• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Glover Texiera has got nothing for Bones. Johnny might never lose.

Also watching these women's fights on TUF is like watching the WNBA.

I think David Grant has potential. Needs to work on his control,and brush up on the rules, but he can definitely be a decent fighter. Hopefully Team Tate picks him up.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They still have these shitty 24fps cameras shooting the fights this year? Looks like garbage.

dream

UkvjKa8.jpg

e5ktdwT.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have a feeling Hotrod Honda is going to come off terribly this season. She will lose the fight and then retire to do movies. Apparently she's shooting Expendables 3 now and F&F 7 right before the fight.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That seems likely when you consider the fact that Honda is terribly insecure considering she is an Olympic medallist and a world champion.

I have a feeling Hotrod Honda is going to come off terribly this season. She will lose the fight and then retire to do movies. Apparently she's shooting Expendables 3 now and F&F 7 right before the fight.

I don't know about losing the fight but she'll definitely come off terribly this season. She shit talks a lot and carries grudges on her sleeve. Tate will play the game and troll with a smile on the whole time.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Dolph Ziggler said:
I'm always trying to make myself a better sports entertainer. I'm always trying to find out why people cheer at certain times. I love this, I love doing this. I have no desire to switch companies or go to UFC or anything like that. As of right now, working on the entertainment aspect is my favorite thing to do, my favorite hobby right now (he does stand-up comedy on the side).

Nick Nemeth would legit kill Chris Weidman.

Heel

lol Sapo Natal at the post presser.

"BBQ? I have to wait for my check to clear."

"Does anyone know if they charge taxes on this bonus of the night? I'm not going to take another tax cut."

Oh my god...tuf...

So many trashy people unbelievable.

I liked the fact that there are veteran female fighters just stomping out these new ones who had a dream...had...

TheChits

I really enjoyed the first episode of TUF. I don't expect this season to be as good as the last though since Tate and Rousey will almost certainly make a fool of themselves

Heel

Prelims - 270k viewers
Main - 539k viewers

This is for UFC, not Bellator.

The last Wednesday Bellator card pulled 679k viewers.

lol

muddream

Banned
Thoughts on TUF 18:

- Still mostly a 60 minute advertisement for planned parenthood.

- Reinforced several of my dearest stereotypes.

- Rooting for cute Tate friend vs Shayna Barnett. She could fill the void Ronda's leaving in 2014.

- Ronda eerily looks like Brock when she's raging, which might hurt her movie career.

- Roxanne's most likely a GAFer, remember what happened last time we made fun of our own?

Heel

Could Bellator be making a WCW-like surge, stealing the Ultimate talent and catching them resting on their laurels?

"You people... you know whos I am. But you don't know whys I here." - Anderson Silva in plain clothes at the Bellator pay-per-view

Wednesday Night Wars are coming. Believe.

muddream

Banned
TUF 18: Rousey vs. Tate premiere - 762,000 viewers 0.4 18-49

Prelims - 270k viewers
Main - 539k viewers

This is for UFC, not Bellator.

The last Wednesday Bellator card pulled 679k viewers.

lol

So 200.000+ viewers watched TUF, but couldn't be bothered to watch the free UFC event preceding it?

I think this is a much bigger blow to the Ultimate in general than to Ronda's star power.

Heel

So 200.000+ viewers watched TUF, but couldn't be bothered to watch the free UFC event preceding it?

I think this is a much bigger blow to the Ultimate in general than to Ronda's star power.

That's an average spanning the whole main card time block. I'm sure UFC will be able to spin this with a peak number for the main event, or HUT levels, or something.

So the rise in mma popularity around UFC 100 was a fad? Sounds like Dana needs another crossover star. Time to send CM Punk to train with Greg Jackson and get him ready for a run at Chris Weidman.

Heel

UFC Fight Night 28 draws reported 5,126 attendance – but UFC not concerned

UFC 147, the promotion's debut in Belo Horizonte, took place in June 2012 and drew an announced attendance of 16,643 for the pay-per-view.

"There's no issues with the health of the market," Zelaznik said. "Obviously, this is a big arena. We put this event on sale before we had made our strategic goal to try and create more intimate events. Obviously (UFC Fight Night 27 in) Indianapolis was a smaller show, as well, so we set out after tickets were on sale to get it aligned with our whole global business of Wednesday nights."

Zelaznik reiterated what UFC President Dana White said this past week in Indianapolis after the promotion's first Wednesday night "Fight Night" show in its new broadcast partnership with FOX Sports 1.

"There's no denying that Wednesday nights will be a challenge," Zelaznik said. "It's not Saturday night fights, but they're perfect for television. They're great for fans that can't commit every weekend that the UFC has an event, so we're excited to have them in Wednesdays. The fans showed up. There weren't really many empty seats in the house. I think we were left with about 200 tickets that didn't dell for tonight, so we're ecstatic with the event. I think we delivered for the fans. We promised an intimate night. The fighters did a great job, so no – there's no problem with the market here, trust me.

Maybe it's the UFC's goal to create more intimate ratings as well? #TeamPositive

Top Bottom