• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
tumblr_n0atmwEY5X1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

Vio-Lence

Banned
Why not. I already hate life.

as if this winter hasn't already been awful, it's been snowing pretty much nonstop since last night at 10 or 11 pm. woke up look out the window and ya more shoveling. this winter has been the worst i've experienced in 32 years on this rock.

as if this winter hasn't already been awful, it's been snowing pretty much nonstop since last night at 10 or 11 pm. woke up look out the window and ya more shoveling. this winter has been the worst i've experienced in 32 years on this rock.

This winter has been down right depressing. Shoveling show aside i usually love this time of the year. This winter has just sucked the life out of everything.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Yeah, fuck this shit. Parked my car for the weekend and I'm not moving at all. Tired of driving through this stuff.

On the positive side, this is actually a decent weekend to sit on my ass with 169 today and the Superb Owl tomorrow. Plus I have Tomb Raider Definitive to play.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

It's been 25c/77f in Taipei all week.

Vio-Lence

Banned
just rewatched the fight of the year 2013 this morning.

Dana needs to unload the coffers and make CM Punk Brock II happen in the octagon. By Gawd. 1.5m ppvs guarandamnteed.

The Kaufman/Eye decision from UFC 166 in October was thankfully just overturned and ruled a No Decision. Kaufman was totally robbed in that one.

The reason for the decision being overturned: It was one of the judges first time judging and apparently he didn't know what he was doing. Looks like he may have gotten confused and accidentally scored the round that Kaufman won decisively for Eye.

ShaneB

Wish the weather here today was tomorrow. Nice and snowy and causing bit of a whiteout. Would be perfect for the full day of hockey/Football watching tomorrow.

The Kaufman/Eye decision from UFC 166 in October was thankfully just overturned and ruled a No Decision. Kaufman was totally robbed in that one.

The reason for the decision being overturned: It was one of the judges first time judging and apparently he didn't know what he was doing. Looks like he may have gotten confused and accidentally scored the round that Kaufman won decisively for Eye.

Lol, what a joke (the fact that someone whose only job is to know how to score rounds doesn't know how)

iddqd

Will Gustaffson vs. Manuwa be Fight Pass exclusive? Or will it be on one of the Fox channels?

Yes, ONLY fight pass.
It will be the first thing you will have to pay for (fight pass turns "real" march 1).

Same goes for the Chael Sonnen / Wand TUF season. Fight pass only.

iddqd

And I have complained about it earlier but jesus christ are some fighters bad at selling shit.

They all sit around at the post presser and answer dumb stuff.

Hey Aldo, whats going on next?
- I will have to talk with my team

Hey Reem, why call out Brock? A guy you already beat and a guy who is not
even fighting in the ufc?
- I heard rumors he might come back. END OF REPLY

Why should I give a fuck if they dont give a fuck?

industrian

Yes, ONLY fight pass.
It will be the first thing you will have to pay for (fight pass turns "real" march 1).

Same goes for the Chael Sonnen / Wand TUF season. Fight pass only.

So it will cost me over $620 to watch these legally. Including Fight Pass and the plane ticket to Australia (the closest country to me where Fight Pass is available.)

Brilliant move Dana. Brilliant. I'm sure that the 13 hours it takes to fly from Taipei to Perth is just as much planning that was put into this pathetic subscription plan.

Guru-Guru

Banned
So it will cost me over $620 to watch these legally. Including Fight Pass and the plane ticket to Australia (the closest country to me where Fight Pass is available.)

Brilliant move Dana. Brilliant. I'm sure that the 13 hours it takes to fly from Taipei to Perth is just as much planning that was put into this pathetic subscription plan.
Does the UFC have any plans to release Fight Pass anytime soon in Asia? I'm in Japan here..

industrian

Does the UFC have any plans to release Fight Pass anytime soon in Asia? I'm in Japan here..

English-speaking countries only right now. No plans for anything outside of the standard "rolled out in additional markets throughout 2014" spiel.

http://www.ufc.com/fightpass-faq

I've also just noticed that the United Kingdom doesn't appear to be on the list of Fight Pass countries. Unless this is because of a deal with BT Sports, this makes the Gustaffson/Manuwa event look even more hilarious.

industrian

It will be even more fun when it ends up Weidman vs. Chael due to injuries and lack of TRT exemptions.

Vio-Lence

Banned
when Dana told the press that Brock Lesnar is under contract with the WWE and will not be coming back to the UFC in the immediate future. Alistair Overeem proceeded to call out Gary Goodridge and Grim Rodgers.

when Dana told the press that Brock Lesnar is under contract with the WWE and will not be coming back to the UFC in the immediate future. Alistair Overeem proceeded to call out Gary Goodridge and Grim Rodgers.

Rogers can punch, no way would reem call him out. I would love to see either hunto or big country level him with an overhead right.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Let's have a pound for pound debate, we haven't had one of those in years it feels like.

Aldo is the number #1 p4p fighter in the sport. If he and Bones were the same size, he would kick Bones' chicken legs into the fifth row.

Jones is the p4p best. Just look at the Gustaffsson fight. Gus is the only person that ever came close to damaging Jones and everyone was willing to hand him the strap for it, confusing it for victory. Nobody has ever even put Jones in trouble let alone beat him yet. Hell, Jones has hardly ever been taken down.

I'd probably put Barao as a close #2

Mighty Mouse and Aldo tied for #3

Top Bottom