• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
why is chrome giving me a malware warning for the first page of this thread?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
that too. i see the warning is related to titocouture from chrome.

so, anything on tonight?

Heel

The page is gone. What happened?

I'm not sure how it started, but Ricky Gervais was Tweeter beefing with Bloodstain Lane. He's since deleted his tweets and has been reduced to subliminally tweeting about him like a teenage girl, as Bloodstain wages a holy war against his atheist followers. Masterful troll.

I'm not sure how it started, but Ricky Gervais was Tweeter beefing with Bloodstain Lane. He's since deleted his tweets and has been reduced to subliminally tweeting about him like a teenage girl, as Bloodstain wages a holy war against his atheist followers. Masterful troll.

Ricky Gervais got into it with Bloodstain and was clowning him..

He deleted the tweet though so I guess Bloodstain won lol
Bloodstain Lane? Really? How would he ever get on Ricky's radar?

Bloodstain Lane? Really? How would he ever get on Ricky's radar?

Ricky just talks shit to people all the time on Twitter. From what I understand Ricky made some tweets about religion like "Whenever I tweet my lack of belief in God, someone always says I should keep it to myself incase it upsets someone who believes differently.", just check his feed. BSL being the religious crusader he is who hates atheists and such, fired something back at him and Ricky bit.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
angry-cat-fuck-this.gif

RBH

This Valentine’s Day, NBCUniversal will either be giving WWE a big kiss or they’ll be breaking up.

The two parties are grappling over continuation of the sport-meets-reality TV programming on NBCUniversal’s USA Network and SyFy Channel.

An exclusive negotiating period ended last week with no deal in sight. We hear the pressure is on for a deal to get done in the next few days.

An industry source told On the Money, “NBCU has until Friday, Feb. 14, to respond to WWE’s final offer.”

It’s not clear where the price tag stands, but reports have suggested the last deal was priced at $140 million, and the WWE had been looking for a leap up that gives it a similar premium accorded to sports rights.

WWE — which announced the launch of its own over-the-top network for wrestling fans at CES — is one of the few things on TV ( besides sports) that fans want to watch live.

The question is, how badly does NBCU want to keep it? And where will it land if the two parties split up?

Next week, something could be very raw, and someone could be writhing in pain on the mat.

Stay tuned.
http://nypost.com/2014/02/08/valentines-breakup-nbcuniversal-and-wwe-may-split-up/

The Stamford, Conn.-based company ideally would like to partner with a conglomerate that owns a variety of channels the way NBCU currently airs many of WWE’s shows. Along with “Raw,” “SmackDown” and “Total Divas,” specials like “Tribute to the Troops” and a shortened version of its annual “WrestleMania” pay-per-view also air on NBC. WWE already has reached out to or held meetings with the expected list of players who own a variety of channels hungry for programming, including A&E, Disney, Viacom, 21st Century Fox and Discovery.

Negotiations and bids can’t take place until Feb. 15, when NBCU accepts or rejects WWE’s final offer; other bids are due Feb. 28, with WWE set to select its media partners by March 4. Should a new deal with another conglom happen, WWE’s shows wouldn’t move to a new network until October.

Fox might prove to be an aggressive player for WWE given the recent launch of Fox Sports 1 and how the ratings rub would be welcome to the new national sports channel.

0vOvS.gif

Heel

Ice shuffleboard?

I'd rather watch Olympic Flappy Bird.

"BAH GAWD THAT AD POPPED UP AND FROZE THE PHONE FOR A SECOND MESSING UP HIS TIMING! DONG YOU SON OF A BITCH"

Don't knock the greatest winter sport of them all, friendo.

Heel the soothsayer proclaimed this day would come many moons ago. WWE and UFC running back-to-back like the good ol' days, saving the mixed martials from a certain dark age. Believe it!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
oh god a WWE Fox deal is a possibility?

you'd think they would want to limit the Fox Sports channels to actual sports.

ESPN wouldn't be where they are today without Mick Foley and the Lightning Kid filling hours with the Global Wrestling Federation in the days before ESPN realized they could broadcast 14 hours of screaming anchors per day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ESPN wouldn't be where they are today without Mick Foley and the Lightning Kid filling hours with the Global Wrestling Federation in the days before ESPN realized they could broadcast 14 hours of screaming anchors per day.

Good memories. Eddie Gilbert was a terror too.

He got banned for that? Wow

And lol at anyone thinking Mousasi will beat Machida. Not gonna happen.

I'm not sure that's what it was, but I don't see anything else in his post history that comes closer than that.

Also, Mousasi was a fucking worldbeater at 185. Only time he ever looked not as good was when he moved to LHW.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Machida's apparently planning to outgrapple him, which I think in itself shows that Mousasi is a threat.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Mousasi is coming off surgeries and 1 year on the sidelines...Not to mention that his last fight was against a guy called latifi something. As much as I dislike Machida, Mousasi is going to lose this staring contest.

Machida is in form, and he seems very light on his feet and quick on the trigger at 185. That said I gotta say Mousasi is probably the toughest opponent for him, next to Weidman, and I think it will be going to a decision.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Machida will win by a dubious 48-47 split and will immediately be dubbed "the one man who can beat Weidman" by his legions of knowledgeable fans worldwide.

Machida will win by a dubious 48-47 split and will immediately be dubbed "the one man who can beat Weidman" by his legions of knowledgeable fans worldwide.

I get the hate he gets, but hate his fans instead of him. Machida is a great fighter, although his style can deliver boring fights.

Top Bottom