• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

muddream

Banned
I'm guessing that Riddick Bowe was in debt with Thai and/or Russian gangsters:

http://youtu.be/3obYvgFllxo?t=4m

That was embarrassing to watch.

Pretty much. I hope they don't get rid of bonuses, as I feel at this point that it's the only incentive for lower-paid dudes to put on a show.

And for the record, regarding fighter pay, to me it comes down to one thing: you get paid what you deserve, and you should live/train within your means.

I understand that fighters, like all athletes, have a limited career span and are putting their lives and health on the line when they fight, but that's their choice. If you want to make more money then fight better. Win better. And make a name for yourself doing so. You don't have to be cutting Sonnen-eque promos left, right and centre but just get your name out there and have people know who you are and why you deserve bigger fights with bigger money.

But if you don't want to do that shit, or don't have the skill level to do so, then take some advice from Cole Konrad and get a real job.

Hearing lower-level fighters come out with this crap "I don't get paid enough" is like hearing a soccer player in the Scottish Second Division complaining that he doesn't get paid as much as Ronaldo, Rooney or Messi.

That's a pretty silly comparison, as those guys can still afford to drive Porsches. If you compete in the big league, you should be able to train full-time and at a quality facility. It hurts the athlete development and the appeal of the big league as the premium product.

This is just yet another case of the UFC not knowing what it wants to be. Instead of letting local BadMMA break fighters, the UFC picks them up as soon as they show an iota of potential and puts them on undercards. Guess what? Most of these guys aren't ready or just not that talented and put on boring fights until they're cut because they're constantly afraid of being cut.

Instead of putting on quality cards every time we're being fed BadMMA without the charm and Uncle Fester talking about how he doesn't want my money and how his fighters get paid the most and how Uriah Hall is mean & nasty & he's never seen anything like it.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
That's a pretty silly comparison, as those guys can still afford to drive Porsches. If you compete in the big league, you should be able to train full-time and at a quality facility. It hurts the athlete development and the appeal of the big league as the premium product.

Scottish Second Division players drive Porches?

This is just yet another case of the UFC not knowing what it wants to be. Instead of letting local BadMMA break fighters, the UFC picks them up as soon as they show an iota of potential and puts them on undercards. Guess what? Most of these guys aren't ready or just not that talented and put on boring fights until they're cut because they're constantly afraid of being cut.

I agree with this. Basically there's no form of developmental system for MMA fighters. Fight 5-10 times against dudes in your local community college and you're considered "good enough" andy get signed to a $10k/10k contract, get decisioned three times and get cut (or in the case of guys like Christian Morecraft: retire.)

The problem in that case is exclusivity. Young and developing fighters should be fighting as many times as possible to both reinforce their skills and to pay their bills. In a UFC contract they'll be lucky to fight three times a year for $10k/10k each.

Instead of putting on quality cards every time we're being fed BadMMA without the charm and Uncle Fester talking about how he doesn't want my money and how his fighters get paid the most and how Uriah Hall is mean & nasty & he's never seen anything like it.

Agreed fully.

industrian

Well, a friend of mine plays in the German Third Division and he can afford to lease one...the point was that 3rd rate football players make considerably more than undercard UFC fighters.

Well that tells you a lot more about how good German players are than Scottish ones anyways.

After looking a bit further your 3. Liga appears to shit all over the Scottish Premier League in terms of attendance and in all probability quality as well (outside of Celtic.)

For the record, most Scottish players outside the Premier League are part timers. There's no money in it outside of whenever a team plays Rangers or Celtic.

Heel

Speaking at the same media luncheon, Dana White ripped Tim Kennedy for disparaging remarks made last week against the UFC's pay scale. "No disrespect, but who gives a s--t about Tim Kennedy?" White said. "Is he selling out venues? Are they buying a s--tload of tickets for Tim Kennedy?" Bluster aside, it should be noted that Zuffa slotted Kennedy onto UFC 162's main card, so perhaps asking the question 'who gives a s--t about Tim Kennedy' isn't the most tactful route to take.

This is just great, because Dana White is right. No one does give a shit about Tim Kennedy, and I doubt he draws what he's paid. Yet the UFC spreads themselves so thin, he is also on their main card for a pay-per-view event.

This is 2013's UFC in a nutshell.

This is just great, because Dana White is right. No one does give a shit about Tim Kennedy, and I doubt he draws what he's paid. Yet the UFC spreads themselves so thin, he is also on their main card for a pay-per-view event.

Fucking hilarious.

muddream

Banned

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the objectively dumbest successful businessman since Baby aka Birdman.

Heel

Ricardo Mayorga ‏@THEREALMAYORGA 28 Jun
we are announce en twitter next fight es july 27 en MMA with Rene Martinez. We have en contract that his is our slave after we KO him en dos

dream

Good news, "Dave Herman" passed his pre-fight drug test, so "Dave Herman" vs. Gabe Gonzaga is officially a go for Saturday.

Heel

Why the fuck is there no Bad MMA on Fridays as of late? I'm actually home and shit but no card to nerdchat.

Yeah, AXS or Globo usually air something but it looks like it's going to be dead for two weeks running. Globo doesn't update their schedule until a few days before the weekend, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything. Maybe something random will pop up.

Legacy FC and Lion FIght muay thai are the last two Fridays on AXS this month.

Heel

MMAricons on blast en dos.

993319_491260660943859_79227735_n.jpg

industrian

I live in an area of Taipei that has a lot of clothes makers and wholesalers... and today I found out a place that's inventory seems like it's 80% bootleg John Cena t-shirts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I live in an area of Taipei that has a lot of clothes makers and wholesalers... and today I found out a place that's inventory seems like it's 80% bootleg John Cena t-shirts.

That's that Hustle Loyalty and Respect when it comes to bootlegs

I just picked up Max Payne 3 on that Xbox sale. Fucking game ate up like 12 gigs.

I am willing to bite at Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider if the price is right.

Heel

Looks like Wayne Shamrock is up to his old tricks.

Ken Shamrock vs. Ian Freeman is off

Ian Freeman said:
Well, everyone including myself, knew this fight was too good to be true as we know what a coward Shamrock is.

Not only is Shamrock a coward but he's also a thief. He accepted the fight, demanded $5,000 upfront as a deposit of trust, of which was sent, and now refuses to return the money.

Not only has he demanded that money up front but also ask for his purse and ticket deal to be paid "before" he fights and this money to be sent to an American bank.

dream

"Ultimate Cage Fighting Championship," the UK's "biggest MMA and music show," Really. I hope Dana puts these trademark-infringing bastards out of business posthaste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom