• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Lavar Johnson's signed up with Bellator.

With him and Kongo, their HW division has risen from "crap" to "mediocre."

VoxPop

Bully Maynard and some dude on tuf had a draw due to double ko. Rob Emerson I think.

For some reason I thought Gray won that. I remember Emerson tapping due to pain right after the slam and Gray getting the nod before they realized he was out.

Joe Warren joined Team Jackson lol. Take that all you Fight Master guys that 'chose' to be on Warren's team.

Also, Warren off of tomorrow's Bellator card due to ... medical paper's not being in order?

For some reason I thought Gray won that. I remember Emerson tapping due to pain right after the slam and Gray getting the nod before they realized he was out.

They thought Gray said to himself 'Hooo! That was a tough one! Time for a nap. Zzzzz"

Heel

I mean, should we really be flipping our lids over a fight that will (I hope) find itself in the prelims of a 'stacked' 20th anniversary card, when that's where it belongs in the first place? It's as if expectations have been lowered to the point that we're surprised that Cowboy vs. Dunam is not the co-main. It's a shade over middling, and that's where it should both be placed on the card and received. They've earned midcard status.

UFC 167 is shaping up to be what should be expected of a pay-per-view. Every pay-per-view.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I won't dispute any of that Heel but bottomline is that it's poised to be an entertaining fight and the more of those, the better.

I mean, should we really be flipping our lids over a fight that will (I hope) find itself in the prelims of a 'stacked' 20th anniversary card, when that's where it belongs in the first place? It's as if expectations have been lowered to the point that we're surprised that Cowboy vs. Dunam is not the co-main. It's a shade over middling, and that's where it should both be placed on the card and received. They've earned midcard status.

UFC 167 is shaping up to be what should be expected of a pay-per-view. Every pay-per-view.
I never looked at 167 as a stacked card myself, and I personally put much more stock in style matchups than I do name recognition.

But they have added a couple matches to that card that make it much better than your usual shitty top heavy GSP PPV.

ShaneB

#TeamPositive is just happy recognizing all the names on the main card.

#TeamNegative looks at a card with names they don't recognize and says "who the fuck are these guys?". Then they look at a card with names they recognize and say they all suck.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
#TeamNegative looks at a card with names they don't recognize and says "who the fuck are these guys?". Then they look at a card with names they recognize and say they all suck.

#Team Negative, spreading truth since 2013.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Georges St. Pierre (c) vs. Johny Hendricks (High probability of boring decision)
Rashad Evans vs Chael Sonnen (High probability of boring decision)
Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler (Medium probability of boring decision)
Frank Mir vs Alistair Overeem (High probability of a bad fight with a KO finish)
Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley (High probability of boring decision)
Donald Cerrone vs. Evan Dunham (High probability of a good fight with a KO finish)

No, #TeamNegative looks at a card with names they DO recognize and says "who the fuck are these guys?"

ShaneB

tumblr_mh1p4zHLZY1s0o92ao1_500.gif

Vio-Lence

Banned
#teampositive is like a battered housewife living with an abusive alcoholic husband. at least you bastards don't pay for this shit.

Cerrone vs Dunham is an awesome match up.

And what kind of sense does it make that team positive is positive because they get to see everything for free? It makes sense that team negative is negative because they see everything for free. They get inundated with tons of content without earning it so they get to be flippant about everything. Think of a person that goes to see movies three or four times a year compared to some kid that torrents everything.

Team positive is positive because they still love the sport, they think the fighters today are better than ever (and aren't salty about losing their Pride heroes and/or seeing their Pride heroes being exposed by the new breed), and appreciate the skill, punishment, and effort that these people go through.

Honestly though I mostly think team positive is people being genuine and team negative is people trying to get a rise out of people or be funny .. which we're all guilty of in here from time to time.

Trying to explain to a stupid old Republican that something that is proven by science isn't an opinion but a fact is headache inducing.

Bellator today, y'all.

Middleweight Alexander Shlemenko (c) vs. Brett Cooper
Middleweight Justin Torrey vs. Brennan Ward
Middleweight Jeremy Kimball vs. Perry Filkins
Middleweight Mikkel Parlo vs. Brian Rogers
Middleweight Jason Butcher vs. Giva Santana
Lightweight Derek Anderson vs. Patricky Freire

Preliminary Card (Spike.com)

Light Heavyweight Mike Mucitelli vs. Jeff Nader
Lightweight Andrew Calandrelli vs. Ryan Quinn
Featherweight Matt Bessette vs. Nick Piedmont
Featherweight Glenn Allaire vs. Rico DiSciullo
Heavyweight Josh Diekmann vs. Parker Porter

"K-1 World GP 2013 Champion CroCop is expected to go in a rematch with Alexander Emelianenko in October or November in Russia [56] and then he is expected to fight Satoshi Ishii in Japan on December 31, 2013.[57]"

I have literally no idea what to say about this.
Fixed that up for you a bit.

Heel

Hendricks' camp: Reps for UFC champ St-Pierre refused NSAC-approved WADA testing

There's a bit more to it than that in the article, but I found this pretty interesting:

Kizer, however, also was concerned when St-Pierre's reps asked questions about the list of substances the WADA program tests for, in addition to when the drug tests would be conducted and who would conduct them.

"They were asking, 'Well, what do you test for?' My answer is always the same: We test for prohibited substances as listed on the WADA list," Kizer said. "(They said), 'Well, what does that mean? Does that mean HGH, does that mean this, does that mean that?' Yes, it means it all. The answer then should have been, 'OK.'"

After more discussion, St-Pierre's rep, whom Kizer identified as the fighter's lawyer, Rodolphe Beaulieu, stood firm on using VADA.

"OK, fine, use VADA," Kizer said of his response. "That's not the question. The question is do you want to do outside testing through the athletic commission? And basically, they said we want to know all the tests you do so Georges' medical advisors can vet the test first before we decide.

"I said, 'I will take that as a no. We will let you know if we're going to do any testing on our own. Goodbye.'"

Kizer said Beaulieu then tried to backtrack by saying St-Pierre wasn't opposed to the WADA program.

"The guy actually had the gall – this Rodolphe guy – (to say), 'Well, no, that's not what we meant. We're happy to do it once we get this additional information, but I'm going to be done for the next seven days, and I'm unavailable via cell phone or email.' It's like, whatever dude. It was so ridiculous. But I don't hold any of that against Georges St-Pierre. As far as I know, he doesn't even know about these things."

Beaulieu couldn't be reached for comment. When asked whether St-Pierre turned down the WADA program, his longtime trainer, Firas Zahabi, wrote via text, "Sorry, I'm not up to date on the details."

I don't always agree with Kizer but I like his stance on not being jerked around with the smear campaign shit that fighters camps have been using more and more lately. That shit is disgusting to me. In a perfect world the Commisisons would use the most advanced and impartial tests, foot the bill, and keep the details of what the test is, how the tests work, and when the tests will be conducted completely secret. That probably won't ever happen so the least that should be done is the Camps agree on the tests and shut the hell up with accusations unless a test comes back positive.

dream

I'm amazed by the smarminess of it all. Find the sketchy agency that doesn't test for the drug your guy is on, then spin it as the other fighter declining advanced drug testing when his camp refuses to allow Telligman & Associates to handle the testing. Wow.

I'm amazed by the smarminess of it all. Find the sketchy agency that doesn't test for the drug your guy is on, then spin it as the other fighter declining advanced drug testing when his camp refuses to allow Victor Conte & Associates to handle the testing. Wow.
Fixed.

The truth is funnier.

muddream

Banned
It's amazing how GSP manages to keep up the nice guy persona when every single person he seems to associate with is a piece of shit.

Top Bottom