• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

Ben "Killa ZzzZzZz" Saunders.

douglim1.gif

FACE

Banned
Ben "Killa ZzzZzZz" Saunders.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7B-VfN8l6nw/Uj0Pr3Bi56I/AAAAAAAAA7Q/VFrfunp25WE/s400/douglim1.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Isn't that the second time that Lima knocks him the fuck out? Should've taken the hint.

That was a brutal fight. Saunders got destroyed. I'd like to see Lima get the call up to the big leagues. At the very least he could probably kick Bisping's ass.

@MiddleEasy: The Ontario Athletic Commission made Pat Healy shave his beard prior to fighting tonight at UFC 165.

Keep in mind, a few days ago Cormier stated he will make an official complaint to NSAC if Nelson doesn't shave his beard before 166.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Rewatching the fight this am young mauler got robbed bad. Jones only won the fifth. Shogun machida 1 level robbery.

Jones looked like a fucking California raisin at the end.

Vio-Lence

Banned
they should book:

JBJ vs Glover Tex
and put Gus on the same card as co-main event.
If Gus wins, then book a rematch. Instant rematches are getting old and stagnate the divisions. Watching Glower Tex get mauled will be funny.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
they should book:

JBJ vs Glover Tex
and put Gus on the same card as co-main event.
If Gus wins, then book a rematch. Instant rematches are getting old and stagnate the divisions. Watching Glower Tex get mauled will be funny.

The problem here being that Gus has already went through most of the division, and considering the dearth of contenders for Jones to face: who's left to feed to Gus to get a rematch? Machida? Rashad? Bader/Perosh?

For all we know, Jones may need extended time off and we may get Gus vs. Glover for No. 1 Contender.

That said, who's left as possible contenders now? Davis? Rashad? Cormier (if/when he ever fucking decides to stop stalling the HW division and cut down)? Then you've got the fringe-dwellers like Manuwa/Jimmo and OSP to build-up to potential contenders as well.

The division definitely needs some new blood.

dream

what a sad evening friend. our sky have been eliminated from girl ball playoffs.

Too young. ):

The sad thing is Live Access blacked it out and I couldn't find the game on my international satellite dish, so I...followed the game by reading the PBP on wnba.com. ):

VoxPop

Interesting event.

My take on the evening

Nurmagomedov is a beast. Would be amazing if he had a little more power in his hands but his grappling is a pleasure to watch. That Matt Hughes' esque running slam was amazing. Would love to see him take on a top 10 guy in his next bout. Maybe a bout with Cowboy or Diaz would be good.

Carmont dominating Phillipou was a surprise. Not a good one either.

Schaub won via grappling as expected.

Barao was great and I totally see him destroying Cruz when he returns.

Damn Gus gave Bones a run for his money but I still thought Bones shouldve won the split decision or a draw at the worst. Rewatched it and goddamn Rogan was spewing some nonsense.

Round 1: I thought Gus won with the takedown but I thought Bones did more damage to him throughout.

Round 2: Bones won this round handily. Got the better of the standup.

Round 3: All Gus. Thoroughly beat the snot out of the champ.

Round 4: Gus was dominating early but it got negated by that spinning elbow and beatdown near the end. I would give the slight edge to Bones but this round couldve been a draw.

Round 5: All Bones. It was laughable at how gassed Gus was. One more round and Jon couldve finished him.

Overall a solid event considering the line up.

Just watched the JBJ/Gustafson fight. It was a pretty close fight. Tough to tell who won.

However, Gustafson had the superior boxing and landed quite a few punches. He also, surprisingly, had the superior wrestling (he took Jones down in the first and stuffed most of his take down attempts). The only black mark I had against Gustafson was his conditioning into the championship rounds. He clearly had his hands on his sides in the fifth like I'm tired yo and he was breathing heavy in fourth. A good case could be made that he won the fight.

Jones needs to go back to the lab. His wrestling got stopped, which is a major part of his game. He also, maybe jokingly, said he was ready to take on a Klitchko (sp) Brother. I don't think so. His boxing was terrible. His kicks and occasional elbows are what saved him.

Some could argue this is shades of Shogun/Machida, but it could have went either way. I don't know if it warrants an immediate rematch. It wasn't Hendo/Edgar 1/2 or Machida/Shogun 1.

If Glover gets the next title match, he better follow the Gustafson blueprint.

Vio-Lence

Banned
pictures show it all,

hard clean shots landed by Young Mauler.
JBJ eye poking like he's moe, larry, or curly.

take away his wrestling, eye pokes, "elliptical" kicks to the knee, what do you have left?

Top Bottom