• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

VoxPop

This can actually happen. Im so sad right now!

Only until you see him get the crap beaten out of him by Lawler or Hendricks and realize how you ever thought a guy who lost to Seth Baczynski, Brian Foster, Lytle twice, Almeida, Dong Hyun Kim, Daniel Moraes, Jesse Chilton, Chris Liguori, Mikey Gomez, and Pete Spratt was in the conversation.

Why can't people accept that Robbie Lawler evolved as a fighter?

To me Robbie will always be the guy who couldn't stop Jason Miller from kicking him in the legs.

Heel

I think that MMA fans are often guilty of refusing to believe a fighter can improve their career trajectory.

I'm guilty of that with Matt Brown, many were guilty of it with T.J. Dillashaw.

Whirls are made to be shocked, friends.

I think that MMA fans are often guilty of refusing to believe a fighter can improve their career trajectory.

I'm guilty of that with Matt Brown, many were guilty of it with T.J. Dillashaw.

Whirls are made to be shocked, friends.
Ruthless is gonna unshock one of those whirls.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Lawler vs. Brown is the fight I wanted to see. It's going to be great. Both are comeback kings, and the winner is all-but-guaranteed a title shot.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Don't worry, Aldo is going to to be covered by money soon - all the way to a 50-45 decision loss.

I want to see Lawler vs Condit

MW is most deff the most stacked division now

Vitor
Lyoto
Mousasi
Rockhold
Souza
Anderson
Sonnen
Wand
Cung Le
Weedman

I would love to see Hendo vs Cung Le

VoxPop

Apparently winner of Rory/Woodley has to fight the winner of Lombard/Kim for a title shot.

While we got a guy who's biggest win is Jordan Mein (and also lost to one of the 4 mentioned already) fighting against a guy who just lost his title shot for another one.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lololo

ftVsbne.png

VoxPop

Faber is fighting Bruce Leroy...wow.

Chael/Vitor @ 205 as well. Was it originally 185?

Might just be an error in wiki. I think its still at 185.

I'm more impressed by the fact that Vitor passed all his tests and licensing and is cleared to go despite pulling from the same card saying he needed to cycle off TRT.

Wand pulling out fulfilling Chael's prophecy?

Vitor now fighting Chael at UFC 175 even though he was supposed to have the title shot pre-TRT ban?

They're fighting at 205?

Neither of them on TRT anymore?

Yeesh.
Bellator did 100 000 buys. Pretty damn good I'd say.
If that's not a Meltzer number,

giphy.gif

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
oh man seriously Wandy? did ya get car jacked like Shogan too?

ah well if they cut wand at least we'll get to see Rampage Wand 4 in Bellator amirite?

Dysun

Yeah that Bellator number is sketchy, it was 65k last week now it's 100k.
The ceiling for non Zuffa PPVs has never been 100k, and I doubt that card made it without the main event. If it did, Affliction should be sad since they held way better cards back in the day

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah, I'm not buying that 100k number. Zuffa PPV's would be doing a lot better if Bellator could get 100k from a Rampage headlined show in 2014.

Lol that's what I was thinking too. From perennial contender to fighting a guy who nearly got cut.

He should've just dropped down to 125 and lose to Mighty Mouse.

I believe Bruce Leroy asked for the fight. It might be his last ditch effort to try to get back into Dana and Lorenzo's good favor while at the same time giving Faber his first gatekeeper fight.

Did something happen with Bruce Leroy and Zuffa? Last I've seen him or heard of him was when he beat Pettis.

I was referring to the fact that he was nearly cut. That Pettis fight seemed to me like it was setup to give little Pettis a push but Leroy upset the apple cart. So I'm thinking that going after Faber is his way of trying to prove it wasn't a fluke.

VoxPop

I was referring to the fact that he was nearly cut. That Pettis fight seemed to me like it was setup to give little Pettis a push but Leroy upset the apple cart. So I'm thinking that going after Faber is his way of trying to prove it wasn't a fluke.

Oh lol. Didnt realize cause Leroy was on a 4/5 fight win streak. This kid is going to get beaten into obscurity by Urijah. I expect a -1000'ish opening line.

Top Bottom