• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Stop trolling, now

iCUDdxIloLyld.gif

Agnt

Jones said he shouldn't have focussed on his boxing so much for that fight. On the one hand, if that's what his boxing was like after a camp where it was the priority then Gus could knock him about even worse in a rematch. On the other, if he comes in with a goal of wrestling it could be bad news for Gus, even though Gus' skills and physical dimensions give him a better defence than any of Jones' opponents so far.

Haha, very clever.

Bro, Jones' boxing is so good he should fight one of the Klitchko brothers

muddream

Banned
Yeah, Jones clearly came into that fight with a boxing mindset, as shown by him spamming knee kicks right off the bat. If only he had really wanted to wrestle, it would've been a much different story. Those 10 failed takedown attempts after he was losing the standup weren't executed with the indomitable spirit only the base of the pyramid can provide.

Wand is shitting on his legacy. Fights Crocop, Hunt and begging for a fight with new old Victor, all while ducking the least dangerous guy in the ultimate

Bellator picking up more UFC scraps - Aaron Rosa this time. I'm glad to see he's getting another shot on a national level. I think he's a lot better than he appeared to be in his short stint in the UFC. Maybe he can prove himself at Bellator. I mean how bad could he be when the guy that just earned a title shot at LHW got it by beating Jacob Noe?

Bellator will never survive if its just going to be picking up the UFC's scraps and washed up legends. It's got WCW written all over it. They should offer something different than the UFC...anything. Offer a ring for starters, they have nothing to lose. Their circle cage screams cheap knockoff.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Bellator will never survive if its just going to be picking up the UFC's scraps and washed up legends. It's got WCW written all over it. They should offer something different than the UFC...anything. Offer a ring for starters, they have nothing to lose. Their circle cage screams cheap knockoff.

They need to get rid of their belts.

Just run constant tournaments. Seed the former tournament champions into the semi-finals.

At this point winning a Bellator belt is a curse. Especially if you're in a weight class above welterweight. How many times did Cole Konrad fight after he became champion compared to his fights before?
(Made his debut and fought 7 times in 2010 - winning the belt on his last fight. Then once in 2011 and once in 2012 - with only the 2012 fight being a title match.)
Same with Volkov and M'Pumbu. These fighters have bills to pay, and only fighting once a year won't do shit for them. Get rid of the belts and make them have consistent fights.

Before they signed Rampage and Tito I'd have said "ditch your heavier weight classes" altogether, because it's obvious that the only talent in the company lies in the Lightweights and lower. But with signing all these UFC castoffs in LHW and HW they're going to want to get their money's worth.

Still doesn't matter. Viacom will shutter Bellator by 2016 after realising there's no profit to be made in high-level MMA unless you're the UFC.

Heel

Yeah, I'll probably be joining you guys. I much prefer to watch a series once it's over, or at least a season. I caught up with Breaking Bad for season 3 but couldn't handle waiting week-to-week for each episode haha

Two words: tag team MMA.

Also have men vs women fights with staggered weight classes. 125 lb men vs 145 lbs women.

VoxPop

Two words: tag team MMA.

Also have men vs women fights with staggered weight classes. 125 lb men vs 145 lbs women.

Not exactly tag team MMA but..

186px-International-fight-league.jpg

Thought it was a pretty cool idea

Cesae Gracie vs Tristar
Jackson MMA vs AKA
Blackhouse vs BTT
Lions Den vs Hammerhouse

Heel

I want to see Machida in a Yappapi strap match, forcing him to engage his opponent. Bond them together with the leather, man.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Would work wonders for guys like Reem, Penn, and Shogun. Bring em out for the first 5 minute round then swap off to a fresh up and comer.

Oh man, elimination style would be absurd too, absurdly awesome. Or tag matches with huge weight differences between partners. The flyweight-heavyweight title!

I want to see Machida in a Yappapi strap match, forcing him to engage his opponent. Bond them together with the leather, man.

Any kind of strap match for that fucker to keep him within reach. I'd even enjoy a Shark Tank Cage Match with that bastard.

Heel

KSW 24: CLASH OF THE GIANTS

Mariusz Pudzianowski +125
Sean McCorkle -165

lol covering their ass in case the fix is in?

After watching UFC Tonight I'm 100% sure that the Jones/Gus rematch is already in the works. This entire show seems like a commercial to promote it. How Chael/Kenny both think its the best fight they ever saw, only showing tweets from fighters that thought Gus won, explaining that Cormier and Glover are fine with the idea of a rematch instead of them getting the next fight (rrrright), etc.

Roxanne fighting tonight on TUF. And based on the reaction shot they show in the commercial it looks like someone gets f/ed up.

Top Bottom