• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

iddqd

Man, De La Riva guard was the first time I really checked out doing Gi Jiu Jitsu and felt it was going to sporty for sports sake.
Went over to the dark side of No Gi and cried bitter tears because everyone was fast and mean. So it's either comfortable pajamas and silly sport stuff or rash guard and fucked up arms from mean people. There is no way to win!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't want to jinx it, but it appears UFC 178 is approaching the quality worthy of pay-per-view. What happened?

image.php

Phil Davis and Glover too? The f*ck is some love for 177...garbage ass card
They need Davis as a backup in case Jones or Gus get hurt. No one who is not buying Dillashaw/Barao is going to buy it for Davis/Glover. I assume most people buying 177 are doing so because they think it's the Jones/Gus fight.

It's happening guys. UFC Super Heavyweights. UFC is going to be like PRIDE soon

I hope to see some freaks like The Big Show, Butterbean, Shaq, The Great Khali, Giant Silva, Hong Man Choi and fat Sylvia. Dana needs to sign Minowa now

Eanan

I hope to see some freaks like The Big Show, Butterbean, Shaq, The Great Khali, Giant Silva, Hong Man Choi and fat Sylvia. Dana needs to sign Minowa now

Yisss.... we need some bob sapp style hilarity in the ufc.

Im excited

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
“We are also thinking of special events where all weight classes could fight against each other, so a 125 pound guy could be fighting a 325 pound monster, that would be epic,” White replied.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
“We are also thinking of special events where all weight classes could fight against each other, so a 125 pound guy could be fighting a 325 pound monster, that would be epic,” White replied.

Never forget how good UFC David vs Goliath was

Heel

UFC had a verbal agreement and press release ready before Vitor was even licensed, exclusively on Fight Pass. He was licensed only with the promise that he would use it to fight in Nevada, bringing income to the state. Will have to pay for random testing out of pocket, but they assure him that the cost will be "reasonable." Parting comment from commissioner was that Vitor was his "new best friend."

What a sport.

Heel

NSAC now has a full blown mark on their board named Anthony Marnell.

"I watched all his frickin' interviews!"
"I am concerned about someone getting hit in the head by someone with super human powers."

Got Shael's supension bumped up to 2 years. I'm still laughing.

strobogo

Banned
UFC had a verbal agreement and press release ready before Vitor was even licensed, exclusively on Fight Pass. He was licensed only with the promise that he would use it to fight in Nevada, bringing income to the state. Will have to pay for random testing out of pocket, but they assure him that the cost will be "reasonable." Parting comment from commissioner was that Vitor was his "new best friend."

What a sport.

ibwNc1nGhneNmB.gif

It can't be understated just how great that NSAC session was:

Crying Vitor
Vitor getting off scot-free, while the commissioner literally calls him his "new best friend"
"We are not in a position to look like fools" - actual NSAC quote before giving Vitor a license
The commission calling Chael brave, a friend, and giving him a job/advisory role
Retired fighter Chael Sonnen not being fined, and being banned 2 years *just in case*

Please never disband, NSAC. That was better than every MMA event in 2014 so far.

Top Bottom