• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

dem

Wow 167 is stacked for a GSP card

GSP vs Hendricks
Evans vs Sonnen
Rory MacDonald Vs Lawler
Overeem vs Mir
Koscheck vs Woodley

Nobody thinks Johny One Punch has any chance of winning. Not even Pauly.
looool a lot of you were writing off Weidman too, remember that.

Johny got this. I'm gonna ride this warwagon til the wheels fall off even if I'm the only one on it.

And Kaep I'm down to make a wager but it has to be one that's equal for both of us such as an avatar bet.

GSP wins, I will use the non-rule breaking avatar of your choice for a to-be-determined amount of time on my GAF profile.
Johny wins, you will use the avatar of MY choice for a to-be-determined amount of time on your GAF profile.

If you're in, let me know for how long you want the loser's avatar to stay.

TheChits

Hendrick's obviously has a punchers chance versus anybody and his wrestling may allow him to defend a takedown or two. I'm still not certain about GSP after coming back from his injury either. Very excited for the fight

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
J1P is going to get hurt and Koscheck will rise from the prelims to take on the Slippery One.

GSP is prime for the picking

He hasn't looked right the last few fights
He's going to play it even safer now after seeing Anderson get beat.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Or possibly Kaeptain's Natch moment...
LOL. Nevermind. It shouldn't be rational with you acidic fucks. Fuck you guys.

You guys have fallen off the deep end in acidity. I can already see poly quoting me going "dur hur here's what kapt said." Used to be you could talk MMA with a touch of sarcasm, now it's bitch about mods, bitch about other threads, bitch about letting new people in the chat, bitch, bitch, bitch. You guys are like a bunch of 80 year old women. Which also describes the quality of pussy you alphas talk about pulling.

I'm going out like it started. GSP is GOAT, he bitch slapped Diaz, and the same people bitching about his 'wolf tickets' were buying his shit he would actually win last year. It's only a scheme after he got exposed and how wrong everyone was that he would do shit to GSP. Right poly?

Anderson is a fight ducking SOB who doesn't want a piece of Bones because he knows he'll get slaughtered. Chris Weidman's pillow fists put him in a casket it and he's been ducking ever since. Bones would bury him worse than the Brazilian income inequality.

PRIDE sucks, Fedor sucks, he got bitchslapped in the B feds because he wasn't fighting novelty fights, just like the rest of PRIDE. The real reason PRIDE fans fell in love with it wasn't because of great fighters, it was because of being closet JPOP fans (KPOP is better by the way) and being nostalgic about sitting up at 3 in the AM trying to play some Li Po Ki JRPG while watching it.

And I never once needed a box of Kleenex to play some medieval RPG with a pretty waterfall. Or for another reason to watch some 15 year old gymnast.

GSP = GOAT.

Diaz-camp-allegations.jpg

He's a better color commentator than KenFlo. He instantly becomes UFC's number 2 guy after Rogan when he retires, provided he hasn't killed too many brain cells by getting KO'd every 3 months.

Anik and Florian honestly need to be straight up replaced. Drop Goldie to the Fox cards and team him with Bonnar, Mir, or Based Bas and bring in The Voice for the big shows next to Rogan.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anik and Goldie are straight up terrible. They are on autopilot the entire night. At least Goldie shows a little bit of excitement when things get interesting, though.

bone_and_sinew

Analysts aren't a problem, Brian Stann and Frank Mir shine spectacularly in those roles. The play-by-play guys are a problem though, Goldie is a robot and Anik is new to the sport.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
LOL. Nevermind. It shouldn't be rational with you acidic fucks. Fuck you guys.

You guys have fallen off the deep end in acidity. I can already see poly quoting me going "dur hur here's what kapt said." Used to be you could talk MMA with a touch of sarcasm, now it's bitch about mods, bitch about other threads, bitch about letting new people in the chat, bitch, bitch, bitch. You guys are like a bunch of 80 year old women. Which also describes the quality of pussy you alphas talk about pulling.

I'm going out like it started. GSP is GOAT, he bitch slapped Diaz, and the same people bitching about his 'wolf tickets' were buying his shit he would actually win last year. It's only a scheme after he got exposed and how wrong everyone was that he would do shit to GSP. Right poly?

Anderson is a fight ducking SOB who doesn't want a piece of Bones because he knows he'll get slaughtered. Chris Weidman's pillow fists put him in a casket it and he's been ducking ever since. Bones would bury him worse than the Brazilian income inequality.

PRIDE sucks, Fedor sucks, he got bitchslapped in the B feds because he wasn't fighting novelty fights, just like the rest of PRIDE. The real reason PRIDE fans fell in love with it wasn't because of great fighters, it was because of being closet JPOP fans (KPOP is better by the way) and being nostalgic about sitting up at 3 in the AM trying to play some Li Po Ki JRPG while watching it.

And I never once needed a box of Kleenex to play some medieval RPG with a pretty waterfall. Or for another reason to watch some 15 year old gymnast.

GSP = GOAT.

Diaz-camp-allegations.jpg

puddinpops.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Anik and Goldie are straight up terrible. They are on autopilot the entire night. At least Goldie shows a little bit of excitement when things get interesting, though.

Goldie at least has a personality and his excited voice. That and he's been there that long it's hard not to hear his voice during a fight. You automatically associate him and Rogan when watching the UFC.

Anik on the other hand is just monotonous. Just no emotion from him whatsoever. He'd make a better reporter/interviewer than a commentator.

If you want someone who combines the elements of a hype man persona with technical knowledge, just get Chael Sonnen. Has he ever done commentary before? Why not try him out.

bone_and_sinew

The best part about natch's meltdown is how easy it is to swap Bones, Anderson, Fedor, GSP = GOAT. Just change a few names, add a couple wrinkles to suit the ranter and voila.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Anik and Florian honestly need to be straight up replaced. Drop Goldie to the Fox cards and team him with Bonnar, Mir, or Based Bas and bring in The Voice for the big shows next to Rogan.
I think Schiavello and Rogan together at once might be a bit much for most people.

VoxPop

Hope Mir pulls this off. Hopefully he somehow blasts Reem with some good shots and finish him before the eventual Uberknee annihilation.

Joe Silva for the day. Some fights I wanna see now.

BW

Faber x MacDonald

FW

Aldo x Lamas
Swanson x KZ
Edgar x Elkins
Porier x Guida
Koch x Lentz

LW

Bendo x Punk
Maynard x Diaz
Nurmagomedov x winner of Melendez/Sanchez
Cerrone x Barboza

WW

Diaz x Rory/Lawler winner
Condit x Maia if he gets by Shields
Brown x Ellenberger
Askren x Saffiedine
Kampmann x winner of Silva/Kim
Woodley x Lombard
Kos x Marquardt

MW

Silva x Vitor 2
Weidman x Machida
Weidman x Jacare
Weidman x Bisping
Jacare x Bisping
Jacare x Munoz
Wand x Lombard
Wand x Chael
Cung Le x Belcher
Cung Le x Lombard

LHW

Bones x Cormier
Glover x Davis
Shogun x Mousasi
Lil Nog x Jimmo
Bader x Thiago Silva

HW

Cain x Werdum
JDS x Werdum 2
Barnett x Browne
Miocic x Hunt/Big Foot winner
Miocic x Big Nog
Nelson x Reem
Mir x Pat Barry
Struve x Schaub/Mitrione winner

muddream

Banned
Anik & Rogan were great together. The problem with the commentary teams are Florian's negative charisma and Goldie being the embarrassing dad type.

Shameful #TeamGSP will be tapping to verbal strikes in November. Jonhy is fearless enough to blast through that jab and end the Silva/GSP era just like it began.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not understanding the Hendricks hype at all but honestly, I don't care enough about that fight to even argue the point.

Meh.

industrian

Struve x Schaub/Mitrione winner

You're not exactly Mr. Current Events, are you?

Not understanding the Hendricks hype at all but honestly, I don't care enough about that fight to even argue the point.

Meh.

Hendricks is as one-dimensional as it gets. During the Condit fight, literally everything he did was a telegraphed set-up to set up his power punch. GSP is going to 50-44 him easily.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Do they cut Reem if he looses. Terrible start in the UFC.
I'm not sure if they'll cut either of them if they lose. HW is pretty thin and both are names and top 10ers. That said, given that whoever loses is probably going to do so by violent KO they should consider retirement for the benefit of their health.

industrian

If Mir gets pulverised then I can see him retiring in the post-fight speech.

Hell, even if he wins I can see him retiring.

If Mir gets pulverised then I can see him retiring in the post-fight speech.

Hell, even if he wins I can see him retiring.

Yeah if that happens he will have found himself in Mandalay Bay in 3 out of his last 4 fights.

I mean come on, Josh Barnett is far from an elite striker and even he KO'd Mir. Barnett's last TKO/KO victory against a halfway legit guy before that was in a hilariously sloppy fight vs an over-the-hill Pedro Rizzo, and then to see the one before that you have to go all the way back to Randy Couture at UFC 36. Mir is Chuck status. Matching him up against Reem at this point is transparent Strikeforce style matchmaking like when Dan Henderson fought Babalu or when Robbie Lawler fought Matt Lindland.

If Reem doesn't KO Mir brutally, then he should hang em up for good because it'll mean that ever since he moved to Miami, he hasn't really wanted to be a fucking fighter and has regressed immensely. Leaving Golden Glory may very well have been the worst move of his career.

industrian

Matching him up against Reem at this point is transparent Strikeforce style matchmaking like when Dan Henderson fought Babalu or when Robbie Lawler fought Matt Lindland.

Or when Overeem fought Buentello, Diaz fought Cyborg, Hendo fought Fedor, Melendez and Kawajiri, etc...

If Reem doesn't KO Mir brutally, then he should hang em up for good because it'll mean that ever since he moved to Miami, he hasn't really wanted to be a fucking fighter and has regressed immensely. Leaving Golden Glory may very well have been the worst move of his career.

If Overeem gets cut then I see him crawling back across the remnants of that burnt bridge asking for Glory to take him back.

Or when Overeem fought Buentello, Diaz fought Cyborg, Hendo fought Fedor, Melendez and Kawajiri, etc...
Kawajiri was coming off a dominating win over MMA-GAF darling Josh the Punk who arguably should've been awarded the decision in his last fight with Gil the Gawd. IMO he beat the man who beat the man so he deserved that shot. Hendo/Fedor was good matchmaking in an uncoventional way.

Goldie/Rogan are perfect. You need a low key guy with Rogan because rogan cant stand another qulity announcer besides him. Rogan knows everything!

I would take Mir instantly over Ken Flo or that ultimate tool Anik.

PPV: As it is
Fox/Fuel: Mir/Miletich and/or Stephen Quadros.

Suprised they havent gotten Stephen. The guys been around forever. He was there when there were talks of Renzo Gracie Vs Sakuraba being the biggest match of MMA at the time.

Get him!

Well...taking his magic poweder away did him in unfortunately.

His gastank wont last 3 rounds let alone a championship fight. I was very dissapointed with his fight IQ. His tactic worked because people creamed their pants right after killin' Brock Landers.

His brain relies too much on his power...I dont think he can think straight anymore in a fight. It hurts so much!

Vio-Lence

Banned
Well...taking his magic poweder away did him in unfortunately.

Overeem fighting credible opponents did him in. anything else is a poor excuse. reem was a mediocre middleweight in Pride who got on the steroids to 265#. he ran through a bunch of cans in less than credible fights like gary goodridge, gladiator thompson, and the duffman. top heavyweight overeem was always smoke and mirrors. this is a dude that's been KO'd or TKO'd a bakers dozen in his career. manufactured hype on the underground. like pauly and top LW shinya aoki-san.

Top Bottom