• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

dream

Both guys are booked for tonight's Sportscenter. I'm going with 800k buys. Maybe as high as 875 if they tussle on ESPN.

dream

I don't think he really needs to do much talking when he's up against a shorter, blacker version of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

dream

In every generation, there is a transcendent fighter. Royce Gracie, Frank Shamrock, Mirko Crocop, BJ Penn. I think Cormier is this generation's guy. Complete in every way.

Heel

DC is smartened up to the business, likely guided in secret by Stone Cold Steve Austin. The mark UFC Universe about to be worked over one more time ala Rampage/Rashad to the tune of 900k PPV buys. It's that easy.

BuOYM2LIgAA9Ewo.jpg

Guess they went back and forth on twitter. Apparently, three people pulled DC down during the skirmish. JB was clowning him on his takedown defense and pitter patter strikes.

Next

well I'm a DC fan. I don't think Jon is in on it.
edit: just saw the sportscenter interview, yeah I'm definitely a DC fan now lol.

well I'm a DC fan. I don't think Jon is in on it.
edit: just saw the sportscenter interview, yeah I'm definitely a DC fan now lol.

JB was such a heel. He was fraudulently pretending to be innocent and completely surprised by the outcome of the face off.

The only thing I have to say is DC, watch out for those eye pokes and kicks to the knee. The dirtiest player in the game (next to Chael and Vitor) knows you need a knee scope.

The show is probably going to get 700,000 buys.

Heel

They're supposed to be in studio together on FOX Sports Live at the top of the hour. Florian tagging in for Sholler.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Does anybody actually think that DC will be the guy to beat Jones? Dude knee is probably not 100% (Jones is going to target it all night with oblique kicks anyway), he is at a huge reach (over 12 inches) and height disadvantage, and who knows how his cardio will hold up for 5 rounds. Yes, Cormier is really strong, but Jones is also an athletic freak--not buying the idea that Cormier is going to be tossing him around like he did to Henderson.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
DC has been forged by 1000 fights with Cain. I'm going with the whirl shock.

I dont see who it would exactly shock. Jon aint got the pedigree to handle that wrestling. Aint strong or fast enough to keep DC at bay for 5 rounds. Crumbr is right about the curbstomping, he just put his bills on the wrong pony.

Dysun

DC has rolled over everyone until now, and Jones wrestling has looked pretty flaky lately. I think DC will take him down, he will only lose if he gasses out

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I just see a repeat of every Jones fight against a short opponent where Jon kicks the shit out of the guys kneecaps and put his fingers in their eyes all night.

VoxPop

Hoping for multiple blatant Bones eyepokes and a Paul Daley-esque outburst by Cormier. Go back to HW where the competition is easier, dummy.

Hoping for multiple blatant Bones eyepokes and a Paul Daley-esque outburst by Cormier. Go back to HW where the competition is easier, dummy.

Except it'll end up like Rory/GSP. Unless Cain retires, DC would keep being a gatekeeper. He was easily the #1 contender in HW.

He better tell Cain to come at him at 100 to ensure his gas tank holds up. But those eye pokes and kicks to the knee. And it's not like JB doesn't finish opponents (besides a few opponents like Evans, Glover and Gustafson).

Top Bottom