• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Pimpwerx

Great fight. FOTN.

Great card overall. I only caught the main card, but it was good. You need some one sided beatings on a card, and pitting two brawlers in the main event was a smart decision. Well booked event. PEACE.

Foggy

Manly, burly fight. Good shit to Lawler.

The rematch we need, the rematch we deserve. But for chrissakes, take more than a 2 month break Lawler

Heel

Or Joe Rogan.

He's hurt, Mike!

RK9Z7VG.jpg

lupinko

Wow, I'm seeing more fight out of these little kids at this Muay Thai event here in Japan than in many recent UFC cards.

I saw a crazy knockout, a ref stoppage, a verbal tap out and a masterful unanimous domination.

After this amateur jr card is the professional card.

VASPER

Banned
It's good to see Rumble having success at 205!! I see him whoopin most of the 205'ers right now. Good scarp by Brown and lawler, great card overall.

Dipz

Banned
Edgar vs Cub is happening on the December Fox card. Very excited for that one

5 months away... why the long wait, is Cub injured? I doubt Frankie got hurt much if at all in his exhibition match against the ghost of BJ Penn.

SPOILER:
Edgar dances around Cub and gets a boring split decision that most people disagree with

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Great night of fights, 4 of the 6 I watched met my expectations.
Great midnight/early morning of partying. No unpleasant incidents of any sort.
I had forgotten how fun Saturday nights could be.

Wow, I'm seeing more fight out of these little kids at this Muay Thai event here in Japan than in many recent UFC cards.

I saw a crazy knockout, a ref stoppage, a verbal tap out and a masterful unanimous domination.

After this amateur jr card is the professional card.
Friday, August 1st

Muay Thai - Lion Fight 17

Starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on AXS TV

Saturday, August 9th

Kickboxing - GLORY 18 Chicago

Starts at TBA on Spike

VASPER

Banned
5 months away... why the long wait, is Cub injured? I doubt Frankie got hurt much if at all in his exhibition match against the ghost of BJ Penn.

SPOILER:
Edgar dances around Cub and gets a boring split decision that most people disagree with

Um Edger has good moment and has finished alot of guys, what have you been watching?

Heel

Great night of fights, 4 of the 6 I watched met my expectations.
Great midnight/early morning of partying. No unpleasant incidents of any sort.
I had forgotten how fun Saturday nights could be.

Friday, August 1st

Muay Thai - Lion Fight 17

Starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on AXS TV

Saturday, August 9th

Kickboxing - GLORY 18 Chicago

Starts at TBA on Spike

GLORY 18 moved to September or October according to Liverkick.

It looked like they were building an audience, ratings going up event to event, then they take a multi-month break and lose a step. Don't think it's doing them any favors.

Oh did you guys notice the UFC completely stealing the WWE's Bo Dallas character gimmick to promote TJ Dillashaw for UFC 177? From the music to the visual style even to a quote of Dillashaw saying "all you have to do is believe"? It's hilarious.

http://youtu.be/9U1-YoQUWg8

http://youtu.be/eyAjTCDdvVg

Dillashaws line wasnt Tyson/Buster like but against all odds he guy BEAT the champ who didnt lose for 10 years man. Believe in yourself baby!

VoxPop

Man the next 6 events are pretty damn lame after UFC on FOX 12 being so good. It's also not for another 2 weeks.

8/16 - Bader x OSP, Pearson x Trujillo (lol)

8/23 - Bendo x Dos Anjos, Thatch x Mein, Maia x Pyle (lol)

8/24 - Bisping x Le, Woodley x DHK (rest of card is super lol)

8/30 - Dillashaw x Barao, MM x Cariaso, Baszler x Correia, Jorgensen x Cejudo

9/5 - Mousasi x Jacare, Reem x Rothwell, Lauzon x Chiesa

9/13 - Big Foot x Arlovski, Joe RIggs x Paulo Thiago (wtf is this 2014?)

They could literally combine these 6 events and it would still be mediocre

Then we are saved by the awesome Fight Night Japan

9/21 - Hunt x Nelson, Tate x Nakai, Gomi x Jury, Akiyama x Noke, Faber x Kanehara, Kid x Unknown, Horiguchi x Unknown, Lim x Sato

9/27 - Bones x Cormier, Porier x McGregor, Cruz x Mizugaki, Kennedy x Romero, Nunes x Zingano,

Dipz

Banned
Anyone in their right mind would stop watching UFC until 8/30.

Then 9/5, 9/21 and 9/27.

The rest is garbage.

And yeah drm. Legit prospects Ryan LaFlare and Brandon Thatch IIRC are on the aforementioned skippable cards I believe.

Man the next 6 events are pretty damn lame after UFC on FOX 12 being so good. It's also not for another 2 weeks.

8/16 - Bader x OSP, Pearson x Trujillo (lol)

8/23 - Bendo x Dos Anjos, Thatch x Mein, Maia x Pyle (lol)

8/24 - Bisping x Le, Woodley x DHK (rest of card is super lol)

8/30 - Dillashaw x Barao, MM x Cariaso, Baszler x Correia, Jorgensen x Cejudo

9/5 - Mousasi x Jacare, Reem x Rothwell, Lauzon x Chiesa

9/13 - Big Foot x Arlovski, Joe RIggs x Paulo Thiago (wtf is this 2014?)

They could literally combine these 6 events and it would still be mediocre

Then we are saved by the awesome Fight Night Japan

9/21 - Hunt x Nelson, Tate x Nakai, Gomi x Jury, Akiyama x Noke, Faber x Kanehara, Kid x Unknown, Horiguchi x Unknown, Lim x Sato

9/27 - Bones x Cormier, Porier x McGregor, Cruz x Mizugaki, Kennedy x Romero, Nunes x Zingano,

you could make a decent card out of a Jacaré v Gay Guard + Reem v Rothwell + Bisping v Le + Big Foot v Arlo.

Top Bottom