• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

Conor McGregor -170
Dustin Poirier +130

ilbRDiAIa68pn.gif

Next

shit... wanted to see Gus go at it again. Although I gotta say if DC has the balls to push JJ like he did Cummings at the weigh ins he might just win another fan lol

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
DC's only way to win is wrasslin. That's it. He's too short to strike with JJ, he has to get in close and clinch ASAP.

I see JJ neutralizing that and picking him apart with knee kicks, eyepokes, and hellbows. The reach advantage in this fight is going to be insane.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
LCL and partially torn ACL.

They've been screwed up for awhile, but he's fought on them the last few fights.

VoxPop

Love this fight a lot more than a pointless Gus rematch. Rewatched that fight a bunch of times and Bones won it handily 3 rounds to 2, and sometimes even 4 rounds to 1. Gus did more damage but this isn't Pride. Dude was beyond gassed and would've been finished if there was a 6th round.

Next

I'm the opposite, every time I watch it I give it to a different guy. Sometimes Gus because of damage, sometimes Bono because he almost finished it. All in all I think a draw with Jones retaining the title would be the correct call, so I'm not too bothered by Gus losing. Really wanted to see the rematch though..

VoxPop

I'm the opposite, every time I watch it I give it to a different guy. Sometimes Gus because of damage, sometimes Bono because he almost finished it. All in all I think a draw with Jones retaining the title would be the correct call, so I'm not too bothered by Gus losing. Really wanted to see the rematch though..

I'm sure the rematch will happen right after anyways after Bones oblique kick KO's Cormier unless he requests Rumble before that. Just a matter of time.

Heel

Love this fight a lot more than a pointless Gus rematch. Rewatched that fight a bunch of times and Bones won it handily 3 rounds to 2, and sometimes even 4 rounds to 1. Gus did more damage but this isn't Pride. Dude was beyond gassed and would've been finished if there was a 6th round.

Yeah, more interested in the DC fight personally. Opening odds are the closest of his title reign, beating out the Gus rematch.

Alexander Gustafsson +205
Jon Jones -245

Daniel Cormier +145
Jon Jones -170

Lets take bets on what move people will be screaming to make illegal after Jones uses it to great effect this time.

In other news, wus really goin on with this accuweather map ...

ibmHPpvKGFGHJG.JPG

Conor McGregor -170
Dustin Poirier +130

ilbRDiAIa68pn.gif

lol

I shot milk out of my nose when I saw this and I wasn't even drinking milk.

iddqd

I wish I could hype this shit without thinking that DC is hurt.
Oh well.. here is hope for some nice trash talk and maybe one or two good rounds.

Heel

All fighters are hurt to some degree. I'm not hinging the fight on it. Will be interesting to see if Sifu Jackson tries to exploit it.

Sean

Banned
Jones trolling Cormier via Twitter DM

@dc_mma:
Guys how do you respond to someone on Twitter that doesn't follow you. I need this message to get to @jonnybones I didn't think I followed him, he knows something we don't. He just randomly sent me this lol. #newchamp

BtRPkReCQAERtsF.jpg:large

i wonder if Bones will take a tour at HW if he beats DC and Gus take alot of time to recover. i think he's too bitchmade to do it but it would fun to see, say, Dos Santos vs Bones.

Whoa! I thought DC was in the midst of surgery and rehab. This is going to be GOOD! What's better is this is the fight that Jones wanted from the start. Well, I don't know if he wanted it, but he said Corm should be next in line instead of Gus since he wanted a "new" opponent. Either way, I'm pumped.

dream

I think what bugs Chamber and I about Cormier vs Bones is that Bellator is just carving out a nice niche for themselves with their new direction, and now the Ultimate is basically stealing the whole concept from them.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It can't be understated just how great that NSAC session was:

Crying Vitor
Vitor getting off scot-free, while the commissioner literally calls him his "new best friend"
"We are not in a position to look like fools" - actual NSAC quote before giving Vitor a license
The commission calling Chael brave, a friend, and giving him a job/advisory role
Retired fighter Chael Sonnen not being fined, and being banned 2 years *just in case*

Please never disband, NSAC. That was better than every MMA event in 2014 so far.
Gustafsson out of UFC 178, DC has the title shot

http://bit.ly/1qAWk81
Weidman Vs Vitor.

Until he pisses hot, of course.
ipj6eauyfxy5t2ykm0.gif

Top Bottom