• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

For those of you think this is somehow Jones' doing, please read this article:

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/the-st...c-and-contract-negotiation-that-isnt-or-is-it

This is Uncle Dana pulling a screw job on Jones yet again

Nope this is the media grasping at straws to make Dana look like the bad guy, just look at this deleted post from Instagram:

http://youtu.be/R8HvPRDN5Sk

My instincts tell me his management wanted the pot sweetened to sign up for a rematch and Dana isn't willing to succumb to boxing culture fuckery. Announced the rematch date as pressure. I'm not mad at that.

Cole Miller out, Diego Brandao in. Dammit.

Dammit, as in "dammit I wanted to watch Cole Miller get styled on." Brandao is the better fight, IMO.

Heel, do you remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned that I found a $20 bill on the street, and as I picked it up, it occurred to me that it was the exact type of situation a lesser gaffer would start a thread about?

ib2akwYDvkuasU.gif

After watching the Cormier/Hendo fight, I think Jones would have a much easier fight with Gus. He better stop 'ducking' him after all.

And wow, did Dillashaw put on a hell of a performance. That was masterful. Is there word if Barao gets an immediate rematch?

dream

I was trying to figure out why you jokers didn't like the Ultimate demo while GAF-at-large thinks it's okay, so I downloaded it for myself and...well, looks like my PS4 will continue collecting dust all through the summer.

The controls are a bit too convoluted for my tastes. It wouldn't be so bad if the controls were consistently responsive. Sometimes transitions work immediately, other times there a delay mid transition and if both players take action at the exact same time it feels like it randomly chooses which action takes priority.

I'll play the demo more to see if I can get a better feel for it but I think renting it would be better so I can (hopefully) choose a fighter with movesets I actually like.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It needs to be 60fps too. It just feels odd, not that I play sports entertainment games these days anyways.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
My only real issue with the controls is remembering which modifiers do what. Submission system is absolute shit though. I still think EA MMA did the best job with this.

To be honest, there isn't shit else to play until Destiny comes out so I'll probably end up buying this out of sheer boredom. Maybe I'll actually turn on my Wii U this summer and play catch up.

Dysun

EA UFC sucks, good thing they put out a demo to save me the 60 bucks. Controls are obtuse as fuck, worse than undisputed

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Ate some cannabis chocolate bars imported from Colorado yesterday before work, then more after work (today I was off).

I'm not sure how to describe the past 30 hours except for "thank goodness I didn't commit that felony I was being egged on to do" and "thank goodness my best friend made it home alive". Got some wonderful sleep btw, I was out for 12 hours once it all ended.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Are you fucking kidding me? Its 7 in the god damn morning and some fucking retard is camping outside my window with a baby that is crying like its dying. Fuck you assholes that accept sperm and spawn willy nilly and shit on the rest of us with your poor life choices. Im so mad i could punch Plywood in the forehead.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Are you fucking kidding me? Its 7 in the god damn morning and some fucking retard is camping outside my window with a baby that is crying like its dying. Fuck you assholes that accept sperm and spawn willy nilly and shit on the rest of us with your poor life choices. Im so mad i could punch Plywood in the forehead.
I have the text, you said you'd never strike me. Are you a liar?

TheChits

Every time I turn on my ps4 there is a 1 gig update for Killzone and Battlefield. I just want to download this ridiculously large ufc demo :(
Edit: Grim, should I buy ultra?

I was trying to figure out why you jokers didn't like the Ultimate demo while GAF-at-large thinks it's okay, so I downloaded it for myself and...well, looks like my PS4 will continue collecting dust all through the summer.

What I didn't like about it was that the person who designed the movesets for the fighters didn't do their homework. Why the fuck is Gus doing ninja kicks Pettis style. At least in UFC 3 the movesets were pretty accurate.

People are tripping about EA UFC. There's some annoying crap but it's no different then how it felt to get used to undisputed. One of those situations where people will grow into the game. If the fighters style isn't varied then that will be some bull ish though.

Juiced to play it on my fat ass projector.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Jon jones is the most dominant champion in UFC history and he has earned the right to fight whoever he wants.
This ain't boxing playboy and he's only one fighter of 210,917 that the UFC employs. And he's not even a big enough draw to have the leverage. He'll have to fight whoever Joe Silva puts in front of him.

There are no UFC Champs with numbers currently. That doesn't necessarily strengthen Jones stance but his not getting crazy numbers isn't a weakness with Silva and GSP gone.

Jons a great fighter but he doesnt have "it".

You could could headline Lesnar Vs. a beer bottle and it would sell more than any Bones fight.

Razdek

Banned

You could could headline Lesnar Vs. a beer bottle and it would sell more than any Bones fight.

Name another fighter who has "it" right now. I don't even think Rhonda has it. UFC doesn't have superstars anymore just stars.

VoxPop

Cain and Pettis could become bigger. But both seem to be very fragile.

They tried Ronda and the numbers dissapointed.

Cain can't draw flies.

Pettis can't either.

Their only hope really is Bones or Diaz. Bones is not quite there yet but he definitely has more mainstream appeal than anybody else. But at the same time, he needs to someone equally as good to take him to the top like how Silva had Sonnen, Mayweather x DLH/Pac, GSP x Sleepys, Brock x Mir/Randy. Maybe Silva can take him there and pass the torch to him.

Heel

I want her to put me in the Figure Four Headlock.
ibcu0O6lnI7Krb.png

My friend, it's real. I'm on that same boner train my friend.

I think I'm just thrown off by the strength of Flair's genes. I see the darkened eye sockets and fluffy hair and all I can think of is a young Nature Boy. It's scary.

Quite a match, though. I'm a fan.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think I'm just thrown off by the strength of Flair's genes. I see the darkened eye sockets and fluffy hair and all I can think of is a young Nature Boy. It's scary.

Quite a match, though. I'm a fan.

The athleticism can't be ignored. She seems like the kind of girl who could make me humble.

Jokes aside, does Dana not understand how stupid it is of him, as a PROMOTER, to shit on his own fighters and air dirty laundry like this in public? Even if Jones IS ducking Gus, how is in Dana and the UFC's interest to air that? Doesn't just make one of the few potential name guys they have left look bad? Does he not understand that as a promoter, he should stop taking such an adversarial position against so many of the guys who he promotes considering it's really his job to make them look as good as possible?

He isn't a promoter in the usual sense though. He cares about the brand more than about how his fighters look. He could give two shits who is in there fighting so long as "UFC" as a brand is popular.

Top Bottom