• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Next

ya I forgot to include Lawler for ww. For my all time list the only change would be to include Fedor.

Hahhahaah I love this sport so much. The best parts don't even involve fighting (Tito being fired, the UFC Event that Never Was Because of Jon Jones, and now Wanderlei coaching TUF for the second time and never facing either scheduled opponent)

My favorite side distraction is watching over hyped fighters get crushed, like Erick Silva or Something Pettis.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
They didn't send me any press packages after my free PR.
27 years old today, friends. Inching closer to 30.
iF8eLTubnakGx.png
Happy birthday, make it a good one.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Chael/Vitor is @ 205 to determine the 185 #1 contender. Yeah, that makes sense.
Loser is getting a title shot anyway you know this to be true.

Why the hell did Vitor v Machida never happen? Hell I forgot Machida was getting a shot at the Wildman.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Re: Current active faves,

265 - Mark Hunt, Cain Valesquez, Soa Palelei
205 - Alexander Gustaffson, Anthony Johnson, Daniel Cormier, Vitor Belfort
185 - Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva
170 - Robbie Lawler, Carlos Condit, Tyrone Woodley
155 - Anthony Pettis, Diego Sanchez
145 - Chad Mendes, Conor McGregor
135 - T.J. Dillashaw, Renan Barao
125 - John Dodson
W135 - Ronda Rousey

YaGaMi

All time list:

265: Fedor, Big Nog, Mark Hunt
205: Shogun & Wand
185: Henderson (could go 205)
170: Old GSP & Robbie Lawler
155: BJ Penn
145: Jose Aldo
135: Don't care
125: Don't care
135 women: Miesha Tate

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
ONE FC just announced an event for Taipei in July.

I'm not sure if it's a fight event or a press conference though.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Oh man my brother is trolling the fuck out of me. He made one of the best breakfasts I've ever seen and the whole house is smelling like fried andouille. And I can't have a bite because I'll shit my guts out if I do. God damn it do I hate the flu.

VoxPop

News circulating Wand has been released from the UFC. Good riddance.

Wand Rampage IV and Wand Tito 2 in Bellator, I'm in there.

Dillashaw is pulling a Tim Sylvia by wearing the title in public.

Wand is not getting released. Dana confirmed it

There would also be no chance in hell that if Chael beats Vitor he would get a shot. If Vitor wins than he is a shoe in. If Chael wins than he would need 2 or 3 more wins for a title shot. Sonnen is like 1-3 in his last 4 fights

News circulating Wand has been released from the UFC. Good riddance.
Really. He's part of one of, if not the most, hyped non-title fights of all time and he doesn't even attempt to apply for a license? And if what Chael said a month or two ago is true, apparently he never had an intention of doing so yet never told anyone either.

Really. He's part of one of, if not the most, hyped non-title fights of all time and he doesn't even attempt to apply for a license? And if what Chael said a month or two ago is true, apparently he never had an intention of doing so yet never told anyone either.

Wand probably is disgusted by TUFs minor exposure due to fight pass and hoped for a big time cash fight...I think he probably wanted that fight to be a PPV main event.

Its just so weird that Wand would not want to fight one of the safest fighters out there. Even if he lost, he would come out without any damage. This is a guy that fought fucking Mirko Crocop twice and Mark Fucking Hunt...being outweighed by 100lbs.

A fight with Sonnen is like going to Disney Land

Dysun

Its just so weird that Wand would not want to fight one of the safest fighters out there. Even if he lost, he would come out without any damage. This is a guy that fought fucking Mirko Crocop twice and Mark Fucking Hunt...being outweighed by 100lbs.

He knows he'd get Lay and Prayed for 3 rounds and come out looking bad after all the shit talking and tough guy posturing

Also Steroids
http://instagram.com/p/ol7PlcL6y6/

Heel

He got caught off guard by a random drug test and skittered off. Wand is protecting the business, friends. I'm not even mad at that.

VoxPop

Im assuming it had less to do with the idea of getting beat up by Sonnen but more of the fact that he had the entire country of Brazil on his shoulders (while I think Sonnen seemed to come out as much more likeable than this fake as his eyelift Wand that was portrayed). But yeah even so, Anderson already beat Chael, so it wouldnt even have been a load for Wand to carry.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Wand's been on the retirement circuit for a while with Cung Le, Franklin and Stann fights so he might as well just join Ricardo Arona on a beach somewhere.

Either that or WSOF's upcoming event in Japan may interest him in a one-off fight.

Whatever. Wand should just retire now since he already beat Stann in Japan for a nice sendoff. The only other option is Wand vs Tito 2 double retirement.

Top Bottom