• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Jones is the p4p best. Just look at the Gustaffsson fight. Gus is the only person that ever came close to damaging Jones and everyone was willing to hand him the strap for it, confusing it for victory. Nobody has ever even put Jones in trouble let alone beat him yet. Hell, Jones has hardly ever been taken down.

I'd probably put Barao as a close #2

Mighty Mouse and Aldo tied for #3
By the same token, no one's ever laid as much leather on Aldo or Barao as Gus did on Jones. I'd say that fight counts as being put in trouble more than a round of Influenza Aldo trying to avoid popping Hominick's haematoma onto his face does.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This is why I have a championship or bust mentality when it comes to pro sports. I doubt Bronco fans will feel any better about their season tomorrow than I do about the Bears. Give me a higher draft pick over a conference championship trophy any day of the week.

strobogo

Banned
Why doesn't Dana get pissed at guys playing to the crowd while in subs or trying to lock on subs while their opponents are playing with their hair?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Why doesn't Dana get pissed at guys playing to the crowd while in subs or trying to lock on subs while their opponents are playing with their hair?

He usually rips those guys. You just don't hear about it because Dana rips everyone for everything so it's just more noise.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
This is why I have a championship or bust mentality when it comes to pro sports. I doubt Bronco fans will feel any better about their season tomorrow than I do about the Bears. Give me a higher draft pick over a conference championship trophy any day of the week.
"There's winning and then there's misery." -Pat Riley

chael sonnen
‏@sonnench
PET IDIOT MISSING! ANSWERS TO THE NAME "STUPID." REWARD FOR CAPTURE AND RETURN. RECENT PHOTO ENCLOUSED
RKVNbOM.jpg

MjFrancis

I finally got around to seeing UFC 169. Or, I got around to seeing Alistair Overeem pick apart Frank Mir for a while in an unspectacular fashion. He avoided the chopping block but he's far from propelling himself back to superstardom.

That fight was a bandage saving his career from terminal bleeding.

I finally got around to seeing UFC 169. Or, I got around to seeing Alistair Overeem pick apart Frank Mir for a while in an unspectacular fashion. He avoided the chopping block but he's far from propelling himself back to superstardom.

What about Trujillo rekin' Varner? Oh boy I creamed my pants when I saw that....shiiiiiiiiii

By the same token, no one's ever laid as much leather on Aldo or Barao as Gus did on Jones. I'd say that fight counts as being put in trouble more than a round of Influenza Aldo trying to avoid popping Hominick's haematoma onto his face does.

Doesn't matter if Aldo was sick or not. Hominick won that fight but got Bendo'd.

Can't wait until Sonnen jobs to Wand and they hug and laugh in the octagon during the post fight interviews with Joe Rogan. Wand retires and rides off into the sunset.

can't concur there, friend.

ideal angle would be Sonnen going over Wand and calling out Brazil for being soft and moist. then every over-the-hill brazilian roid monkey would want a piece of him.

Chael Sonnen, Gracie Favela Hunter.

Na brah, he was trying to avoid the "Mir Curse" so he didn't want to finish him.

I hadn't heard about blaming the overturned decision on the judges but that just adds to the already odd ruling of going with a probated suspension. If she popped hot for a banned substance why go so light?

Heel

Lack of fire hurting Jose Aldo's status

It’s not that White was “upset” with Aldo’s performance, but he wasn’t blown away. And with all of Aldo’s talents, White expects to be blown away.

“The thing about Jose Aldo that drives me crazy is the kid has all the talent in the world,” White told ESPN.com. “He’s explosive, fast. He can do anything but he just lays back and doesn’t let anything go.

“When you talk about being the pound-for-pound best in the world, you can’t go five rounds with guys that it looks like you can defeat them in the second round. That’s what Aldo has a habit of doing.”

Call that motherfucker out, Dana. UFC Aldo is a smoke break.

Josie taking the "my opponents are so tough, I must be careful" route at the post-fight presser doesn't inspire much confidence either. Maybe a trip to 155 will bring the dog out of him.

Damn good fight right there. Browne vs Werdum is also on that card. I might have to look into a flight to Orlando for that one.

Hmm $97. Not too shabby.

So Aldo vs Pettis?

Why is that being called a super fight? The dude hasn't even defended his title.

This dude lost a unanimous to Guide then split Jeremy Stephens like 4 fights ago

Guru-Guru

Banned
So Aldo vs Pettis?

Why is that being called a super fight? The dude hasn't even defended his title.

This dude lost a unanimous to Guide then split Jeremy Stephens like 4 fights ago
Don't even worry about it, both will pull out with injuries.

Benson Henderson was bitching about how it is unfair that Aldo would get a title shot before he gets another rematch with Pettis. Is he really oblivious to the fact that everyone hates him? I understand that the UFC puts him on all the Fox cards because he can't draw on PPV, but on the other hand, who is going to watch a Henderson fight and become a fan..

Don't even worry about it, both will pull out with injuries.

Benson Henderson was bitching about how it is unfair that Aldo would get a title shot before he gets another rematch with Pettis. Is he really oblivious to the fact that everyone hates him? I understand that the UFC puts him on all the Fox cards because he can't draw on PPV, but on the other hand, who is going to watch a Henderson fight and become a fan..

Too true. Pretty sure White hates his fighting style and, like Fitch, Henderson can keep winning all he wants but he won't get another shot. And as soon as he loses that'll be reason enough to not give him another shot anyway. Which I'm fine with. It'll at least keep all those Henderson robberies contained to non title fights.

Top Bottom