• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

Bellator announces signings of sluggers Paul Daley and Melvin Manhoef

nU5Z9rt.jpg
nU5Z9rt.jpg
nU5Z9rt.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Exactly this. While I think he would still get roflstomped by a majority of the top guys in his division at this time, he's making a star out of himself in the process despite not having done anything worthwhile. He's also pretty fun to watch and has a great finishing rate.

The 145 division is gold right now. Sadly no one cares about midgets.

Speaking of midgets, Pettis hasn't fought in nearly a year. If he gets injured again before his next fight, should he be stripped of his title?
Yes, I say that as a Pettis fan. Dude can go, but he shatters on people.

Kimbo, James Thompson, Sok, Kongo, Melvin, Rampage, Baroni, Mighty Mo all under the same roof.

i don't wanna say but i'll say it:

Open

Weight

GP

Dipz

Banned
After receiving several emails on the subject, and on behalf of the UFC FIGHT PASS team, I’d like to confirm UFCFIGHTPASS.com will be streaming live coverage of this Wednesday’s Nevada State Athletic Commission hearing.

FIGHT PASS’s coverage of the previous Nevada Athletic Commission meeting was very well received, and we are once again happy to provide this live coverage for our subscribers.

The Commission meeting is scheduled for a 10am PT start.

The Commission’s full agenda can be found on its’ website here:
http://boxing.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/boxingnvgov/content/schedule/14_Agendas/07-23-14AG.pdf

UFC media email I just got.. Should be lulz.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Female division in the ultimate is garbage tier too, but at least it's anchored by a legitamite star with athleticism. Divas are just awful at everything related to sports entertainment.

Female division in the ultimate is garbage tier too, but at least it's anchored by a legitamite star with athleticism. Divas are just awful at everything related to sports entertainment.

as if they give a fuck about the matches, they're watching for jack off material, which is another level of sad by itself.

Exactly this. While I think he would still get roflstomped by a majority of the top guys in his division at this time, he's making a star out of himself in the process despite not having done anything worthwhile. He's also pretty fun to watch and has a great finishing rate.

The 145 division is gold right now. Sadly no one cares about midgets.

Speaking of midgets, Pettis hasn't fought in nearly a year. If he gets injured again before his next fight, should he be stripped of his title?

The thing that kills me about it tho is McGregor is shit on the mic. He just sounds like any arsehole from Finglas you could pull off the street. "Ah ye ill bleedin' pull his head off, knoworrimsayin, oil fookin batter de cunt" etc. Throw in some Ali/Rocky quotes and you have McGregor in a nutshell. He thinks hes as witty and humourous as Ali but is more like Freddy Starr.

Pretty good article about Rousey and the Ultimate in general:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/07/28/mean-girl

And in light of this McGregor thing, why does the UFC not send everyone to media training? McGregor is the only new star in ages and he did it all by himself. How can other fighters not see Chael and Conor running their mouths and being in main events all the time? The fighting's real but a bit of pro wrestling in the buildup can't hurt.

Also looking forward to this weekend's card. #Teampositive lifer here.

VoxPop

strobogo said:
Why, is that famed pro wrestling superstar Steven Borden Stevens?

Host Samurai said:
Yup. Endless hours once you have all the edit packs. I discovered Japanese MMA/Wrestling by playing some of the old Fire Pro and Virtual Pro Wrestling games on on SNES/PS1/N64. Such great times.

It sure is. He was no match for the great mustache though. Followed that match up by putting on a GNP clinic with Big Sexy Kevin Nash on the Fedor Emelianenko destruction tour.

Yeah I used to play the SNES ones via emulator. Great stuff. VPW 1/2 on N64 were pretty awesome too. Had a weird fandom for Hayabusa back in the day for some odd reason.

Made so many damn CAWs back in the day as well. Is #43 on running attacks still the Spear in Mania 2000? Good wrestling games need to come back. Hopefully the next gen versions will be worthwhile.

Game creation would be awesome in pure kickstarter form. Fund THQ to make another Undisputed.

The thing that kills me about it tho is McGregor is shit on the mic. He just sounds like any arsehole from Finglas you could pull off the street. "Ah ye ill bleedin' pull his head off, knoworrimsayin, oil fookin batter de cunt" etc. Throw in some Ali/Rocky quotes and you have McGregor in a nutshell. He thinks hes as witty and humourous as Ali but is more like Freddy Starr.

I don't think I've actually ever heard him speak. I just love his shit talking on the interwebz and to the media. And of course every great superstar needs great weigh in staredowns.

It sure is. He was no match for the great mustache though. Followed that match up by putting on a GNP clinic with Big Sexy Kevin Nash on the Fedor Emelianenko destruction tour.

Yeah I used to play the SNES ones via emulator. Great stuff. VPW 1/2 on N64 were pretty awesome too. Had a weird fandom for Hayabusa back in the day for some odd reason.

Made so many damn CAWs back in the day as well. Is #43 on running attacks still the Spear in Mania 2000? Good wrestling games need to come back. Hopefully the next gen versions will be worthwhile.

Game creation would be awesome in pure kickstarter form. Fund THQ to make another Undisputed.

Same. He was in WCW vs The World and even Revenge. Had a bad azz move set

SPIKE should put a new Fire Pro game on kickstarter. They would deff get the funding for it

VoxPop

Same. He was in WCW vs The World and even Revenge. Had a bad azz move set

SPIKE should put a new Fire Pro game on kickstarter. They would deff get the funding for it

Should check out EA UFC. They patched and fixed most of the glaring issues I had with the game and added GoDilla, Woodley and Mizugaki.

Should check out EA UFC. They patched and fixed most of the glaring issues I had with the game and added GoDilla, Woodley and Mizugaki.

Deff gonna download that update when I get home. Playing the game with people gets old after a few rounds because the roster is so limited. Is the character DLC free? I would only shell out dough for some legends DLC. No desire to play as those jabronis

strobogo

Banned

I don't think I've actually ever heard him speak. I just love his shit talking on the interwebz and to the media. And of course every great superstar needs great weigh in staredowns.

I like that Fedor is black in FPR, when all the other MMA guys aren't really edited at all.

Dipz

Banned
Deff gonna download that update when I get home. Playing the game with people gets old after a few rounds because the roster is so limited. Is the character DLC free? I would only shell out dough for some legends DLC. No desire to play as those jabronis

Yes. Dillashaw, Woodley and Mizugaki have been added free of charge.

FUME5

I keep trying to like it, but so much about it pisses me off. It's a great kickboxing game, MMA not so much.

This was excellent. Rickson makes some great points about sport BJJ. It's getting kind of silly.
I like what he says but sport BJJ has advanced too far to reel it back in now. Sport BJJ is a separate entity much like self defense BJJ is different from MMA BJJ. Sure the IBJJF rules need tweaks to prevent stalling but shit like berimbolos and other "sport" specific moves are incredibly fun to learn and do. Embrace the differences and the factions I say. Not everyone is going to like the same type of jiu jitsu. Some of us will never be in a street fight, a dojo storm, or enter the octagon.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I like what he says but sport BJJ has advanced too far to reel it back in now. Sport BJJ is a separate entity much like self defense BJJ is different from MMA BJJ. Sure the IBJJF rules need tweaks to prevent stalling but shit like berimbolos and other "sport" specific moves are incredibly fun to learn and do. Embrace the differences and the factions I say. Not everyone is going to like the same type of jiu jitsu. Some of us will never be in a street fight, a dojo storm, or enter the octagon.

This is why you lose effectiveness.

Heel

This is why you lose effectiveness.

lol I don't think Reverse de la Riva is getting through the Helio Filter.

In all seriousness, speaking more to his comments on stalling, scoring and spectator appeal than the "this wouldn't work in a street fight" fuckery.

He does make a good point on sport BJJ players gaining fame, opening schools teaching the next generation, though. "Self-defense? Go learn Krav Maga..." lol

He does make a good point on sport BJJ players gaining fame, opening schools teaching the next generation, though. "Self-defense? Go learn Krav Maga..." lol
I see nothing wrong with this as long as the professor and school are open about being a "sport" specific school.

Top Bottom