• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Diego Brandao needs a nutritionist. Either that or to accept his fate and fight at 155. It's the first time he's missed weight, but in most fights previous to this he gasses remarkably quickly. I'm not sure how you can miss weight by 8lbs either, unless you're slightly injured and/or a lazy asshole.

Hoping Silva takes this shit serious this time!

justbleed.gif

industrian

Yes it is. And it makes me sad because he's likely never to be close to the same again at anything athletic in his life.

And he wasn't even beaten. By that I mean: he wasn't KO'd, wasn't submitted, and didn't even lose on points. What a shitty way to end a phenomenal career.

And he wasn't even beaten. By that I mean: he wasn't KO'd, wasn't submitted, and didn't even lose on points. What a shitty way to end a phenomenal career.

It's pretty much shitty all around because not only is it an awful way to cap Silva's career but even more than usual it will cause people to doubt Weidman's ability.

In terms of legacy it's a lose/lose.

Was it that UFC Access stuff?

Man...... just think bout it........ no Silva, no GSP.... no Bork.

Who the fuck have they got man? No one that anyone gives a shit about, too funny.

Pettis every third solar moon when the planets align and he's able to channel the healing powers of Jupiter to be healthy enough to fight for a single night.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Yeah.

Oh wells. GSP+Silva gone and throw on Reem's failure. Bad bad year for Ultimate.

GSP must be lollin though, they might need him back. Dudes gonna make bankkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Anybody see themselves immediately giving this UFC Fight Pass thing a shot?

I guess since there's a free trial it's pretty much 99% or so of people saying 'Yes'.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Hey man, you asked what they got... lol
Yeah.

Oh wells. GSP+Silva gone and throw on Reem's failure. Bad bad year for Ultimate.

GSP must be lollin though, they might need him back. Dudes gonna make bankkkkkkkkkkkkk.
A couple of nights ago I had a dream where Baby Jay KO'd Frankie in the first 30 seconds of Round 1 a la the third Hughes fight. I thought this was odd because I'm not that big of a fan of BJ and had actually forgotten that he was back, but now that Anderson and GSP are gone I know it was a sign of hope for the coming year. The future looks bright friends:
-Aldo moves up to fight Healthy Pettis after the latter clears his division in six months
- BJ defeats Edgar for the vacant FW belt, becoming the first 3 division champ and bringing about the return of Kenny Florian
- Mighty Mouse starts weighing in with coins in his pockets and getting finishes in every weight class, gets scheduled for what should be a FOTY candidate with Mark Hunt
- Nick Diaz comes out of retirement to rematch Condit for the WW belt
- Brock and Carwin coach an all female TUF
- Fedor finally fights Barnett on the prelims of UFC Tallinn: Overeem vs Gustafsson, exclusive to UFC Fight Pass holders

Just saw the main fight and Im speechless. Seriously guys... :(

Something I always feared with leg kicks and checking them happened to the best? Oh my god...

industrian

Now we have next week's debut of the 6'4" featherweight Will Chope to look forward to. And we're all hoping that he sticks to grappling.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
You just know all the light-heavies phoned their coaches and said they wanted to get started on that right away. Jones' bones can barely take it when they land on tenderised thigh meat.

ShaneB

Was it that UFC Access stuff?

Man...... just think bout it........ no Silva, no GSP.... no Bork.

Who the fuck have they got man? No one that anyone gives a shit about, too funny.

You do realize there was a time no one cared about GSP and Silva too right? And Brock was a star in Wrassling before ever coming to the UFC.

Seriously, just watch and enjoy good fights, who gives a fuck about who is a "star"

As I said in the other thread. This was a very entertaining event, but the outcomes couldn't be worse. I even won some $$$ and I'm still bothered by it.

Barnett looked slow and his road to the title has ended by fucking Hapa, of all people. Sucks because I think he matches up well with both JDS & Cain. Not saying he would win but I'd give him a shot.

Tate/Rousey- yeah the only fight I lost money on tonight, but I really couldn't ignore those odds in a rematch. Props to Honda for being that good, but damn. I wanted Tate to end this saga the right way, by taking that belt. Beat fight of the night. I thought there would be no way that Tate would get armbared again. What rematch ends in the same exact submission.

Weidman/Silva- I won some cash and like both fighters, but it was just another strange unsatisfying loss that didn't do Weidman any favors. Anderson also looked pretty slow, actually he's been looking old to me since Sonnen II. Terrible way to end his epic career and people are still calling Weidman lucky. Seeing Anderson down screaming in pain was painfull and depressing to watch. It's like seeing an immortal comicbook character die right in front of you.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Fucking hell, that was nasty! Had it spoiled for me, but still.

Weidman also just thanked Jesus. Shall I infer that Jesus broke Anderson's leg?

Also, Ronda vs Miesha was the best fight. God damn those hip throws, beautiful!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The Weidman hating around the web right now is hilarious. So much salt.

Fucking hell, that was nasty! Had it spoiled for me, but still.

Weidman also just thanked Jesus. Shall I infer that Jesus broke Anderson's leg?

Also, Ronda vs Miesha was the best fight. God damn those hip throws, beautiful!

Jesus gave Anderson that leg and it's his right to take it back.

Top Bottom