• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Um...knockout of the year candidate right off the bat. Oh my Gowad.

ua3.gif

DKehoe

Hey look guys, "TJ Grant" got "injured"

I know a lot of people are going to think this but is Anthony Pettis really going to make that much more of a difference to the buyrate? Is anyone at 155 (apart from BJ if he does return) really a draw?

Yeah................

First Pettis gets "injured" and can't fight Aldo. Korean Zombie steps in.

Then Pettis magically gets better and starts campaigning for a shot against Bendo.

Now TJ Grant gets "injured".

Okay.

Heel

I know a lot of people are going to think this but is Anthony Pettis really going to make that much more of a difference to the buyrate? Is anyone at 155 (apart from BJ if he does return) really a draw?

If the UFC can't sell a rematch with a guy who beat the reigning champion with the Showtime Kick, what can they sell?

Who can actually have legs as a future draw for the Ultimate, a guy jumping off the side of the cage like a stunt double or "TJ Grant"?

DKehoe

If the UFC can't sell a rematch with a guy who beat the reigning champion with the Showtime Kick, what can they sell?

Who can actually have legs as a future draw for the Ultimate, a guy jumping off the side of the cage like a stunt double or "TJ Grant"?

The Pettis fight will probably do better but enough that it justifies getting Grant to fake an injury and have a new main event? Seems a lot to do for not that many buys. Henderson/Edgar 2 did 190,000 buys and Edgar is probably a bigger star than Pettis.

Heel

Oh, no, I think TJ Grant is really injured...after Dana White greased the palms of one of his training partners, who are barely living above the poverty line, to "accidentally" crank a little too hard on a kneebar.

Open your third eye and you'll see it to be true. "TJ Grant" versus a champion who regularly gives away title defenses for free on television would be the worst pay-per-view draw on the books since, well, ever.

The Pettis fight will probably do better but enough that it justifies getting Grant to fake an injury and have a new main event? Seems a lot to do for not that many buys. Henderson/Edgar 2 did 190,000 buys and Edgar is probably a bigger star than Pettis.

He's arguably a bigger name but not as exciting a fighter. Pettis/Bendo 1 is probably the most famous WEC fight of all time. This rematch definitely has the ability to draw similarly and possibly better than Bendo/Edgar 2.

Edit: I'm not saying that it's certain it will. But it has the ability to.

Pettis vs. Henderson. Sweet. I'm going to be there for that and the Harley Davidson 110 anniversary! I'll have a Milwaukee's Best for all my Budo Bros.

Edit: WTH with the pic above!?! Anyone care for a ice cold cup of Machida?

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Hard to say to since Benson seems to be box office poison. Aldo/Edgar did 330k and outside of Bendo/Pettis that was probably the biggest fight possible at the lower weight classes.

What is certain is that Bendo vs. some dude named TJ Grant would be a shoe-in for a sub 200k buyrate. I'm surprised they even booked that shit for a PPV in the first place.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=9162162

In the warrant, police say Rosas told acquaintances he had help burying Steven's body. They say Rosas said he slept next to the dead body and cried about what he had done. And, he said, he killed under orders from the Mexican Mafia, which could come up in a murder trial.

Remember me saying my cousin's body was found? Well this is the reason why it happened. Fucking redneck drug dealing cousin of mine got into some shit and his son was killed because of it.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'm glad everyone is finally starting to see through the bullshit.

Of course Showtime Pettis is replacing TJ Grant on a Milwaukee card. Showtime Anthony can leave bouncing at Silk Gentleman's Club to go fight for Uncle Dana.

And DKehoe is right on the money, Baby Jay is the only #155 that could ever draw in the Ultimate.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I just had the weirdest dream ever. I went to prison with a bunch of comedians. The entire facility was constructed out of very elaborate water slides. The 'yard' was a rooftop pool complete with a lawyer on a jet ski.

dream

Hah, Mr. Meltzer's report is cute:

Benson Henderson defends the lightweight title against Anthony Pettis on Aug. 31 in Milwaukee as T.J. Grant pulled out of the fight due to a concussion suffered training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

muddream

Banned
It's been a while since Uncle Dana pulled the strings in favor of sports entertainment without creating a squash match in return, so I'll applaud him for dealing with this "injury" the way he saw fit.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Way to announce it on Saturday at 6:30 PM when no one is watching. Eddie Suarez just said yesterday it wasn't a done deal, but he was probably fibbing.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dana: The fucking fight is Anderson vs Wideman. He better fucking win so I can make some fucking money on superfights.

Yep, Silva Wideman 2 Dec 28 Las Vegas

Chamber

love on your sleeve
How will The Wildman embarrass Candy this time? My money is on 1st round submission to strikes.

Side note: I think that's the first time I've seen the breaking news side banner on BSPN be something MMA related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom