• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll be eating a celebratory ear of mayo-slathered elote after Gil puts that two piece on ol' Bendo and pretend you knew it would happen all along, chico.

You have no idea how bad I want some of that before starting my diet.

Also, avatar bet?

Heel

I appreciate the offer friend, but Gil coming in as a huge dog and shocking our resident JDS-supporting armchair analysts along with the rest of the world will be rewarding enough.

What's the difference between thinking Reem would dominate and thinking Gil will? I can't say I'm excited to see him in the UFC but I think he'll probably do quite well.

What's the difference between thinking Reem would dominate and thinking Gil will? I can't say I'm excited to see him in the UFC but I think he'll probably do quite well.

Well he didn't look that good based on his last fight with Thompson, same dude that got KO'd by a top 20 LW

Ill bet my left testicle that Gil doesn't beat Bendo

Heel

I can't support you on this one, Heelio.

Allow me to paint a picture, friend.

Imagine a world where Gil sprawls and two-pieces Bendo for 5 rounds, avenging the losses of your hero Frankie in convincing fashion.

After Gil gets the gold strapped around his waist by a shit-grinning Uncle Dana, Eddie Alvarez jumps the guard rail in blue jeans and enters the octagon, ripping his Bellator contract to shreds.

UFC: Melendez vs. Alvarez in Mexico City. Book it.

Well he didn't look that good based on his last fight with Thompson, same dude that got KO'd by a top 20 LW

Ill bet my left testicle that Gil doesn't beat Bendo

Remember the Werdum fight?

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Imagine a world where Gil sprawls and two-pieces Bendo for 5 rounds, avenging the losses of your hero Frankie in convincing fashion.

After Gil gets the gold strapped around his waist by a shit-grinning Uncle Dana, Eddie Alvarez jumps the guard rail in blue jeans and enters the octagon, ripping his Bellator contract to shreds.

You have my sword.

VoxPop

Let me paint a different one for you. Bendo mixes in a barrage of takedowns along with pin point jabs + low kicks. Melendez starts getting frustrated and goes for a wild haymaker that leaves him vulnerable and gets rocked badly. He doesn't get finished but he has nothing left in him for the remaining 4 rounds ala JDS x Cain 2 and gets pummeled like Diaz exposing yet another Pride/Strikeforce fraud.

Bendo does the usual smirk as he becomes the winningest LW champion in UFC history next to BJ. Thanks Gawd for all his success. Pettis enters the octagon and does a nice little run along the cage wall and steps immediately in front of Bendo's face. No words are spoken.

UFC: Bendo vs. Pettis 2 in South Korea. Book it.

Heel

Let me paint a different one for you. Bendo mixes in a barrage of takedowns along with pin point jabs + low kicks. Melendez starts getting frustrated and goes for a wild haymaker that leaves him vulnerable and gets rocked badly. He doesn't get finished but he has nothing left in him for the remaining 4 rounds ala JDS x Cain 2 and gets pummeled like Diaz exposing yet another Pride/Strikeforce fraud.

Bendo does the usual smirk as he becomes the winningest LW champion in UFC history next to BJ. Thanks Gawd for all his success. Pettis enters the octagon and does a nice little run along the cage wall and steps immediately in front of Bendo's face. No words are spoken.

UFC: Bendo vs. Pettis 2 in South Korea. Book it.

You have my ignored.

The one where he kept flopping into guard or the one where he pounded on a fat man for 3 rounds?

VASPER

Banned
just watched Cain vs JDS 2 and wow what a different fight that was. I am hoping to see JDS get a rubber match at some point after he crushes a few cans.

just watched Cain vs JDS 2 and wow what a different fight that was. I am hoping to see JDS get a rubber match at some point after he crushes a few cans.
He'll crush a few cans and then will fight Reem for the title. Reem is gonna crush Can Velasquez.

I just hope they don't pair up JDS and Hunt after Markuu Hunto shatters Glass Joe Struve's jaw, getting a hero's welcome in Japan.

Don't do it, Joe Silver. Only way I want to see that fight is if the belt is on the line.

I rewatched Cain/JDS 2 a few days ago before leaving my parents house. I noticed that Cain had problems shooting in from anywhere but the clinch. I think hurting his knee really changed his game.

Vio-Lence

Banned
or it could be that JDS has pretty good take down defense. he got back up pretty quickly every time he was taken down, even when gassed and on Anderson Cooper Lane.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Cain's knee is fine. Just the fact that those were some of the most telegraphed TD attempts of all time. Worked out great anyway because his whole gameplan was to gas out JDS.

or it could be that JDS has pretty good take down defense. he got back up pretty quickly every time he was taken down, even when gassed and on Anderson Cooper Lane.

Nah I'm talking about strictly Cain's set up. He can't drag his knee while setting up the single like he did before. He tried it during the fight and changed it up after he failed at it.

TheNatural

My Member!
Well you did lose the equivalent of a flyweight fighter last year, right? Your loss is our gain?

Haha, this is true.

MMA friends, especially Chamber, come enjoy the circa 2006 laughter of NPD numbers:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507789&page=5

Usually the sales stuff is for the birds, the same shit every month with no changes. But this time, it's pretty hilarious since Wii U did so bad. It sold literally, $599 PS3 launch numbers, and one third of the amount of the 360 in December. Oh my.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What, you think I'm Wii U supporter #1 or something? My Skyward Sword television connector isn't concerned about the numbers, friend.

TheNatural

My Member!
What, you think I'm Wii U supporter #1 or something? My Skyward Sword television connector isn't concerned about the numbers, friend.

No, I just said wait and it will drop price. :p

But I guess you'll be a Wii U "ambassador" and get like ten Gamecube games free around March, if history holds true.

Damn the videogame marketplace is such a clusterfuck these days.

Heel

1IFRO.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Who would have thought this guy would have been high on horse meat?
Rousimar-Palhares-picture.jpg

People don't give a shit about upgrading. People upgraded from PS2/Xbox because of leap in tech. Playing online was probably the biggest selling point.

When their yearly games of Madden and COD come out for new systems (at under $300) they'll upgrade.

edit: I see you're talking about Nintendo. I don't think it'll be successful, but Nintendo fans are crazy.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
People don't give a shit about upgrading. People upgraded from PS2/Xbox because of leap in tech. Playing online was probably the biggest selling point.

We'll see what happens when the casuals see Madden and GTA running on 8880 level gpu's. I kind of lean your way on this though. I don't think better graphics alone will sell to the public.

VoxPop

Sure they dont. Until they see some real next gen shit.

Seeing Fight Night Round 3 in HD @ Gamestop for the first time made me salivate and had to get a 360 right away. Amazing that this thing lasted me till now and havent had one issue with it.

Console gaming to PC gaming is a huge leap. Doubt they'd go that far though. Also with 4K looming and the recent showing of XBOX Illumiroom, I'm honestly excited for next gen.

Anderson supposedly signed a 10 fight deal.. at 37.. Next fight is with Bisping if he gets past Belfort. Color me unimpressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom