• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How much did fox pay for the ultimate?

0095_rgp1d.gif

Heel

It's interesting because these ratings are likely a slam dunk for "Fox Sports 1" and also enough to give Dana White a second bout of Meniere's. How long before they start butting heads?

Dysun

Worst ever ratings for a TUF Premiere right? Even Carwin vs Nelson was over a million I think.

No surprise, I was bored within 15 minutes of TUF 18 starting

Vio-Lence

Banned
It's interesting because these ratings are likely a slam dunk for "Fox Sports 1" and also enough to give Dana White a second bout of Meniere's. How long before they start butting heads?

What can they do to boost ratings at this point?

The only thing that will bring the sport back to it's peak ratings/popularity wise outside of new fighters that go for broke would be a judging criteria change that lowers the value of wrestling.

So 200.000+ viewers watched TUF, but couldn't be bothered to watch the free UFC event preceding it?

I think this is a much bigger blow to the Ultimate in general than to Ronda's star power.

The fights started at 4 in the west coast, that's too early

I'm of the opinion that UFC expanding to Mexico and the Philippines might turn the tide.

Bring on the 95 lb. Pinoyweight division and let them thangs fly.

that could make for wars like the lower weight classes in Boxing but I can't imagine too many KO finishes.

alr1ght

Our good friend dream's essay is on point with the Spike changeover. Spike was the UFC channel. That's where you knew the fighters were going to be on. Them switching around several networks just causes confusion and apathy. They get on FS1 and proceed to play around 8 hours of coverage in the buildup to Ryan Bader vs Glover Texiera, boring people to death before the fight.

Boogie

Sooo, Hendricks hasn't filed his VADA paperwork yet.

Who's your steroid cheat now, playboy?

Also, WAR Roxy!

This reminds me Boogie. poly believes that Johny is going to knock GSP.

So poly you want to bet? When GSP wins you have to shop a crown onto his head and that will be the OP for the thread until OT. No soup cans nothing funny just GSP wearing the crown.

When GSP wins you have to shop a crown onto his head and that will be the OP for the thread until OT. No soup cans nothing funny just GSP wearing the crown.

Hey that's not fair. That doesn't just punish Poly. That punishes us all.

Watching TUF: 1) Miesha is super cute 2) Jesus is there nothing these cans talk about other than their kids?

Heel

Uncle Dana rallies #TeamPositive on The UG:

Distatorous? MMALogic is pretty good but he's way off on this one. We were #1 on all of cable with M18-34 and M18-49. We also beat out the US Open and the Detroit vs. Red Sox MLB game. This is all part of the building process. We've made a commitment to work with FOX to build this network. If you look at all the other networks we've ever been on, we consistently pull strong ratings.

The first time we put our prelims on FX, we pulled 880K viewers and it grew, depending on the fight, up to 1.9 million viewers for UFC 156. Also, the TUF season with Carwin and Big Country averged 822K viewers, then Jones vs. Sonnen averaged 1.3 million viewers.

We currently hold the top 4 most watched telecasts on FS1 since the network launched. To be honest, our Prelim and Fight Night numbers weren't bad considering we started on the west coast at 2pm in the afternoon on a Wednesday. The most important thing is last nights fights were awesome and this season of TUF is great.

Yes, we didn't pull 1 million+ but we will. But, we also fucked up last night by not starting the main event later so that we could get a live lead into TUF. The bottom line is FOX couldn't be happier with the UFC and the ratings we're pulling and we couldn't be happier with the way we have been treated by the network.

Yes fuckers my secretary typed this not me. :)

There will be 10 more seasons of TUF while we have the FOX deal.

Ha Roxanne Modaferri uppins! The last time I saw her she was when she was on the receiving end of a Rampage/Arona style power bomb from Sarah Kaufman.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
- Roxanne's most likely a GAFer, remember what happened last time we made fun of our own?
If this is the case, then I'll apologize for my malignant narcissism putting the limelight on her appearance, but until that time, hold your fire. Meanwhile, I'm going to roll the bones on the ghost of a chance that we have a double agent on our fair forum. I respect that you'd like me to put on kid gloves and take things closer to the heart, but my emotion detector is currently under high water.

I'm starting to think that people are over TUF too. There was a time when some legit stars came out of it, but that time as passed. There are no diamonds in the rough in MMA anymore. Anyone with any sort of potential or talent is snatched up. To be honest most of the people in last night's TUF fights looked like scrubs. That one Shayna chick with the crazy dad was positioned to be some unstoppable monster until you find out that she's 33 years old with a career record of 15-8.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm starting to think that people are over TUF too. There was a time when some legit stars came out of it, but that time as passed. There are no diamonds in the rough in MMA anymore. Anyone with any sort of potential or talent is snatched up. To be honest most of the people in last night's TUF fights looked like scrubs. That one Shayna chick with the crazy dad was positioned to be some unstoppable monster until you find out that she's 33 years old with a career record of 15-8.

Just now coming to this conclusion?

I'll give an ounce of credit to TUF 17 for producing Kelvin Gastellum. A 21 year old prospect is what that show should be looking for and not these cans like Bubba McDaniel who already have 20+ fights on their record and haven't accomplished anything.

Loser leaves town? Nice match-up.

And why is mah girl Marianna Kheyfets not in this TUF season? She'd crush all these munsons. Even some of the men.

alr1ght

That fight will be more exciting than Slippery George jabbing Johny One Punch for 5 rounds.

Top Bottom