• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

UFC 171 prelims are on FOX Sports 2...

is7BHUPgdgkLl.gif

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
No budo fibers prevail once more. I would dead ass cut lombard. Shields could literally do nothing to win that fight short of sneaking a switchblade in his trunks

That Fight Pass is really going to payoff for Henderson/Shogun.

Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)
Featherweight Godofredo Castro vs. Noad Lahat
Light Heavyweight Francimar Barroso vs. Hans Stringer

Any of these guys worth watching? Serious question.

dream

Noad Lahat won an incredible 3 round war against Alex Stevenson in the Tombstone Fighting Championships last year. Hans Stringer sucks though. I saw him get guillotined by Keyano Silva (2-5 record) on some Challenge Fight Championship card.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Code:
Main card (Fox Sports 1)
Light Heavyweight 	Maurício Rua 	vs. 	Dan Henderson 				
Middleweight 	Cezar Ferreira 	vs. 	C.B. Dollaway 				
Lightweight 	Leonardo Santos 	vs. 	Norman Parke 				
Light Heavyweight 	Fabio Maldonado 	vs. 	Gian Villante 				
Lightweight 	Michel Prazeres 	vs. 	Mairbek Taisumov 				
Featherweight 	Rony Jason 	vs. 	Steven Siler 

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)
Featherweight 	Diego Brandao 	vs. 	Will Chope 				
Middleweight 	Ronny Markes 	vs. 	Thiago Santos 				
Flyweight 	Jussier Formiga 	vs. 	Scott Jorgensen 				
Welterweight 	Thiago Perpétuo 	vs. 	Kenny Robertson 

Featherweight 	Godofredo Castro 	vs. 	Noad Lahat 				
Light Heavyweight 	Francimar Barroso 	vs. 	Hans Stringer

I bet Dan makes more for his fight than that entire card combined.

No joke, this is what's gonna happen.... Hendricks gonna want some of Weidman, go up to 185 get destroyed by the all American then Weidman is gonna call out Jones, Jones is gonna say some lame ish about how weidman should fight a top 10 light heavy before getting a shot at him, Dana gonna bypass that and give Weidman Jones, Jones gonna wish he was the guy in 12 years of slave after the fight.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Or they're going to dance around superfights (there is no fighter worthy of a superfight, other than maybe JJ and Cain) until somebody loses and nobody cares any longer.

Main Card will be on Fox Sports 1 though.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Give up on super fights, BJ Penn is the only one with the balls to do it
And it was a bad idea even for him
I have faith that Aldo/Pettis will happen. It might happen in 2016 after Pettis has been stripped of the belt due to inactivity and after an injured Aldo suffers renal failure trying to cut to 145, but it will happen.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think Dana is a bigger obstacle in the way of these super fights than the fighters themselves. Making the fights the fans want to see is just a marketing line.

I think Dana is a bigger obstacle in the way of these super fights than the fighters themselves. Making the fights the fans want to see is just a marketing line.

Well why not suck every dollar his champs could draw out of them smashing cans before making a superfight?

Penn/GSP happened because nobody was there the fans gave a shit about and UFC needed that dollar.

Heel

lol Mr. SP shootin' on the Ultimate on The MMA Hour. Said he brought up drug testing in that meeting with Dana and Lorenzo.

Here's what Dana said back in January:

“Rush” spoke at length about his efforts to clean up performance-enhancing drugs in the sport, listing his disappointment with the UFC’s lack of support on the topic as a primary motivation for his departure from the world’s premier MMA organization.

“It’s one of the reasons why I stopped,” St-Pierre told RDS.ca. “Not really to [teach] them a lesson, because it penalizes me, too. But I wanted to do something for the sport that I love. I see the direction in which it goes, and I think it makes no sense. This is stupid.”

Following Wednesday’s UFC Fight Night 35 event, White fielded questions from the media about the situation. He said he hadn’t spoken to St-Pierre personally but had heard the controversial comments were motivated by something entirely different than the UFC’s drug testing policy.

“What I heard is Georges St-Pierre is upset with some of the things I said at the (UFC 167) press conference,” White said. “He’s upset that I said that he didn’t won the fight, that I thought Johny Hendricks won the fight. But if that’s the case, call me man-to-man, let’s talk on the phone. Let’s sit down face to face.

“I talked to him after the fight face to face. He didn’t say any of that to me. So the whole thing is a little weird.”’

ibn02I8LsmFp4S.gif

Dysun

I love how Greasy St Pierre stands on his soapbox preaching about PED's when he's probably been on them for years. Talk about deflection, maybe he's mad the one time he cycled off before Hendricks he got blasted and wasted his time with VADA

Heel

I love how Greasy St Pierre stands on his soapbox preaching about PED's when he's probably been on them for years. Talk about deflection, maybe he's mad the one time he cycled off before Hendricks he got blasted and wasted his time with VADA

Agree 100%. Technical, smart fighter in and out of the ring. Carefully jabbing, scoring points in the media instead of committing for the knockout blow.

Heel

"The system is not in place. There are no guidelines. The way they test now, it's not good. It's not good the way they test. If you get caught on steroids right now, it's because you're very disorganized. It's so easy to beat the test. It's ridiculous. It's not a real test." - Georges St-Pierre

How would he know that, brehs?

Top Bottom