• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

No hover hand here ...

ib1vpTSjSwRRo0.JPG

What do you all feel about Dana's dismissal of the notion that Gus at least had a close fight with Bones at the post presser? I can't remember the guy's exact question, but it was about how some thought Gus won the first fight Dana outright said "No way he won. Nuh uh." I'm a big Jones fan and love the hate he gets since he just wins anyway, but you have to admit that it was at least arguable. Dana responded as if the match was a Jones highlight reel.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
What do you all feel about Dana's dismissal of the notion that Gus at least had a close fight with Bones at the post presser? I can't remember the guy's exact question, but it was about how some thought Gus won the first fight Dana outright said "No way he won. Nuh uh." I'm a big Jones fan and love the hate he gets since he just wins anyway, but you have to admit that it was at least arguable. Dana responded as if the match was a Jones highlight reel.
He could be being savvy and doing the groundwork for giving the title-shot to Rumble or Cormier instead of Gus... or he could be being Dana and saying the exact opposite of what he should be if he's trying to hype the fight.

Can't remember how I scored the first fight round by round, but I definitely thought Alex was the better fighter that night.

I was at the fight, wearing a Sweden t-shirt, cheering hard for Gus and I had Jones winning easily, Gus did a lot of damage but Jones won more rounds........

Manhoef vs. Cyborg card canceled due to safety concerns. Brazil...safety concerns?

Wow, a commission that employs a corner man that accidentally glues a fighters eye shut has medical concerns about an event that are so great that they cancel it? I'm guessing Brazilian Ebola .. or dragons.

Heel

Wow, a commission that employs a corner man that accidentally glues a fighters eye shut has medical concerns about an event that are so great that they cancel it? I'm guessing Brazilian Ebola .. or dragons.

In true Brazilian fashion, apparently the event is still happening (unsanctioned?) but Combate is not airing it anymore. Another channel in another region will air it tape-delayed tomorrow. Something like that...still kinda confused.

https://twitter.com/guicruzzz

Guilherme Cruz ‏@guicruzzz 1h
Antonio 'Gringo' Tolentino, Gringo Super Fight promoter, was announced as "the Brazilian Dana White."

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Of course I expect an event named "Gringo Super Fight" to be run with the utmost professionalism and concern for everyone involved.

Lazyslob

Banned
Any mma fighters in socal? Im going to check out Nam Phans gym probably tuesay(live really close to his gym). Anyone know of any other places i should check out? im not looking into become a world champion lol. but im down to get good training at good prices!

Any mma fighters in socal? Im going to check out Nam Phans gym probably tuesay(live really close to his gym). Anyone know of any other places i should check out? im not looking into become a world champion lol. but im down to get good training at good prices!

I recommend PMing Gr1mlock to see if you can get some training sessions in with his fiancee. She lays beat downs and slangs bungalows. May even push ya down a flight of stairs or two.

Lazyslob

Banned
I recommend PMing Gr1mlock to see if you can get some training sessions in with his fiancee. She lays beat downs and slangs bungalows. May even push ya down a flight of stairs or two.

i did! if Gr1mlock has payed any attention to my posting it may be a good or possibly a very very VERY bad thing for me. WELP\

also i called you out and said his fiance would throw me down stairs. you did it to yourself, buddy!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

3749981-5724014001-rk668.jpg

I was not pushed down the stairs, I fell on my own. Bungalows part is true tho.

Where do you live?

Lazyslob

Banned
damn. All the good places are in West LA or SFV. Is there a gracie barra or 10th planet out there?

there is a gracie barra, a new one, which is in fullerton. im not really down to go to something like that. seems its more like... eh rich moms will go there and its not something you will really learn anything. there is another gracie barra around irvine, but i do NOT want to go that far to train. 10th planet is in hollywood. but its expensive as fuck AND far.

edit: maybe the gracie barra arent too bad. anyone have any experience with them? i've always thought them as a mcdonalds chain

there is a 10th planet in buena park... hmm. pretty close.

what does your brother pay? is it a contract? monthly?

just looking at all my options!

He says $127/mo and you can take as many classes as you want, usually up to 4 or 5 a week. I know he typically goes to two evening classes a week. I think he just wrapped up his first 4 months of fundamentals and now takes the advanced class with the head coach over there, Alder. I dunno if pricing varies by location, but that's what he says about Van Nuys.

Dwayne

Guilherme Cruz ‏@guicruzzz 4m
Ok, it's time for more violence. Manhoef vs. Cyborg 2 is up next.

Do they stream this on their website or anything?

edit: it's over already, yay

Yeah. I was surprised when he told me he started taking classes over there. He wasn't even into MMA before he started. He told me he had joined jiu jitsu classes and I was like oh boy, here it comes, which strip mall rat's nest suckered you into paying for classes for their janky martial arts? But I guess his roommate knew his shit and steered him over to 10th Planet. Now he, his roommate, and his roommate's girlfriend all take classes over there. Should really start going there myself.

Top Bottom