• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

At first I thought Goldie was wearing a do rag. Between that and the Bruce Lee thing I thought he might be starting to embrace Wu-Tang culture.

Heel

Bellator 120, May 17th

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
Champ Eddie Alvarez vs. Michael Chandler – for lightweight title
Quinton Jackson vs. Muhammed Lawal – light heavyweight tournament final
Tito Ortiz vs. Alexander Shlemenko – non-title fight
Will Brooks vs. Nate Jolly
Michael Page vs. Ricky Rainey

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV, 8 p.m. ET)
Cheick Kongo vs. Eric Smith
Blagoi Ivanov vs. Alexander Volkov – heavyweight tournament final
Marcin Held vs. Patricky Freire – lightweight tournament final
Mike Richman vs. Goiti Yamauchi

ib2akwYDvkuasU.gif

Its pretty cool seeing Sonnen's team embrace him so much, they sense that he genuinely is there and cares about helping them while Wand's team probably loses more and more respect for Wand as the show goes on regardless if his team is winning more fights, dude is more worried about Sonnen than anything else.

I find it funny how Fight Pass doesn't even have every single UFC fight yet. Considering that there is much much less content than WWE. WWE is loading tons of content by the day. Fight Pass would only be worth it if they offered live PPV's or PPV's at a reduced rate, like $10-20.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Wow, they're really doing Cormier v Hendo? What a pointless fight. Hendo shouldn't even be fighting anymore let alone against the future 205 champ. I don't want to see him retired in brutal fashion by Cormier :(

Wow, they're really doing Cormier v Hendo? What a pointless fight. Hendo shouldn't even be fighting anymore let alone against the future 205 champ. I don't want to see him retired in brutal fashion by Cormier :(

Seriously. DC should fight Evans since we all know Hendo is getting grinded on AND hes not on TRT so hes going to look like chit and gassed in the 2nd round. Hendo's chin is gone too as Shogun pretty much KO'd him 3x in that last fight. Chin is cracked and no TRT so cardio will suck.

Hendo should fight Lil Nog or Vera

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
It's always entertaining to see Bronies try to explain themselves. That Brony kidnapper thread, tread lightly friends.

I went skydiving last Thursday for the first time, it was great you should all try it.

I don't know why people say things like Hendos chin is gone and yadadyadadya. Dude gets knocked down plenty of times throughout his career, f'in A, feijao put him on his ass then got anhillated. His fight with Fedor; got rocked then destroyed the last emperor. What happened with Shogun is no different.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
JBJ fully turning heel

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-gustafsson-042314?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:ufconfox
"I went 80-percent," Jones said about the Gustafsson fight. "I'm not making any excuses, Gustafsson did a great job in the fight, but I know I had a lot more in me. I did some of the cardio tests that I normally do and my numbers weren't the same.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...n-arrogance-042214?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:ufconfox
"I think it's funny when people say I need to beat Gustafsson again to prove my greatness," he said. "It's like, what makes Gustafsson great? Because he had a close fight with me? What else has he really done to prove that he's great, you know what I mean? Styles make matchups."

re:his homophobic comments
Speaking publicly about it for the first time, Jones said that the responses came from someone employed by a social media company he's used to increase his online presence, and that the offending party has been fired.
That's 3 different stories...

Dysun

I wonder what the story about his twitter will be next week

you see this guy i hired to tweet, and post selfies took offense to some guy talking shit about my employer and started calling people gay

DKehoe

I find it funny how Fight Pass doesn't even have every single UFC fight yet. Considering that there is much much less content than WWE. WWE is loading tons of content by the day. Fight Pass would only be worth it if they offered live PPV's or PPV's at a reduced rate, like $10-20.

No chance they do that, they are making way more from PPV than they would be by doing what WWE has done.

MjFrancis

Awesome, Barboza. So the only reason that 'lucky' punch got in was because Cerrone throws hard enough hits in the blink of an eye. You just gave that cat more credit, not less. Cerrone won because he's the better fighter.

"He's not a champion at all," he said. "I've won the belt seven times. He got tapped by Phil Davis and lost to me fair and square. This guy gets so much praise. Having a close fight with me was the greatest thing he's ever done. And I think he's like living off of that and feeding off of it and loving it. It's a defeat. It's still a defeat. The guy's driving around on a new motorcycle with a new Rolex like he's the champ. It's like, 'Dude, you lost. You still lost.' You have so much pride for coming close to me. I would be pissed off if I was him."
Yeah but Gustafsson never lost to anyone half as shitty as Matt Hamill.

Wow at TUF.
Edit: Cathal gonna get bopped before the season is over

both of those guys looked sloppy as fuck. Even when they showed the scenes of them training they both looked like amateurs. The Mexican dude looked like he had never practiced boxing before when Frankie was teaching him how to strike.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Awesome, Barboza. So the only reason that 'lucky' punch got in was because Cerrone throws hard enough hits in the blink of an eye. You just gave that cat more credit, not less. Cerrone won because he's the better fighter.

i dunno, i wouldnt go that far. barboza was clearing winning till he lost.

MjFrancis

Ahh the Machida Principle
Lol, and that's why I always hesitate to say that. But.. it's true in so many cases. Benson Henderson was beating Anthony Pettis, too - until he got sub'd just a couple minutes into RD1. Smooth may have been 'winning' but Pettis was clearly the better fighter at the end of the day.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dibiase doing Triangle Chokes in 1989
chokemtqaj.gif

Wonder who was the first to do that move as a submission. Used to be an amateur guard move, right?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I just re watched the Crocop vs Igor fight last night too. That might be Crocops best KO. Looked like Igor died

Vovchanchyn is the OG Heavyweight GOAT. Fighting twenty times a night in some Belarusian gym hall or some shit. KO'ing dudes and hitting them five times before they hit the ground and everything.

But yadda yadda Father Time yadda yadda.

Heel

Before man put a ball through a hoop or hit a rock with a stick, someone put someone else in an arm triangle and people gathered around to watch it. Arm triangles are in our DNA. We get it, and we like it.

cmon now that's just pathetic
I'm following Jon's logic to its conclusion so that's kind of the point. He puts so much stock in the decision of the judges in that fight as well as the submission loss to Davis that he thinks Gus is a terrible fighter or something. All I'm doing is putting as much stock in Jon's loss to a retired can.

Top Bottom