• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

What she look like now? Did she get worse after her Playboy shoot?

GlEoXc8.png

ShaneB

Yeah, no way am I getting up at 3-4 AM to watch the full card. That'll just put me back to sleep. Nowadays, unless I'm somehow somewhat interested, I'll just check the thread to see if it any fights sound interesting. Otherwise I can't be bothered.

It'll be easier for me to keep up now since without Football consuming my Sundays, I'll be able to watch more frequently on Sunday mornings and just skim through things if I don't watch them live.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
In case any of you brehs aint already watching it, you should check out True Detective on HBO. Highly recommended viewing.

Seconded! Haven't seen the latest ep, but I really liked the first three eps. Slow burn, but great. McConaughey steals the show.

Dysun

Like Chamber, my MMA watching is basically down to mains, co-mains, and that's about it really. And at least you guys get to watch it on tv in HD, I gotta watch a shitty flash stream on my phone since work doesn't carry ppv cards anymore.

I just watch names that I recognize. If someone is good enough they will bubble up to the top anyway

Watching TUF Jobber #123 vs Brazilian Favela Hoodlum #2320 wears out after awhile

Heel

The reality is that watching Bob Costas slowly succumb to a highly-evolved strain of Russian pink eye on national television is more interesting than mixed martials.

ShaneB

See, this is why I'm in favor of #TeamNegative changing our name to #TeamReality.

#TeamPositive accepts the "who are these guys?!", but if the fight ends quickly with a brutal KO, what does it matter what their names are?

Seriously, it's heavyweights, what else are you expecting???

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Cormier is better than Rashad in every single way, the fight goes however he decides it. Hopefully he decides to put Bones on notice and deliver a new stanky leg but I don't expect it.

Doug I hespect the appetite for pure violence but this is a billion dollar company, the de facto monopoly in the sport, charging the same amount for ppvs, sometimes more. I get awesome games every week in every big league sport I follow yet here its unusual for big fights to deliver without something going wrong. But then again, this is that wrestling stuff still and it's got a long way to go to be a true big league sport.

ShaneB

Doug I hespect the appetite for pure violence but this is a billion dollar company, the de facto monopoly in the sport, charging the same amount for ppvs, sometimes more. I get awesome games every week in every big league sport I follow yet here its unusual for big fights to deliver without something going wrong. But then again, this is that wrestling stuff still and it's got a long way to go to be a true big league sport.

Fair enough, and I get behind those points, I guess I'm just a bit more lenient, especially for heavyweights. The UFC often claims to be the best of the best, etc etc, but it's also hard to have any sort of development system when the general fanbase cares about nobody but those big name guys, that are getting rarer and rarer. So I don't care what the names are generally, if guys want to prove they belong, they'll hopefully put on a good show.

Etc etc etc.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Fair enough, and I get behind those points, I guess I'm just a bit more lenient, especially for heavyweights. The UFC often claims to be the best of the best, etc etc, but it's also hard to have any sort of development system when the general fanbase cares about nobody but those big name guys, that are getting rarer and rarer. So I don't care what the names are generally, if guys want to prove they belong, they'll hopefully put on a good show.

Etc etc etc.
It's the UFC's job to develop that system and get fans interested in it. Semi-hardcore fans of teams know their roleplayers and other decent roleplayers throughout the league. The UFC has done such a piss poor job with their version of decent roleplayers that even hardcore fans have no idea who many of them are nowadays.

UFC Machida vs Mousasi |OT| Winning Til You Lose
UFC Machida vs Mousasi |OT| Last fight, Ilir Latifi; Next fight, title shot

And in spirit of Valentine's Day - UFC Machida vs Mousasi |OT| You Choo Choo Choose Pee?

Top Bottom