• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Norml

Bruce BUFFER?

BohIXziIcAAxAeb.jpg

brentech

Turned on the TV yesterday morning and it was left on HBO by chance, and and RealSports happened to be on. Nice little segment about the Buffer brothers and how they didn't even meet until Michael was middle age or so. Crazy story of how all that went down. Bruce is his agent/manager and then later got his own gig since he didn't want to take boxing from his bro.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I let myself get too down by blowing it with hottest waitress. I'm fighting multiple battles on multiple fronts, can't win 'em all. Interesting turn of events yesterday, I've been asked by hottest doorgirl to go to San Fran this week(end) with her. It would just be the two of us...

I'm scrambling like the Miami Heat blitzing pick and roll defense to get my shifts covered and a day off.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I let myself get too down by blowing it with hottest waitress. I'm fighting multiple battles on multiple fronts, can't win 'em all. Interesting turn of events yesterday, I've been asked by hottest doorgirl to go to San Fran this week(end) with her. It would just be the two of us...

I'm scrambling like the Miami Heat blitzing pick and roll defense to get my shifts covered and a day off.

You dont do this. Youre dead to me.

bone_and_sinew

Brother Grim I am lying, cheating, and stealing to get my work days covered. I'm telling everyone I'm asking that I'm going on a business trip to New Orleans. Hell I almost went with a funeral story. If I told them I was going on a romp in San Fran with a chick everyone there wants to bang but has failed, they'd hate on me!

edit: I just secured cover for Thurs and Sat. Itshappening.gif!

TheChits

Brother Grim I am lying, cheating, and stealing to get my work days covered. I'm telling everyone I'm asking that I'm going on a business trip to New Orleans. Hell I almost went with a funeral story. If I told them I was going on a romp in San Fran with a chick everyone there wants to bang but has failed, they'd hate on me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUHIm-besFw

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

tumblr_n1ujraUTrh1r5j928o1_500.gif

Heel

dream, and anyone with mixed martial taste:

Real Fight Championship, a Japanese-owned Chinese MMA organization has announced the debuts of Gabi Garcia and "Ice Cream" Kron Gracie.

HRbxIkO.jpg

http://mma-in-asia.com/region/japan/gabi-garcia-announces-mma-debut-real-fight-japan-august-17th/
http://mma-in-asia.com/region/japan/real-fight-heads-japan-kron-gracie-make-mma-debut/
http://efight.jp/news-20140526_31663

The main event, participation of giants Klong of Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is determined by the son Rickson Gracie (Brazil). This is the mixed martial arts debut the Klong 25-year-old. Opponent is scheduled to Japanese. Hixson attended the conference introduced "Klong is stronger than me."

In addition, Genki Sudo musicians, writers and have a wide range of activities is currently under martial artist was appointed to the General Producer. Stated aspirations to be "I want to continue to be called up to UFC in North America, and RFC in Asia" said Sudo you attended the conference and is also responsible for matchmaking.

dream

I'm usually pretty good at deciphering Engrish, but I have no idea what Genki Sudo said there. But I look forward to watching Klong's debut.

bone_and_sinew

It's hilarious to see the rearview mirror appear in other sports.

"Indiana were never good, they were cans all along. Who have the Heat actually beaten?"

strobogo

Banned
Hey man, the Pacers ARE good. Just never when they really need to be.

I don't think you count as a real Gracie if your name doesn't start with R. Even if Hixon endorses you. They couldn't have going through every name yet.

Hey man, the Pacers ARE good. Just never when they really need to be.

I don't think you count as a real Gracie if your name doesn't start with R. Even if Hixon endorses you. They couldn't have going through every name yet.
I'm looking forward to the debut of Hampage Gracie.

July 26th Fox show in San Jose has a main event.

Ruthless vs Immortal

HHNNNNNNNGGGG
Considering what Brown had to say about Lawler(and Hendrick's) striking in their match, I can't wait to see how this goes. Good match up. If Brown gets a win here, he has a likely title shot right?

bone_and_sinew

Between the car I just bought and this trip, I'm going to have to start doing champagne rooms myself to replenish my savings lol.

And Matt Brown is going to get recycled, HARD. He's a journeyman gatekeeper, that's his ceiling. Seriously here, his best wins are Mike Pyle and Erick Silver.

VoxPop

The latest UFC on FOX 12 card includes:

Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Brown
Anthony Johnson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Michael Johnson vs. Josh Thomson
Daron Cruickshank vs. Jorge Masvidal
Dennis Bermudez vs. Clay Guida
Noad Lahat vs. Steven Siler
Kyle Kingsbury vs. opponent TBA

I'm guessing Kyle Kingsbury will be the late replacement for Lil Nog?

Solid card so far.

Damn Lawler has already had 2 fights in 2014 with this one being his third. He could definitely sneak in one or two more if the latter are quick finishes for him.

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzWoRRUB6Cc

Main Card (Pay-per-view)
T.J. Dillashaw ($18,000 + $18,000 = $36,000) def. Renan Barao ($74,000)
Daniel Cormier ($85,000 + $85,000 = $170,000) def. Dan Henderson ($100,000)
Robbie Lawler ($100,000 + $100,000 = $200,000) def. Jake Ellenberger ($68,000)
Takeya Mizugaki ($29,000 + $29,000 = $58,000) def. Francisco Rivera ($15,000)
James Krause ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Jamie Varner ($17,000)

Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1)
Michael Chiesa ($20,000 + $20,000 = $40,000) def. Francisco Trinaldo ($12,000)
Tony Ferguson ($20,000 + $20,000 = $40,000) def. Katsunori Kikuno ($10,000)
Chris Holdsworth ($15,000 + $15,000 = $30,000) def. Chico Camus ($12,000)
Mitch Clarke ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Al Iaquinta ($14,000)

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Vinc Pichel ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. Anthony Njokuani ($20,000)
Sam Sicilia ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Aaron Phillips ($8,000)
Li JingLiang ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. David Michaud ($8,000)

Chiesa and Ferguson make more money than GoDilla. Wtf.

Heel

170 is wide open. Not even Mr. SP with two blown knees can change that.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Matt Brown won the title after I've picked against him 8 to 10 times in a row.

Top Bottom