• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If I had to change my name, I'd change it to Keenan Cornelius.

I like how they spelled Vinny Mag's name wrong.

holy shit, what a KO.

dude was literally standing up unconscious, took like 3 seconds to fall down. even the commentators are laughing their asses off. i need to find a gif of this.

Apparently most of these MMA Media fucktards want Paul Yaris to let go of his leglocks after the very first tap regardless of if the ref sees it so his opponent can claim he never tapped a la Sonnen/Silva 1 and Bustamante/Lindland

Heel

Luis "Get Rekt" Santos sending favela thugs to Mandalay. That sweat look like a Punch Out star punch.

7q19.gif
8kn.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
When do they start talking about the actual game and not just "look at these sweet character models, brehs!"

Two minutes after their "level up your fighter" microtransations, and two minutes before announcing the EA UFC Ultra Fight Pass Edition that gives you yadda yadda DLC and a year's subscription to the Fight Pass - all for the insane value of $199.99.

Apparently most of these MMA Media fucktards want Paul Yaris to let go of his leglocks after the very first tap regardless of if the ref sees it so his opponent can claim he never tapped a la Sonnen/Silva 1 and Bustamante/Lindland

After seeing the GIF I have no idea what they're talking about. Except that without a UFC event it's a slow news day thus the need for a "controversy" or "discussion" about something.

Heel

Metamoris 4 on deck, brehs.

Last night at Metamoris 3, Eddie Bravo and Royler Gracie put on a riveting 20-minute sport jiu-jitsu match that was a rematch of their famous 2003 match at ADCC.

Although the fight ended in a draw, as neither fighter submitted the other in the time-limit, Bravo controlled more of the match with his sweeps and submission attempts.

The fight took place with a live audience and was captured on video and live streamed on the internet, but what took place after the match was something unanticipated.

The Underground spoke to a person who wished to remain anonymous, but was back stage at the event. After exhausting himself for the 20-minute match, Bravo left the stage and proceeded to throw up as his adrenaline dumped. It was then that UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie approached Bravo and began to berate him.

Allegedly, Gracie threatened to kick Bravo's ass because he believed that Bravo disrespected his brother Royler, his family, and his father Helio. Bravo was apparently caught off guard by the attack, and friend and trainer Jean Jacques Machado intervened to keep the situation from escalating.

Bravo later relayed this story to a group of people back stage after the event.

the SK KO i talked about yesterday.

holy shit, how can a human being rendered unconscious be so much fun? look at him, he's out on his feet!!

ibwH0qKiNCBmTb.gif

it's even funnier in slow motion!!! huehuehuehuehue

iDiUOoJKYnSyv.gif

KO of the year so far.

Heel

Royce Gracie confirms altercation with Eddie Bravo

"I wanted to talk to him for years, but never had the chance to meet him," Royce Gracie told MMAFighting.com on Monday. "I met him after the fight and he was there, throwing up. Royler dominated him so much, he did so much strength, that he threw up after the fight."

Royce Gracie said he liked what Bravo said on the mat after the rematch, but wasn’t happy with the comments he made about jiu-jitsu and the Gracie family in the past.

"I told him that I liked what he said after the fight, but didn’t like the fact that he always talked trash about Royler and my family," he said. "He stood up and started yelling, so I also raised the tone of my voice and told him I didn’t like it."

"He said he always gave my family credit, but I know it’s not true," Gracie continued. "He always talks trash about my family. Enough with this s---. He said he never talked bad about my family and he always gave us credit. He kept raising the tone of his voice, and I told him to shut up, so Jean Jacques (Machado) came in, said we didn’t need this and asked (Bravo) to leave."

Royce Gracie hasn’t competed in a grappling match since a controversial loss to Hidehiko Yoshida at PRIDE in 2002, and he won’t consider competing against Eddie Bravo in a future edition of Metamoris. However, he wouldn’t rule out a MMA fight with Bravo.

"Can we slap each other? Can we beat each other?" Gracie replied a laugh when asked if he’d accept to fight Bravo at Metamoris.

"I’m a vale-tudo fighter. I’m not a fighter to score points of fight with time limit. Let’s (fight) with no time limit and with punches allowed. I’m a vale-tudo fighter, I don’t compete in (grappling) tournaments."

inbyWjWH92pTW.gif

Heel

Bros, I need a poem for an editing project that is due tomorrow. Kick down some of your favorites.

In the chilling river of Stary Oskol, a legend wades
Ass smacked by pine branches in a sweltering sauna
The priest smiles

Shadowboxing on cement, mits crackled by time
The children watch and wonder
"Is that Freddy?"

He would've won until he lost

i'm gonna start reviewing MMA and kickboxing only on Legit Shook, no more shoot-style wrestling.

first events up gonna be:

- Glory 14
- Bellator 114
- WSOF 9

Dat Bravo Breakdown.

It's still real to me breh, at least on Eddie's side. He's just a stoner shooting chemtrail videos and saying what's on his mind.

Gracies are always looking for a dollar, though. Hoyce's thirst is real.
Hoyce said he thought Hoyler dominated Edgy..

X-Pac's heat was more believable.

The Gracie family is the Hart family of Brazil.

Top Bottom