• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Too true. Pretty sure White hates his fighting style and, like Fitch, Henderson can keep winning all he wants but he won't get another shot. And as soon as he loses that'll be reason enough to not give him another shot anyway. Which I'm fine with. It'll at least keep all those Henderson robberies contained to non title fights.

If you don't get that White "hates" everyone at one time or another, then you're not paying attention. He just ranted about Aldo, when Aldo just TKO'd Korean Zombie one fight ago. The only thing Dana likes is anything that makes him more money. He doesn't dislike Bendo's fighting style. He dislikes that Bendo isn't a bigger draw. Chael's more of a grinder than Bendo has ever been but as long as his mouth puts butts in the seat, Dana loves him.

Bendo will get a shot again once he inevitably beats everyone else in the division (assuming Aldo doesn't end up moving up for good). Pettis gets injured way too easily and a Champ that doesn't draw is still better than a Champ that doesn't fight. So unless Pettis figures out what the hell he's doing wrong in the gym that's kept him to roughly half the amount of fights that Bendo's had since they both joined the UFC, I'd fully expect an Interim title needing to be created eventually. At that point, who's capable of beating Bendo? Aldo if he moves up. Melendez might be able to get a decision. Thomson's career is apparently a question mark at this point. Bendo's handled everyone else rather easily.

TheChits

RUMBLE is back!

Rumble vs Phil Davis @ 172

Really solid card
Champ Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira
Jake Ellenberger vs. Tarec Saffiedine
Phil Davis vs. Anthony Johnson
Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold
Joseph Benavidez vs. Timothy Elliott
Joe Ellenberger vs. Yancy Medeiros
Andre Fili vs. Max Holloway
Bethe Correia vs. Jessamyn Duke

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
RUMBLE is back!

This is a brilliant match really. For all of Phil Davis' credentials as a title contender, he is really best suited for weeding out "would this dude get wrestlefucked by the champ?" duties. I figure that when Gus breaks both his arms and his legs in his fight with Manuwa, they'll pair Jimi with the winner of this fight.

That said, this is a great addition to the resurgence of the LHW division. We've got Gus vs. Manuwa on the horizon, DC vs. Rashad, and now this. Jones suddenly has a good selection of contenders to face after he jabs Glover to death en-route to a fourth round submission.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
"Wrestling, doing jiu-jitsu for the sake of doing jiu-jitsu? It's great. Especially with the gi on. It's fun, I enjoy it, I think it's great. It's great exercise. Everything. But when it comes to being in a fight, I've just never... na, no thank you, man. I want to stand there, I want to hit each other, and let's just see who's got the biggest nuts in the ring. That's what I wanted."
-Pat Barry

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Barry is going to get folded like a cheap deckchair in Glory.

Should be spectacular to watch though.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
What confuses me about Mr Wonderful is that he's done a great job teaching Gus how to wrestle...yet seemingly failed to absorb any of Gus' boxing.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Yaco can you believe all the Manning apologist in the OT?

i haven't followed the post super bowl fallout. i'm not a big fan of manning, but i don't think he's to blame for that loss. NFL is the definitive team sport. 53 brehs are on that roster. quarterbacks get way too much credit for the wins and way too much blame for the losses. seattle would have beaten anybody on sunday.

ppl like that dumb hillbilly.

TheChits

What confuses me about Mr Wonderful is that he's done a great job teaching Gus how to wrestle...yet seemingly failed to absorb any of Gus' boxing.

It is a bit strange given how athletic he clearly is. You would figure he could pick up on it pretty fast, but he hasn't shown much thus far. Still lots of time to improve though

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
This is way too accurate to be funny.

He even 30-27'd my attempt at humor.

It is a bit strange given how athletic he clearly is. You would figure he could pick up on it pretty fast, but he hasn't shown much thus far. Still lots of time to improve though

He looks really awkward when he throws punches. Some people just don't have it. I still think he'll smother Humble.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But what am I supposed to do? Not buy Metal Gear? Where would I get my fill of badly written cut scenes directed by somebody who doesn't understand direction or editing?

entire seasons of LOST are available for less than $40 and have a longer viewing time

Man I loved Lost...until I realized the truth

Chamber people buy COD for $60 and never even play online. I'm buying new Metal Gear because Metal Gear. I'm a whore with no self control.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Chamber people buy COD for $60 and never even play online. I'm buying new Metal Gear because Metal Gear. I'm a whore with no self control.

As long as you know you're being a fanboy. Hell, if Capcom announced DMC5 tomorrow for a price of $100 and it only came with Bloody Palace mode and 1 weapon to use, I'd pre-order the collector's edition.

As long as you know you're being a fanboy. Hell, if Capcom announced DMC5 tomorrow for a price of $100 and it only came with Bloody Palace mode and 1 weapon to use, I'd pre-order the collector's edition.

I would be there day one for a real next-gen DMC at $100 dollars.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Same here breh. Besides with the cutscenes its going to be at least double 4 hours.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Same here breh. Besides with the cutscenes its going to be at least double 4 hours.

man supposedly it's 4 hours WITH the cutscenes and extra modes being done. still though. if you love it you love it. dive in balls deep.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah, it's probably 3 hours and change with cutscenes which is actually longer than I expected. The game takes place in one area and it's a stealth game. There isn't much you can possibly be doing to take up so much time.

RUMBLE is back!

1349258565692.gif

Whats with the MGS apologizing? What happened? And why is the PS4 version of MGS5 worth 40 euros at amazon? What the hells going on?

Dysun

Too bad Redbox doesn't carry PS4 games yet, or I'd play Ground Zeroes in an evening with that.

Not going to pay $30 for the digital version, might as well wait for the boxed version to plummet in the used market.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Also, on actual MMA news, Rumble Johnson was signed by the UFC just days after I suggested they force Linketer to fight him at heavyweight. Coincidence? Or maybe I'm just secretly leaking information in odd ways that look like I'm mocking the UFC and its fighters. Move over cboat.

Top Bottom