• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Roy Nelson applies for NSAC spot, Dana calls him "fucking moron"
UFC heavyweight contender, Roy Nelson, recently applied for Keith Kizer’s vacant seat as the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), a move he insists was not a publicity stunt.

“Big Country” told ‘UFC Tonight‘s’ Ariel Helwani that his desire for the position is all about opportunity, stating that if it were to come down to a popularity contest, he may actually have a chance to win.

Keith Kizer took on the job in 2006 and submitted his resignation on January 27, 2014.

Nelson has been linked to fight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in the UFC’s return to Abu Dhabi in either April or May, although nothing has been made official.

Roy Nelson’s boss, UFC President Dana White, was not impressed when he caught wind of “Big Country’s” NSAC application, stating the following:

“What a f–king moron,” said White on Monday “Let me tell you what, if he puts in an application at f–king Kinko’s, he isn’t getting that job. Let alone the Nevada State Athletic Commission.”
http://www.bjpenn.com/roy-nelson-insists-nsac-bid-is-not-for-publicity/

strobogo

Banned
i guess i dont really care, but why the sudden rush on this stuff and what real reason are these guys being given this?

Everyone's balls are shutting down due to years of steroid usage.

I'd love for UFC to go public and see how long it takes for Dana to get fired for the way he speaks to and about his employees.

Dysun

3609358-52e9bc06ef01a.jpg
Batroc the Leaper Unanimous Decision (Lay N Pray) Captain America
50-45

Dysun

People blow out their ACL's in training all the time. I mean yeah, it's more severe in this case but I think all the uproar is about it having been done training with a dude (dana tweets at least)

MjFrancis

People blow out their ACL's in training all the time. I mean yeah, it's more severe in this case but I think all the uproar is about it having been done training with a dude (dana tweets at least)
More severe is almost an understatement. We usually hear that someone blows out an ACL by itself, this was every ligament and tendon connected to the knee, like her training partner was ripping her leg in two. Well, he did, actually.

More severe is almost an understatement. We usually hear that someone blows out an ACL by itself, this was every ligament and tendon connected to the knee, like her training partner was ripping her leg in two. Well, he did, actually.

So crazy. I'd like to know how it happened. I could imagine it being her fault also. Maybe somebody had her in a knee bar and, instead of tapping, she thought she could escape it and yanked it in the wrong direction.

I know I've thought I could get out of things and have been very wrong. Could be the case, probably not though with that much damage. Hopefully it just some freak accident and not somebody being a dick. Hopefully she has a good recovery

Joe Ferraro ‏@ShowdownJoe 15m

Dana said Julianna Pena was basically bullied at her gym for wearing TUF gear. She was jumped from behind and fell, damaging her knee.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I wish "MMA journalism" was a real thing because there has to be more to this story. This is the second time in a month I've heard about Pena being assaulted for no reason.

Calling shenanigans, brehs.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So she trains at the same gym as a relatively famous UFC fighter and she got jumped for wearing TUF gear?

Red flags, brehs.

This might explain it... dudes seem to want to beat up chicks in that gym.

So she trains at the same gym as a relatively famous UFC fighter and she got jumped for wearing TUF gear?

Red flags, brehs.

MMAFighting is reporting that Julianna Pena trains at Sik-Jitsu in Spokane. Tate trains at a gym in another city, so I was mistaken on that. I thought they said on that TUF that they came from the same gym but I probably just misinterpreted that.

They also said that Sam Sicilia and Micheal Chiesa both train out of that gym. I guess they're the most notable names from there. Still Chiesa is a former TUF winner. So that's odd.

Also Dana is apparently flying Pena to LA for surgery, so it he's likely going to take care of her medical bills at least. But he's pissed at her gym. It's all in that link.

MMAFighting is reporting that Julianna Pena trains at Sik-Jitsu in Spokane. Tate trains at a gym in another city, so I was mistaken on that. I thought they said on that TUF that they came from the same gym but I probably just misinterpreted that.

They also said that Sam Sicilia and Micheal Chiesa both train out of that gym. I guess they're the most notable names from there. Still Chiesa is a former TUF winner. So that's odd.

Also Dana is apparently flying Pena to LA for surgery, so it he's likely going to take care of her medical bills at least. But he's pissed at her gym. It's all in that link.

Rick Little @SIKJITSU

@danawhite she has tore her other knee, broke her arm and her nose, some people only have one gear and break themselves. & she should be #2

What? Did all that happen together or is he talking about separate instances?

Nobody messes up that much stuff at once

I'd leave that SIk Jitsu place immediately if I held out any hope to be in the UFC. Dana will be holding an intense grudge. I think he wanted Pena to be the next face of the UFC women's division when Rousey bowed out.

Guys gaming side is nuts right now. I'm at the VA just laughing my ass off.

Why? What's going on?

Dysun

CBOAT and a new guy leaked Microsoft's exclusive lineup for the next 2 years. People put on their tinfoil hats that this was all a strategy by Microsoft to catch CBOAT

in laymans terms we found out Halo 5 is 2015, and Halo 2 anniversary/Forza Horizon 2 this year

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
CBOAT and a new guy leaked Microsoft's exclusive lineup for the next 2 years. People put on their tinfoil hats that this was all a strategy by Microsoft to catch CBOAT

in laymans terms we found out Halo 5 is 2015, and Halo 2 anniversary/Forza Horizon 2 this year

Can't find the thread, was it locked?

edit: nevermind, found it.

I miss Brock in UFC. Loved his fights and watching him bull rush. I really wonder how he would have fared vs JDS. Brock was a different beast than Cain with the TD, carrying much more weight and would be much harder to stuff his TDD IMO.

Top Bottom