• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
My first day of my new job today. Surprisingly little "unemployment rust" felt, which I put down to the fact that their "roadmap" for my first three months is going to be challenging (single-handedly developing a mobile corporate website, devising Q4/Q1 marketing campaigns, etc) unlike my previous job where I'd literally fall asleep from inactivity.

That and I greatly appreciate the company Ivy Bridge MacBook Pro.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
13" Classic. Good enough for me and the workload.

I'd still be in the market for a potential Haswell RMBP for personal use though.

Ogle sure dodged a bullet. He was supposed to fight Conor McGregor, pulls out with an injury, and is now facing Cole Miller.

Unrelated: Brazil (the movie) was amazing. Great story, great underlying themes that are as relevant today as they were 20 years ago, and phenomenal visuals. So many scenes were like paintings imo.

VoxPop

Retina or classic?

The 15" Retina has a damn fine GPU in it for gaming.

The GPU in the 15" retina blows for gaming. I use one for work and I can barely run Dota 2 on it. Not to mention a lot of the speed gets bogged down due to the resolution. While I would recommend the classic, it's better off just waiting for the MBPr refresh which should come sooner than later.

The GPU in the 15" retina blows for gaming. I use one for work and I can barely run Dota 2 on it. Not to mention a lot of the speed gets bogged down due to the resolution. While I would recommend the classic, it's better off just waiting for the MBPr refresh which should come sooner than later.
I just played DOTA2 on mine last night.. Ran just fine at 720p. Yeah it's not going to match a bloated Aienware gaming laptop with a fucking 780MX, but it's usable.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Still rocking the Mid 2010 Macbook. Whenever the 13" retina gets a decent gpu, I'll upgrade. Hopefully it's pretty soon.

NSAC changes its testing procedures for marijuana metabolites. The long and short of it is that if you smoked days or weeks before your fight you're fine. If you basically smoked the day of or a day before, you're still gonna get popped. Healy, Riddle, Diaz, Herman, et al would've passed under the new ruling.

K-1 MAX Final 16 just went from $19.99 to free this weekend lol

If you want to watch, might want to reserve a "ticket" just in case. Buakaw, Zambo etc. in action.

http://www.epicentre.tv/eventdetail/tabid/111/id/54/Default.aspx

Sweet. Only got to see Buakaw fight live once before.

muddream

Banned
I can't see any other reason to bring up how offended you were at Ace Ventura 20 years after the fact.

When exactly did this transgender internet awareness craze start? The suddenness of it makes me think illuminati psyop? water+stevia+energy/blending=pure H2O&split H2O=cold fission?!ergfwerfqwerfqwre

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
When exactly did this transgender internet awareness craze start? The suddenness of it makes me think illuminati psyop? water+stevia+energy/blending=pure H2O&split H2O=cold fission?!ergfwerfqwerfqwre

December 16, 2009 at precisely 4:00am?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
13 Slam victories for the heroic Rafael Nadal, brehs. Always love to see Joker get broken down like that.

#Athleticism

Vio-Lence

Banned
13 Slam victories for the heroic Rafael Nadal, brehs. Always love to see Joker get broken down like that.

#Athleticism
I disagree frenemy. I can't stand nadal . dude is the ultimate pusher. I think in the third set they posted a stat, djoker 15 winners, nadal 2. Fuck his steroid grinding game.

Go team #17grandslams Serena and Rodger :)

MjFrancis

Overeem: "I am telling you this, if I lose to Frank Mir, I better start doing something else"
Well, at least Overeem is aware of the situation he's in right now.

Hindsight being 20/20, they really should have put him up against gatekeepers like Struve and Kongo when they had their chance. Of course, he would still clown and gas early on, so we probably would have seen the same results then or when he started facing real contenders again.

That will change as soon as he faces Cain/JDS/DC
I wouldn't count on him to beat Barnett/Hunt either

Cain/JDS/DC are the best in the division though. I need to see Barnett do more than beat Mir before I can comment. With Hunt, could go either way but I'm leaning towards Browne since Hunt's spirit seemed crushed after his performance against JDS. We'll see how it does in this next fight though. Hope he still has the Budo.

Browne has one loss (abeit to Silva) in a startlingly shallow division. I'd put him one notch above Gatekeeper at the moment.

That's a good way to put it. Honestly, other than JDS and Cain, there's hardly anyone in the HW division that couldn't be labeled as a gatekeeper. They're fun as hell to watch but its hard to be on Team Positive when talking about that division. Case in point: I was ecstatic just to see Krylov attempt to work off his back in an offensive manner. Other than Struve, I can't think of another HW I've seen do that recently.

Barnett & Werdum are the only hope of the HW division now and the very last chance a former PRIDE fighter can hold another title in the UFC, unless Vitor continues his dominance

Mayhem arrested again ...

Following a Monday night arrest and release in Orange County, Calif., for alleged violation of a "stay away" order, Miller appeared in the Superior Court of California's Newport Beach courtroom Tuesday morning.

There, he was booked on a contempt of court charge and remanded to a local jail after entering a not guilty plea.

Barnett & Werdum are the only hope of the HW division now and the very last chance a former PRIDE fighter can hold another title in the UFC, unless Vitor continues his dominance

... from Brazil

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I disagree frenemy. I can't stand nadal . dude is the ultimate pusher. I think in the third set they posted a stat, djoker 15 winners, nadal 2. Fuck his steroid grinding game.

Go team #17grandslams Serena and Rodger :)

I agree completely!

Top Bottom