• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

VoxPop

Holy shit, that bad? I'm downloading the demo on XBOne right now.

Feels like a total downgrade from Undisputed in terms of gameplay. I understand its their first attempt but I'm pretty disappointed. Feels like a Fight Night and EA MMA had a miscarriage. And I LOVE Fight Night. Hopefully the final product holds up better.

RustyO

Oh God I want Undisputed back. What is this trash

Which one is the best game on PS3? I presume Undisputed 3? Is the EA one any good?

I had UFC 2009 Undisputed on xbox, but sold it for some reason... been feeling lately that I should pick up some mma game again.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Unfortunately, I have to agree that EA UFC is trash tier gaming. Really disappointed here.

BTW, friend Heel, now seems like a good time to join #TeamRollins.

EDIT - Playing a bit more here, I think my muscle memory from Undisputed is as big a problem as the game.

brentech

I'll still try it (the demo) for myself, but just hearing this is disappointing. Most likely just keep UFC Undisputed 3 in my ps3.

I've had so much fun with UFC 3. All it needed were Fedor, Saku, Ken & Frank, Sergi, Arona and maybe some freaks like Butterbean for the lulz for roster. Game play just needed better animations for some fighters with a distinctive stance like Machida, Anderson etc and just tweak the game so that you cant be KO'd by guys like Shields and Sonnen. Make wrestling more effective.

I can see a UFC 4 being a throwback game to the original UFC. Openweight fights. I doubt we will ever get a roster as good as UFC 3 ever again .

VoxPop

I've had so much fun with UFC 3. All it needed were Fedor, Saku, Ken & Frank, Sergi, Arona and maybe some freaks like Butterbean for the lulz for roster. Game play just needed better animations for some fighters with a distinctive stance like Machida, Anderson etc and just tweak the game so that you cant be KO'd by guys like Shields and Sonnen. Make wrestling more effective.

I can see a UFC 4 being a throwback game to the original UFC. Openweight fights. I doubt we will ever get a roster as good as UFC 3 ever again .

Agreed. I would have been perfectly happy with Undisputed 4 w/ polished graphics and animations. Me and my friend got that game down to a science and would have some great wars. Honestly it's not even the gameplay of EA UFC that I hate as I can work with it but little things like the ref not stepping in, the shitty KO animations, being able to throw 50 superman punches and axe kicks without consenquence and pressing 1 button to get up off the ground is pretty retarded. And why do Gus and Bones have all the same moves, and why does everyone jump off the cage with flying knees? Also not a fan of the backdrop suplex as cool as it is.

bonesthefuckout.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Agreed. I would have been perfectly happy with Undisputed 4 w/ polished graphics and animations. Me and my friend got that game down to a science and would have some great wars. Honestly it's not even the gameplay of EA UFC that I hate as I can work with it but little things like the ref not stepping in, the shitty KO animations, being able to throw 50 superman punches and axe kicks without consenquence and pressing 1 button to get up off the ground is pretty retarded. And why do Gus and Bones have all the same moves, and why does everyone jump off the cage with flying knees? Also not a fan of the backdrop suplex as cool as it is.

This! I'm playing against CPU Jones and he just did that cartwheel kick Pettis used on Cerrone. I can't believe they didn't do more to differentiate the fighters. You're essentially just picking what skin you want to use rather than a different fighter.

VoxPop

This! I'm playing against CPU Jones and he just did that cartwheel kick Pettis used on Cerrone. I can't believe they didn't do more to differentiate the fighters. You're essentially just picking what skin you want to use rather than a different fighter.

Can't wait to showtime kick Pettis with Bendo :(

Oh god. This was my biggest issue with EA MMA.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Oh god. This was my biggest issue with EA MMA.

Yeah, I don't consider myself a fan of the Undisputed games but at least the fighters behaved somewhat correctly. GSP was going to take you down, BJ had a great sub game, Jones was going to rain down elbows, etc. Here, both Gus and Jones fight exactly the same which is the same way Aldo and Pettis fought in that preview video.

Yeah, I don't consider myself a fan of the Undisputed games but at least the fighters behaved somewhat correctly. GSP was going to take you down, BJ had a great sub game, Jones was going to rain down elbows, etc. Here, both Gus and Jones fight exactly the same which is the same way Aldo and Pettis fought in that preview video.

I guess Frankie wont "stick and move", Sonnen wont use aggressive smothering wrestling, Machida wont be elusive. I already knew it wasn't going to be as good as UFC 3 but I thought it would at least be a step in the right direction with a good foundation laid out with tight game play and unique animations and fight styles.

dream

Heel, do you remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned that I found a $20 bill on the street, and as I picked it up, it occurred to me that it was the exact type of situation a lesser gaffer would start a thread about?

Watching the Lawler/Ellenberger fight right now. Lawler has become an absolute beast. He's finally put together the raw power with competent striking. He's definitely evolved since Strikeforce.

Cole Miller out, Diego Brandao in. Dammit.

So two weeks ago he's injured and out of a fight with some joe named Brian Ortega and bounces back within days to be able to fight Conor McGregor. How convenient for him. Employing Nate Diaz's strategy pays dividends.

Top Bottom