• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

UFC Machida vs Mousasi |OT| Winning Til You Lose
UFC Machida vs Mousasi |OT| Last fight, Ilir Latifi; Next fight, title shot

And in spirit of Valentine's Day - UFC Machida vs Mousasi |OT| You Choo Choo Choose Pee?
bm20Q5j.jpg

VoxPop

KO of the Night and Sub of the Night both being replaced with Performance of the Night bonuses effective immediately. Anyone else afraid this is gonna turn every fight into sloppy garbage like Shogun Hendo or Wand Stann?

KO of the Night and Sub of the Night both being replaced with Performance of the Night bonuses effective immediately. Anyone else afraid this is gonna turn every fight into sloppy garbage like Shogun Hendo or Wand Stann?

I'm really confused as to what 'performance' means because they're still gonna have a Fight of the Night. I'm guessing they're doing this for the future lawsuits when the plaintiff's lawyer can't say "Look! They reward these guys an additional $50k to the best perpetrator of knocking/choking a person unconscious!" Maybe they'll still just reward the best KOs/Subs but wont specifically say it?

Are they going to give out just one?

VoxPop

2 Performance and 1 FOTN if I'm reading correctly

Same $50K bonus

a little more diversity

card can have two submission, ko, or decision performance bonuses. not necessarily just 1 ko and 1 sub

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That seems stupid, but I guess they're trying to find incentive to get fighters to stop performing so meekly.

dream

poly insisting that Gegard vs Lyoto is a "good main event" is the most fucked up thing I've seen since he swore that "Cung Le" vs. "Patrick Cote" would be "fuckawesome." Or the time he thought that JDS can would beat Cain.

Fatso pressing these guys "to perform" eventually brings out the worst of them.

FACE

Banned
poly insisting that Gegard vs Lyoto is a "good main event" is the most fucked up thing I've seen since he swore that "Cung Le" vs. "Patrick Cote" would be "fuckawesome." Or the time he thought that JDS can would beat Cain.

Nah, it's the most fucked up thing since he failed to honour the terms of your bet.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

No. Seeing how those two fights were better than 90 percent of anything that took place last year.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Django Unchained was on HBO over here. Really enjoyed watching that movie. Amazing performances from everyone, especially Leonardo DiCaprio and Laurence Fishburne.

If the Machida cycle were to continue, he will need a boring decision since his last fight resulted in an epic KO and everyone is high on him. After he UD's Mousasi than everyone will hate him again until he viciously KO's Weidman or Belfort.

If the Machida cycle were to continue, he will need a boring decision since his last fight resulted in an epic KO and everyone is high on him. After he UD's Mousasi than everyone will hate him again until he viciously KO's Weidman or Belfort.

Ultra Vitor would probably fuck Machida corpse inside the cage. one is on pee, the other is on stuff that can open portals to different dimensions.

"I fought Dan Henderson in 2009 and I lost and that was at UFC 100 – UFC 100 was the biggest pay-per-view the company's ever done. 1.6 million pay-per-view buys, watched all over the world, and of course I get knocked out cold after talking lots of smack leading up to the fight. So I got my just desserts in that one,"

This is why I can't hate him.

Sounds like Gilbert Melendez will be fighting in A bellator cage near you.

@arielhelwani: Gilbert Melendez's contract negotiation with the UFC is not going well. Dana White told, "I'm done. I couldn't care less anymore. …"

@arielhelwani: More from White: "If Melendez wants to fight in the UFC, he should talk to Lorenzo quick." & "He better start looking elsewhere."

Also overeem ducking JDS

@arielhelwani: "He wants nothing to do with dos Santos. He's literally hiding from him," White said. AO is in Jamaica and didn't respond when contacted.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Reem is on vacation and his contract expired with the Murr fight. Of course, Dana will go out of his way to make any fighter look bad.

Not that Reem couldn't be ducking the fight but I'm at a point with Dana that if he told me the sky was blue, I would automatically call bullshit.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like Gilbert Melendez will be fighting in A bellator cage near you.

Also overeem ducking JDS
I think Dana might be getting worse at his job. Melendez and GSP having the same manager is pretty funny.
Reem is on vacation and his contract expired with the Murr fight. Of course, Dana will go out of his way to make any fighter look bad.

Not that Reem couldn't be ducking the fight but I'm at a point with Dana that if he told me the sky was blue, I would automatically call bullshit.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Overeem wanted an easier opponent before fighting JDS but "literally" hiding from him? What, did Junior crash the Blackzilians gym only to find out that Overeem had been tipped off and had fled to Jamaica?

Is Alistair's contract actually up? I thought that was a rumour, but it would explain Dana's comments. Was hilarious when he spent weeks hinting at Brock's return then when Overeem brought it up Dana acted like it was a ludicrous idea and he had no idea where it came from. Then rubbished Overeem's performance and Alistair said he liked his honesty. Something's a bit off when the fighters are the ones being diplomatic while the promoter talks trash.

Dysun

ufc 170 is so bad right now, wow

lol at overeem ducking jds, melendez playing hard to get, and dana being dana on both of them

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently they might move it to April. Gives DC extra time to diet down I guess.

So, what's Rousey/McMann gonna draw by itself?

This sport is in dire straits.

I must admit friend, I'm slowly getting pulled more and more towards Team Negative every day. PPVs anchored by one or two fights, Dana putting fighters on blast at a drop of a hat, getting sold wolf tickets all the time, TRT, Fight Pass, etc.

Did you talk to the UFC?
Yeah, they said it's going to be hard to get someone on such short notice. I'm hoping I can get someone to fight. There's somebody out there that wants to step up to take a fight at this moment. I saw on Twitter that Chael wants to fight. Ok, let Chael fight. Anthony Johnson fought a couple of weeks ago, he's still in shape. Let him fight. Or if there's a heavyweight. I'll fight at heavyweight. There's somebody out there.

[/img]

Bah god that's CM punks music!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
What a terrible loss, we don't get to see Rashad Evans vs Daniel Cormier. That was sure to be on everybody's fight of the year short list, too.

edit: Oh, god, I actually thought the Fight Night was the PPV. I'd just combined the two events into one in my mind. Sort of like how the UFC should have done in reality.

Chael Sonnen says he'll fight Cormier. He's flying back to Vegas that weekend for TUF Brazil media obligations and he's always in fighting shape anyway.

Friends - Jon Koppenhaver aka War Machine is on the new episode of the Rogan podcast. Dis gon be good. Maybe he'll talk about how he feels Thiago Silva is the victim and a man isn't allowed to be alpha in this country anymore. (that's a real statement btw)

Top Bottom