• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Dysun

fucking lol rolles gracie
sabu.png

Rolles_Gracie_vs._Derrick_Mehmen.gif

OK yeah if Thatch says its bad then there's no way I'm watching that shit.. About to watch Attack on Titan 22, this show is fucking great.

ShaneB

OK yeah if Thatch says its bad then there's no way I'm watching that shit.. About to watch Attack on Titan 22, this show is fucking great.

Buddy of mine showed me come clips of this, I couldn't see the appeal. I'd probably like more anime if it was a bit subdued and wasn't always filled with so much yelling.

dream

To show how big the fight was, there were six million Google searches for it where a giant UFC fight may be more than 1 million. By comparison, WrestleMania did about 1 million. In addition, our coverage of the fight was the most viewed story of the month, and this isn't even a boxing site. I know of one MMA site that may have set their all-time record for single day views yesterday, and it sure as hell wasn't for the WSOF show. It appears at the end of the day, there was more interest in this fight among MMA fans than even the biggest UFC shows, which tells you how big of a star Mayweather really is.

Who knew that our sham of a sport was really just a niche novelty in the grand scheme of things?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
To show how big the fight was, there were six million Google searches for it where a giant UFC fight may be more than 1 million. By comparison, WrestleMania did about 1 million. In addition, our coverage of the fight was the most viewed story of the month, and this isn't even a boxing site. I know of one MMA site that may have set their all-time record for single day views yesterday, and it sure as hell wasn't for the WSOF show. It appears at the end of the day, there was more interest in this fight among MMA fans than even the biggest UFC shows, which tells you how big of a star Mayweather really is.

Who knew that our sham of a sport was really just a niche novelty in the grand scheme of things?

irfjJ7ZhymPxM.png
#MoneyTeam

The next time you guys think about calling Ronda Rousey or Jon Jones a draw, please remember this little blurb.

A sport that has been popular since the '20s garners more interest from the general populous than a sport that for all intents and purposes has been around for 10 years? Hmm. Go figure.

Top Bottom