• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

ShaneB

A sport that has been popular since the '20s garners more interest from the general populous than a sport that for all intents and purposes has been around for 10 years? Hmm. Go figure.

Exactly.

And the fight last night wasn't exactly random boxing event x, it was Mayweather being the biggest draw the sport has.

Wonder what kind of interest will be drummed up when Money is gone

I'm sure he'll either teach the up and comers in his camp how to generate interest or he'll be a very vocal promoter stirring things up himself.

Even when he retires he'll never stop loving money so ensuring his fighters are just a large a draw will be a top priority. Don't expect them to get the same cut of the profits that he gives himself as promoter AND fighter either.

ShaneB

lol. you chose to support the best team in the league.

Meh.
joey-shrug.gif

Knew they were a good team, didn't know they were a super bowl pick for many folks. But Any Given Sunday, etc etc. Been a casual fan for years, figure to finally get more into the sport I'll pick a team, and I was drawn naturally to the Seahawks.

Heel

I like to think LP is the Zimmer Man of cism. He got let off the hook once, and now thinks he's invincible. He had a "fucking Mexican" moment last night in the Mayweather thread, but NeoGAF refused to press charges.

He'll commit cism again. It's just a matter of time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I like to think LP is the Zimmer Man of cism. He got let off the hook once, and now thinks he's invincible. He had a "fucking Mexican" moment last night in the Mayweather thread, but NeoGAF refused to press charges.

He'll commit cism again. It's just a matter of time.

This is the kind of insular post I love to see. No one who doesn't lurk the shit out of this thread would be able to decipher this post.

MjFrancis

Knew they were a good team, didn't know they were a super bowl pick for many folks. But Any Given Sunday, etc etc. Been a casual fan for years, figure to finally get more into the sport I'll pick a team, and I was drawn naturally to the Seahawks.
I hardly watched football at all until last season. I just didn't 'get it' for the sake of brevity. I sure picked the right time to root for the home team, though.

Funny enough, I was lurking the NFL thread while I was watching the Hawks/49ers game last night and when I opened up the MMA-GAF tab today I thought I opened the wrong tab for a moment.

Glad to see most everyone on board with the Seahawks, even if the first six quarters of the regular season have been pretty ugly.

VoxPop

Amazing weekend.

Masterful performance by Mayweather.

My favorite episode of Breaking Bad so far.

All 3 of my fantasy teams starting 2-0.

Seattle absolutely destroying Kaepernick & Co.

Now I just need Bones to TKO Gus.

Heel

Bawh Gawd, Jim Ross open to a UFC job. Had preliminary talks with HDNet back in the day to call Bad MMA. lol that would've been amazing.

Top Bottom