thiago Santos with groin strikes allowed, and with special referee Gary Goodridge overseeing the action.

industrian

What we really need to see is a 3-man fight between Kongo, Prindle and Thiago Santos with groin strikes allowed, and with special referee Gary Goodridge overseeing the action.

Whenever someone mentions Gary Goodridge I always have a mental image of that megaton bomb that was a headkick delivered by Gilbert Yvel.

And whenever someone mentions Yvel I always think of Wanderlei kicking him in the balls with enough force to level a rainforest.

So we've come full circle here.

ShaneB

The Bellator signings me jack if those guys don't win some fights. If they win some fights they can easily promote them as ex ufc powerhouses, etc etc. and if not and they just go there to lose, well yeah, it's Bellator signing washed up Cans.

MjFrancis

Cheick Kongo in Bellator? I know they said they don't want UFC washouts, but there's life to be squeezed out of a HW with KO power that also has a glass jaw.

Not to mention whatever humor there is to have from the pre-fight buildup knowing full well Kongo is on a retirement circuit from an MMA gatekeeper's job.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Cheick Kongo in Bellator? I know they said they don't want UFC washouts, but there's life to be squeezed out of a HW with KO power that also has a glass jaw.

Not to mention whatever humor there is to have from the pre-fight buildup knowing full well Kongo is on a retirement circuit from an MMA gatekeeper's job.

Jobbing jobbers is pretty sad

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i want in, just make sure my character has a sweet ass mullet and a moustache.

one of the rules of GWF is that I take peoples' suggestions and deform them horribly, we'll see what you got since you will be replacing Sapp

Also welcome back!

Not a fan of UFC washouts in Bellator. Would rather see Kongo in WSOF/ONE FC etc and fight guys like Arlovski

776814033.gif

Did you guys see Baroni's ankle?

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
So, apparently I'm seeing Whitesnake live at the moment. Getting the evil eye from a bunch of too old rockers in leather.

industrian

So, apparently I'm seeing Whitesnake live at the moment. Getting the evil eye from a bunch of too old rockers in leather.

I still remember Whitesnake and Def Leppard cancelling ON THE SAME DAY they were supposed to perform at the Magic Circle Festival 2008.

That said: fuck 'em. Manowar played all of their first six albums back to back over four days. Greatest godamn metal spectacle I've ever witnessed.

MjFrancis

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/776814033.gif?1370007458[IMG]

Did you guys see Baroni's ankle?[/QUOTE]Yes, and thankfully that picture is easier to look at than the gif. Blood doesn't bother me, but joints and bones doing things they aren't supposed to does. Thant's one painful-looking injury Baroni's got there.

I still remember Whitesnake and Def Leppard cancelling ON THE SAME DAY they were supposed to perform at the Magic Circle Festival 2008.

That said: fuck 'em. Manowar played all of their first six albums back to back over four days. Greatest godamn metal spectacle I've ever witnessed.

MCF 2009 had a crazy line-up too. fuckin Jack Starr was there.

industrian

glorious to see another Manowar fan. saw them once in 2011, still plan on seeing them again one day. best live band.

I've been a fan for ten years now. One of my three favourite groups alongside X Japan and Laibach.

I also saw them live in Tilburg, Netherlands in 2010. It was 50% the reason why I flew back to Europe for winter.

I was fucking devastated when I heard they'd play in Scotland whilst I'm out here. Then again their last album wasn't that hot.

The only metal bands I've seen live over here was a small basement metal "festival" of sorts in Korea and X Japan in Taipei two years ago. Bands like Helloween, Angra and Graveworm occasionally hit Taipei, but I've not had the time or money to see them.

I miss the Glasgow metal scene. Great shows every week, and I knew pretty much everyone involved.

This is kinda interesting and certainly out of the blue - Praetorian is now banned by the UFC from being advertised at their events. Great timing too with the Brazil card in 3 days. I guess expect to see a lot of fighters with black duct tape on their ass.

MMA managers were sent a memo from the UFC at the weekend telling them that the brand and its associated logos are no longer permitted to be worn inside the Octagon or during any of a fighter's official UFC undertakings. No reasons for the sudden ban was given in the memo.

Yes, and thankfully that picture is easier to look at than the gif. Blood doesn't bother me, but joints and bones doing things they aren't supposed to does. Thant's one painful-looking injury Baroni's got there.

I agree. Blood just looks bad ass, bones breaking and being bent in ways they aren't supposed to a just gross

I've been a fan for ten years now. One of my three favourite groups alongside X Japan and Laibach.

I also saw them live in Tilburg, Netherlands in 2010. It was 50% the reason why I flew back to Europe for winter.

I was fucking devastated when I heard they'd play in Scotland whilst I'm out here. Then again their last album wasn't that hot.

The only metal bands I've seen live over here was a small basement metal "festival" of sorts in Korea and X Japan in Taipei two years ago. Bands like Helloween, Angra and Graveworm occasionally hit Taipei, but I've not had the time or money to see them.

I miss the Glasgow metal scene. Great shows every week, and I knew pretty much everyone involved.

i would love to have a time machine to see Kiske-era Helloween. best vocals they ever had (shut up about Kai, FACE).

This is kinda interesting and certainly out of the blue - Praetorian is now banned by the UFC from being advertised at their events. Great timing too with the Brazil card in 3 days. I guess expect to see a lot of fighters with black duct tape on their ass.

MMA managers were sent a memo from the UFC at the weekend telling them that the brand and its associated logos are no longer permitted to be worn inside the Octagon or during any of a fighter's official UFC undertakings. No reasons for the sudden ban was given in the memo.

i'll help out:

Praetorian - Preto - Black - Cisco

brentech

Did you guys see Baroni's ankle?
Bahhhh, that looks like a reverse image of my ankle almost a year to date. Mine was popped towards the inside. It didn't hurt so bad when it happened, but I'm glad someone wasn't attacking me while I rolled around hoping it would fix itself, lol.

I broke 3 bones with that dislocation. Now I have bionic parts. Metal plate and 12 screws in me.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom