• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man Killer Instinct is DOA.

yes it is, but people shouldn't have had any positive expectations for it

The originals were hot garbage. Their most redeeming trait was attract mode on the arcade one for the hot music.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
There aren't many people in MMA who have the personality to do that. Mayhem and Rampage have gone legit crazy, Tito is a lying liar who lies, and Sonnen has only one character. They tried with Couture and Liddell but quickly found out not to give them anything that has actual lines. I've seen Keith Jardine show up, but honestly unless they do yet another The Hills Have Eyes remake or decide to go back to the 1980s prison movies, he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Oh man Killer Instinct is DOA.
I don't understand why people have such fond memories of this thing. It was a shit game back in the day. The only thing it had going for it is that it screamed louder than Mortal Kombat and Tekken in the arcade.

Street Fighter II characters:

Street Fighter 4 characters:

Mortal Kombat characters:

Mortal Kombat characters (2012):

Killer Instinct characters:

KI 2013:

Wand doesn't want to fight Chael because it's a career ending move. He wants to squeeze in a couple of more interesting fights in there before he checks out.

I think Dana would like Chael to move to 185 if Weidman shames Silvainho again. There's at least 3 scenarios right now with the UFC title, and I'm sure a lot of thought is being put in preparing for them.

Scenario 1:

Weidman repeats and the division is completely reset.

Scenario 2:

Silva wins a fight that could've gone either way, and you get a trilogy.

Scenario 3:

Silvainho hacks the Matrix and destroys Weidman. There's no trilogy here because of the narrative built around the way Silva lost the first fight. Super fights are back on.

Honestly I think there should be a lot of excitement around the future of 185 at the UFC can factory. Weidman winning will kick off the recycling machine in full gear! So many match ups can be made, so many new narratives can be built.
If I was the writer I would want to go full on Marvel expanded universe on this bitch:

Machida vs Rockhold -> Give a chance for Machida to knock out someone again and buy some stock back. Rochold must be eager to prove his worth again. Stand up match, 50/50 odds of being boring/great.

Mark Munoz vs Belfort -> Title contender match. 80/20 odds of being great/boring.

Sonnen vs Jacare -> Fake Abu Dhabi vs Real Abu Dhabi. Puts Sonnen on Weidman's path if he wins. 50/50 odds.

Machida vs Weidman, Sonnen vs Weidman, Mark Munoz vs Weidman, Belfort vs Weidman. A lot of road for the new P2P king to cover and land a super fight against Bones.

Vio-Lence

Banned
the Nick Diaz vs Machida fight sounds better than a match with Luke Da Rock.

chael shaming new old Victor or Wand is better than anything.

munoz can fight bisping or jacare.

the Nick Diaz vs Machida fight sounds better than a match with Luke Da Rock.

chael shaming new old Victor or Wand is better than anything.

munoz can fight bisping or jacare.

Nick Diaz vs Machida isn't happening, which is why I didn't consider it. I don't think putting Victor vs Chael would a) be a fun fight, or b) widen up the options going forward.

There's really no need for Belfort vs Chael, and I have a feeling Dana feels the same which is why he doesn't seem interested in it at all. But it could happen, unfortunately you would be cutting down the division needlessly for Weidman.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't understand why people have such fond memories of this thing. It was a shit game back in the day. The only thing it had going for it is that it screamed louder than Mortal Kombat and Tekken in the arcade.

Agreed, KI was always the poor man's MK. The hype is kind of odd to me.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I might be misremembering, but wasn't the og KI one of really few launch games for the N64. I only remember KI, Mario and som flying game (wings64?)
That might have something to do with peoples' memories, they had nothing else to play. Worst launch lineup ever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I might be misremembering, but wasn't the og KI one of really few launch games for the N64. I only remember KI, Mario and som flying game (wings64?)
That might have something to do with peoples' memories, they had nothing else to play. Worst launch lineup ever.
KI Gold was I believe. I played the dogshit out of it but I'm not trying to fool myself. Game's bad.

Games gonna be a letdown if they removed Pride mode. EA MMA 1 had it so its inexcusable to not take advantage of the license. EA to take a note from Yukes, in the fact that we want our veterans/legends in our games.

Hell id take an all legends MMA game. Filled with guys like Frye, Shamrock, Crocop, Frank, Hughes, Saku, Mezgar, Royce, Wand etc

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
cJGAsHP.jpg

hmm

Look guys, I just got done fuckin playing this fuckin EA UFC game and its the best fuckin version of a UFC game I've ever played. It's like a fuckin Diaz brother with beautiful fuckin graphics.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Do you think Tito's neck will require DLC to fix?

Healthy Tito will be Xbox One exclusive along with Chuck with that look in his eye.

I hope it has the EA MMA submission system. I was a beast with that thing but my friend had trouble with it so I'd be able to choke him as Aoki out with Joachim Hansen. Always good for a laugh.

Agreed, friend. I loved the grappling system in EA MMA, big part of why I was happy with EA getting the UFC license.

VoxPop

Healthy Tito will be Xbox One exclusive along with Chuck with that look in his eye.

Agreed, friend. I loved the grappling system in EA MMA, big part of why I was happy with EA getting the UFC license.

Wasn't a huge fan of the grappling in EA MMA. The 1 button transitions were a bit meh. I liked THQ's take better. Just wish they had more transitions in different positions than always having to go from a certain position to the next (i.e open guard -> half guard -> side control -> mount). I know certain fighters had special major transitions.

The only thing good that came out of EA MMA was their submission system,

The striking was horribly clunky and looked like shit. And everyone only had like 5 different strikes and they always made the opponent flail back even after a weak jab along with a loud fighting game esque smack sound. Undisputed's wasn't perfect but it was a hell of a lot better aside from the robotic animations.

Also hated that shitty way everyone moved around like they were gliding across the cage/ring. Seems to be fixed though.

What I really want is the ability to sway and dodge organically. I loved clowning people online mimicking Anderson and Diaz's styles along with taunts. If they added a nice way to aggravate your opponent, I'd love it.

Dysun

Ryoto bringing the lols

"Yes, I promise my next fight I will put in my best performance. Hey, but the last fight I tried all the time. I was looking for Davis inside the Octagon, but he run away all the time. He tried to take me down at the end of the round. I was looking for the fight but he was wrestling. I don't know what happened. He no hit me, he landed but he no hit me anytime. But, next time, I will look for the fight all the time. I just want a next chance."

PPM stays sellin them wolf tickets.

What about vs Hendo? He didn't learn his lesson after that?

Last time he finished a guy the dude hit PPM's fist with his chin.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Young Rory may legitimately become the first fighter to die in the Octagon.

More like everyone is about to realize Ruthless Robbie is only 2 fights removed from getting 30-27'd by the likes of Lorenz Larkin. Once a can, always a can.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
In all likelihood, Stefan Struve is going to retire.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/20/4641376/statement-regarding-stefan-struves-heart-condition

Stefan Struve has recently been diagnosed with a leaking aortic valve and an enlarged heart and was hospitalized for a week to undergo testing to determine the best course of treatment. The doctors found that Stefan has a bicuspid aortic valve, wich means that his aortic valve only has two leaflets, instead of three.

The aortic valve regulates blood flow from the heart into the aorta, the major blood vessel that brings blood to the body. In combination with the enlarged heart it causes his heart to only pump 70 percent of the blood into the aorta and then the rest of his body, and the remaining 30 percent ends up back in the heart chamber. After consulting experts in both Holland and the United States, it was decided to treat the condition with medication for the next two months and asses the effectiveness of that treatment protocol. After those 2 months, the doctors will have an answer on what the best treatment options are.

At the direction of his doctors, Stefan has now been released from the hospital and has resumed light cardiovascular exercise. Stefan fully appreciates the significance of the condition he has been diagnosed with, however, he is optimistic about the eventual outcome and fully plans on living a long, healthy, active, happy life and eventually returning to competition in the octagon for his quest to become the UFC Heavyweight Champion.

Stefan loves the UFC and plans on being involved with company as a fighter and ambassador for years to come. Stefan wants to thank all the fans who have supported him thus far in his career as well as the UFC, Dana White, Lorenzo Fertita, Joe Silva, Dr. Jeff Davidson, the entire staff of the UFC, and his fellow fighters for affording him the opportunity to compete on the biggest stage of the sport of MMA, as well as a tremendous degree of support during this trying time. In particular Stefan wants to thank Dana White, Lorenzo Fertita, & Joe Silva for immediately getting engaged with this issue and providing Stefan access to the best possible medical care. Stefan will be sharing his experiences as he deals with this medical condition in the hopes that he can serve as a role model by helping to create awareness and inspire others to fight through adversity.

There should be a lot more testing for heart conditions across every sport. Football/soccer has learnt this the hard way.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Tom Watson vs. Alessio Sakara has been added to the English event.

This entire card is No Employable Skills Inc. It's going to be incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom