• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Just a heads-up for everyone, this weekend Showtime will be free if you don't subscribe. Strikeforce for everyone!

I don't think SHO Extreme will be free for the prelims, though.

Watching shit on the big screen is good dick

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
OK since we have a new thread we should do an introduction thing to get new posters or lurkers posting..

1. First MMA Show you remember watching
2. 5 favorite fighters
3. first MMA show you've attended (if any) or first MMA show you want to attend

can't think of any other things, my brain is drained

1. i remember renting UFC 1 from a local video store in the mid 90's (?). thought it was kind of boring. caught a few early TUF episodes with my brother. really picked the sport up around 2006-2007, about the time many of the pride guys were making their way into the UFC (notably, rampage)
2. A. Silva, Pettis, Cerrone, Machida, Lauzon
3. UFC 73

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
2. 5 favorite fighters

1. UFC 1. I kinda liked it, but was bored to tears and hated Royce Gracie because it wasn't exciting. If I had only knew...

2:
- Junior Dos Santos
- GSP
- Jose Aldo
- the retired Oleg Taktarov
- Benson Henderson

3: None, actually. Missed a UFC in Tulsa once.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wait, Tommy the green Ranger co-founded Jesus Didn't Tap? Wow...lol.

4BQSJ.jpg

When I first heard this Jesus Didn't Tap song in a Jason David Frank MMA video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiAY5yVzIUE

I thought they were shouting JASON DAVID FRAANK JASON DAVID FRAANK

Wand is undefeated vs fighters born in Japan, and I don't see that changing. Wand KOs Brian Cann and becomes unstoppable again.

VoxPop

Wand is undefeated vs fighters born in Japan, and I don't see that changing. Wand KOs Brian Cann and becomes unstoppable again.

Wand was never unstoppable. He spent his career fighting undersized Japanese cans and lost twice in a row when he fought real competition in Arona. I give him credit for his second win against Rampage though.

Tito and Vitor also made a joke of him in the UFC.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Wand was never unstoppable. He spent his career fighting undersized Japanese cans and lost twice in a row when he fought real competition in Arona. I give him credit for his second win against Rampage though.

Tito and Vitor also made a joke of him in the UFC.

media_6798671.jpg

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
The era of insularity is over. Come one bro, come all bros, and bang like you have no interesting threads to fall back on.
We're like China opening the door to the west. It's a land of golden opportunity as long as you serpentine bang correctly folks!
That tattoo on his bicep made me lol but in a good way. What a wonderful personality, I hope he one day rises to become bantamweight champ instead of Dominick Cruzzzzzzz

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I wanna fuckin bang :(
Sure, you can bang with me. But you must go to my weight class and agree to my terms. I refuse to bang with anyone above my own weight class unless its to save a thread.

anderson-silva-smiling.gif

edit: if any of yo bros wants to bang on Anarchy Reigns (PS3) add me. My PSN ID is exactly the same as my username. I'm going to go pick it up now.

Young pit, while you're here, what does "vai cavalo" mean? Does it really mean "go horse"?

Yes.

OK since we have a new thread we should do an introduction thing to get new posters or lurkers posting..

2. 5 favorite fighters

can't think of any other things, my brain is drained

1. Huh... one of the first UFC events... I remember watching it on VHS, and it was advertised kinda like a "Faces of Death" of fighting...

2. Wanderlei Silva (past, present and future... S2 XOXOXO)

Shogun

José Aldo

Junior Cigano

Benson Henderson

3. UFC Rio 1 (UFC 134 - Anderson x Okami; Minotauro x Schaub; Shogun x Griffin)

4. Current favorite fighter?
5. Can Tokoro make a come back?
6. Is Saku the greatest?

4. Hm... I will always support Wanderlei Silva, no matter what. But skillwise, right now it's José Aldo Jr.

5. Who?

6. Wand is.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Not all of us drive a military grade jeep over homeless children to go to the supermarket every morning like you do.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I was fanatical about Pokemon in the Red/Blue/Yellow days. Probably the longest running game franchise with the least amount of evolution going today. I understand how you can still market that to the newest crop of 8 year olds but long time fans should really be tired of that series by now.

I had all of one post in OT3(?), and lurked through the rest of the thread. I know almost nothing about MMA yet, but this thread seems like a good place to start - new year, new thread, new chances, y'know?

I'mma read the hell out of the OP and watch some matches tonight so that I don't embarrass myself too badly later.

I was fanatical about Pokemon in the Red/Blue/Yellow days. Probably the longest running game franchise with the least amount of evolution going today. I understand how you can still market that to the newest crop of 8 year olds but long time fans should really be tired of that series by now.

Yeah, I played the hell out of Pokemon red. I agree too, it's incredible how the game is basically still the same.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine

Gotta catch em all bro.

Heel

aaaahahaha you had that response ready to go since this thread was made didn't you heel

lol off the dome like Scooter, brah.

I had all of one post in OT3(?), and lurked through the rest of the thread. I know almost nothing about MMA yet, but this thread seems like a good place to start - new year, new thread, new chances, y'know?

I'mma read the hell out of the OP and watch some matches tonight so that I don't embarrass myself too badly later.

Feel free to ask questions. Makes me realize there's no real simple way to dive into the sport at a base level, as far as I know. There should really be a go-to documentary, book, collection of fights that gives historical context...something.

This is somewhat helpful: http://www.ufc.com/discover/

VoxPop

Really wishing UFC on FOX 6 gets a 1.0 rating so they drop this midget fighting nonsense.

135 was already pushing it but having a stable of four 125 lbs fighters and calling it a division is ridiculous.

Even Carano and Cyborg fought at 145 ffs.

Johnson x Dodson

Rampage x Glover

Cerrone x Pettis

Koch x Lamas

Grant x Wiiman

Pretty shitty card compared to previous Fox outings. One would think they would stack the card with such crappy main event. Hoping ratings take a nose dive after the Rampage fight to send a point. Joe Silva needs to get ousted asap.

l.jpg

Heel

Like a matchmaker decides to add new divisions anyway. The actual matchmaking and signings at flyweight have been solid.

I guess we can ignore the biggest draws in combat sports weight like 10 pounds more than these dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom