• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

This SHITS BUZZIN' MAN!

Finally some heat in here. Jones was always a fruit and Daniels the perfect guy to bring out the worst out of Jonny boy. Danny has to see the doctor for articular gout in his knees after the fight but damn...lets put on some heat during the fight.

VoxPop

Coker making HUGE moves!!

b124_18x24_tunein.jpg

wait wtf?!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The only reasoning behind that Bellator matchmaking is that Newton needs some money and Joey Joe Joe Junior Beltranadoo is the only warm body available.

I'm curious as to when Minakov will fight next. If they're still honouring the "tournament winners getting a title shot" thing then he'll be fighting Volkov again. That should be a killer fight.

All JJ hate aside and in all seriousness... am I the only one that honestly thinks that Jones' eye pokes are going to be one of the biggest factors of this fight? Dude has at least 1 or 2 solid eye pokes nearly every fight and DC NEEDS to get in on Jones FAST. Fast + Pokes = Me seeing Cormier fighting this fight with 1 eye closed after round 1.

industrian

Seeing James Thompson being a bodyguard for David Haye is one thing, but that's quite something right there.

VoxPop

Is there anywhere I can run a WWE Network like 24 hour channel with UFC PPVs and Fight Nights without getting slapped with a lawsuit from Dana?

I hope Gustaffson is improving his character. The rematch could've been this money.
I was listening to the MMA Hour yesterday, and he seems to be in "work" mode. Guess he's been trolling JJ. He says he might show up to Vegas for the DC/JJ fight.

And if I were DC, I'd flop hard everytime JJ puts his hand out. He needs to chill with his "spacing" strategy. He even admitted to it yesterday now that everyone is calling him on it.

The one thing I give DC is he straight said he will stomp JJ's toe, go for the eye and the arm (his last few injuries) putting him on notice that he's not the only willing to get his hands dirty.

industrian

Who is the tall lanky dude beside Reem? He looks like he's at least 6'7".

Reem has made Reem seem normal sized. Dude has slimmed down a LOT lately.

Ldy6tR3.jpg

Every time Reem has fought since the Bigfoot fight people have said he's been shrinking. Then he comes into the weigh-ins at a non-ripped 250+lbs.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Go listen to the Heyman interview. He's not coming back.

MMA journalism is just as bad a videogame journalism

Heel

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he returned. I believe his WWE contract is up after WrassleMania, and that carny-ass company is in no position to throw money around.

Heel

Brett Okamoto
‏@bokamotoESPN
The NSAC will not alter its stance on Chael Sonnen ahead of Metamoris 4, per chairman Aguilar. Intend to fine Chael if he participates.

This is ridiculous on many levels, and I am very disappointed. Couture is a possible alternate, supposedly.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/6...r-josh-grispi-arrested-twice-in-four-days-for

Former UFC fighter Josh Grispi was arrested twice in four days after allegedly assaulting his wife in what Middleboro police officer Richard Harvey called "the worst case of domestic abuse I've ever seen," according to a report from the Taunton Daily Gazette.

Grispi, a former highly-touted UFC featherweight title contender who ultimately racked up a 0-4 record inside the promotion, was arrested on Friday by members of the Middleboro Police Department on domestic abuse charges, released on $2,000 bail, then subsequently arrested again the following Monday on similar domestic abuse and assault charges, MMAFighting.com confirmed on Wednesday.

Harvey stated that in addition to the assaults, Grispi also trained his pet pit bull to attack his wife, reporting that the victim had been "chewed up" and is currently being treated at a local hospital for serious injuries.

A police search of Grispi's home following his arrest on Monday turned up a "pot farm" along with numerous weapons and ammunition. According to the report, Grispi's 3-year-old child was "sitting next to a box of unsecured guns and ammunition when police arrived."

Wow, what a piece of shit.

Chael should give up his purse and the match be called an exhibition. The commission can't stop a man from training. It wouldn't be competition if Chael isn't getting paid.

VoxPop

some MMA news

paige van zant about to make her debut in halifax against kailin curran on the rory vs saffiedine card

assuncao vs cupcake tate's trainee on the same card

the obvious scumbag josh grispi story noted earlier in the thread

"the people's champion" chael sonnen confirms he will take on galvao at metamoris despite the authority trying to keep him down

conor mcgregor broke his silence and promised a first round tko of porier

bj penn - "As far as Mike Dolce goes; I would never hire him again for anything"

demian maia got injured so mike pyle will now face jordan mein

swanson and edgar to happen on an oct 4 sweden card or on ufc on fox 13 dec 6

korean zombie also making his long awaited return against akira corassani on the same card

rockhold signed with adidas and benavidez signed with the adidas kids line

wand wants hendo. hendo is down. at a ripe 43 years old.

some delusional wand quotes

"Silva said he doesn't care where the fight takes place, but he would like a soccer stadium in Brazil."

reliving his glory days crushing cans

"If this fight happens, I'll ask him to bring the belt so the winner can have it after the fight."

"But Wanderlei Silva vs. Dan Henderson would sell very well. A bout between champions has to be considered a big show."

industrian

Apparently Ben Saunders is back in the UFC. Probably for some ham & eggs on a Fight Pass card, but whatever.

Has anyone else been given a UFC contract right after a devastating KO loss?

VoxPop

Gunnar Nelson vs Rick Story main event of UFC Stockholm October 4th.

YES!!! said nobody

I guess Swanson/Edgar moving to UFC on FOX 13. Hope they take KZ off this god awful card and move him somewhere else.

Dolce isn't a "Yes Man" like everyone else in BJ's camp. BJ even admits it was Dolce that kept him at a walking weight of 158-160. He did his job, just because he kept you off the cheeseburgers doesn't mean he's a terrible guy. Dude has greats results, as far as weight cutting goes.

Top Bottom