• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

So apparently Dana doubled down on Cyborg looking like Wand in a dress and called her an "it" just like Ronda did.

The post-fight presser gon b gud.

Dana handling the questions about this and JBJ handling his ever-evolving phone thief -> IG account hacker -> rogue social media management employee thing will be entertaining.

Next

I'm following Jon's logic to its conclusion so that's kind of the point. He puts so much stock in the decision of the judges in that fight as well as the submission loss to Davis that he thinks Gus is a terrible fighter or something. All I'm doing is putting as much stock in Jon's loss to a retired can.

alright I didn't get that.

Heel

Luke Thomas finally taking part in a Dana scrum? This should be good.

Luke Thomas ‏@SBNLukeThomas 1h
Pretty lengthy scrum: drug testing, ratings, trt, Jones, Hendo-Cormier, Fight Pass, WWE Network, Cyborg-Rousey, etc. Lots coming.

Reading that he jumped on the Cyborg comments, haha. Call that cis scumbag out, Luke!

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-p/2014/4/24/pride-gp-2000-finals

the legendary Pride GP finals of 2000. includes Sakuraba trolling Hoyce for 90 minutes. shit ton of gifs so watch out.

iM1MyZMi5ozOf.gif
iXQaOHEtFtQgE.gif

ibjPVG8X788xTC.gif
ibymcH3qOLtURS.gif

Heel

lol I can't think of a has-been that Schaub hasn't fought or called out publicly. Wouldn't be surprised if he called out Cabbage in his post-fight interview.

lol I can't think of a has-been that Schaub hasn't fought or called out publicly. Wouldn't be surprised if he called out Cabbage in his post-fight interview.
Yeah I think it's safe to say that Ronda wears the pants in that relationship.

Schaub has displayed his bitch-made nature on more than one occasion in his MMA career.

I like how Arlovski is back, though I would have rather seen Sergi in the UFC. AA vs Hunt, AA vs Roy 2, AA vs Overeem, AA vs Mir, AA vs Big Nog are all decent scraps. Would have even liked to have seen AA vs Crocop.

Tim Sylvia is probably crying now that he will never be in the UFC

AA is going to maul Schaub, no doubt about it

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

strobogo

Banned
I asked Lambada in the wrasslin thread about why lariatos/clotheslines aren't used more in MMA. You see guys like Sakuraba do wrestling strikes like dropkicks and Mongolian chops. Is a lariat an illegal strike? As long as you don't hit with the elbow, I can't see why it wouldn't be used more. It's like a wild haymaker, but with a lot more coverage to hit with.

Other wrasslin moves I'd like to see more in MMA: Owen Hart style spinning heel kick, Harley Race style high knee, cross body block, Pele kick, powerslam, vertical suplex, jackhammer, cobra clutch slam. I feel like there are a lot of wrasslin moves that would legitimately transfer to MMA and could be used to much success.

I asked Lambada in the wrasslin thread about why lariatos/clotheslines aren't used more in MMA. You see guys like Sakuraba do wrestling strikes like dropkicks and Mongolian chops. Is a lariat an illegal strike? As long as you don't hit with the elbow, I can't see why it wouldn't be used more. It's like a wild haymaker, but with a lot more coverage to hit with.

Other wrasslin moves I'd like to see more in MMA: Owen Hart style spinning heel kick, Harley Race style high knee, cross body block, Pele kick, powerslam, vertical suplex, jackhammer, cobra clutch slam. I feel like there are a lot of wrasslin moves that would legitimately transfer to MMA and could be used to much success.

i'll give you a Rock Bottom KO:

nd.gif

strobogo

Banned
Pro wrasslin moves are powerful if someone has the strength to pull them off. My dream is for someone to pull off the Play of the Day in an MMA fight. It's up to Chael to pull out a pedigree some time. I don't think that would be illegal unless he turned it into a Tiger Driver 91 or something.

Top Bottom