• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

MjFrancis

Pettis v Thomson confirmed
Well, if TJ Grant wants to back out of a fight months in advance, that's all the fans need to know about him. This fighter does not have the budo. He's on the same shit-list Machida found himself in - if he's so lucky he will get another match for lightweight contention.

MjFrancis

T.J.+Grant+vs.+Gray+Maynard.gif

Heel

Friend dream and other iOS touch gamers, let's buy Worms 3 for 99 cents and try an online game tonight. How bad could it be?

Oh nice. I wouldn't mind a couple of nosebleeds for an event like this. Do you need some special VIP pass type thing to get the tickets early?
http://www.ufcfightclub.com

As for ticket prices, http://uk.ufc.com/news/ufc-168-world-press-tour-september-press-release

Tickets for UFC® 168: WEIDMAN vs. SILVA 2 go on sale Friday, Sept. 27 at 10 a.m. PT and are priced at $1,000, $750, $500, $300, $200 and $100. Tickets will be available at all Las Vegas Ticketmaster locations (select Smith’s Food and Drug Centers and Ritmo Latino). Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets also are available for purchase at mgmgrand.com or ticketmaster.com. Ticket prices do not include applicable service charges.

UFC® Fight Club™ members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets to this event Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 10 a.m. PT via the website ufcfightclub.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, Sept. 26 starting at 10 a.m. PT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.
Cheaper than UFC 147 IIRC.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Jorgensen vs Uncle Creepy at UFC on Fox 9. That should be phenomenal
Jorgensen at FLW? Should be good. When Florian gives up the commentary job the division will start to look pretty deep.

Visually impaired C.J. Ross to take "a leave of absence."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/boxing/cj-ross-take-leave-absence-boxing-judge

NAC chairman Bill Brady said the negative publicity Nevada has received since the fight because of Ross’ scoring had caught the attention of Gov. Brian Sandoval, who appoints commission members.

Brady said he talked briefly Tuesday with Sandoval and that their conversation was mostly positive.

“I apologized to the governor for any embarrassment we may have caused the state,” Brady said. “He made me aware of his concerns. He wants things done right.”

Brady said there will be changes to the process for selecting officials beginning Sept. 25, when the commission will make assignments for the WBO welterweight title fight between Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez on Oct. 12 at the Thomas &Mack Center.

“There will be more questions asked, and Keith will be held accountable for his recommendations,” Brady said. “We won’t be a rubber stamp anymore.”

Edit: Sorry, the visually impaired part was my opinion, not fact. But she may want to get her eyes checked. I'm not sure what she was seeing that night.

MjFrancis

From MMAJunkie:

Anthony Pettis vs. Josh Thomson
Urijah Faber vs. Michael McDonald
Nik Lentz vs. Chad Mendes
Mac Danzig vs. Joe Lauzon
Scott Jorgensen vs. Ian McCall

AND Condit vs. Brown? I'm on board, this card looks awesome.

VoxPop

Apparently Condit vs. Brown is also going to be on the UFC on Fox 9 card. Good god that thing is stacked

Wow what an awesome card.

Pettis x Punk

Faber x McDonald

Condit x Brown

Mendes x Lentz

McCall x Jorgensen

hoping they stack the prelims too

I'm guessing they dont have much faith in Pettis headlining a PPV against Thomson. How were the Bendo x Pettis 2 ppv numbers?

They should honestly remodel TUF to a weekly live/semi-live show, weed out the bad fights via delay

Use only up and comers and the occasional veteran, add a little reality spice, then stack the shit out of PPVs monthly

your lowbie guys get paid decently fighting constantly while the big stars make their money doing 3-4 fights a year

Go head to head with RAW, Monday Night Wars 2.0

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From MMAJunkie:

Anthony Pettis vs. Josh Thomson
Urijah Faber vs. Michael McDonald
Nik Lentz vs. Chad Mendes
Mac Danzig vs. Joe Lauzon
Scott Jorgensen vs. Ian McCall

AND Condit vs. Brown? I'm on board, this card looks awesome.

I am all up in this, exciting shit.

Top Bottom