• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
If I've learned anything from watching Entourage reruns, all you need is a foot in the door and you're primed to fail upwards. The amount of coke and skanky blondes is directly proportional to how terrible you are at your job. Fail hard as a head writer, you got a bright future as a producer, fail harder at that and you'll be directing your own pictures in no time.

Sounds perfect, I'm horrible at writing stuff so I should fall upwards in no time!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
JnYIh0s.png

TUF Finale?

VoxPop

Donald Cerrone vs Bobby Green @ 178

Replaces Green vs Masvidal

Masvidal will get a new opponent as well

Sucks that the Eddie Alvarez deal didn't fall through

JnYIh0s.png

TUF Finale?

If it weren't for Dillashaw vs Barao in one of those sections I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you which part is the prelim fights and which is the main card. I guess UFC hasn't learned anything from 151 and 178 about tacking one good main event on to a generic card.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm just back from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy. It follows the Marvel movie formula to a tee, but it was a great comedy & action movie that wasn't up its own ass with being overly serious.

JnYIh0s.png

TUF Finale?

If this sells more than 50,000 I will be extremely surprised. Outside of the main event I recognise more prelim fighters than main event ones. Arguably the worst PPV they've ever put on paper... which hopefully will translate into an exciting event.

MjFrancis

I'm just back from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy. It follows the Marvel movie formula to a tee, but it was a great comedy & action movie that wasn't up its own ass with being overly serious.
It reminded me of the Fifth Element since that was the last time I remember a blockbuster sci-fi action comedy. The quality exhibited throughout Guardians of the Galaxy really took me by surprise.
If this sells more than 50,000 I will be extremely surprised. Outside of the main event I recognise more prelim fighters than main event ones. Arguably the worst PPV they've ever put on paper... which hopefully will translate into an exciting event.
I'll gloss over the response in this thread and take a stab at that show if it seems positive. I'm always down for a good scrap but I'm hesitant to fork out money for bad shows and my days of watching PPV's at redneck bars are long past.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
TNMT was alright, I wasn't wowed by it but it didn't shit on my childhood either. Guardians is just on another level, I rarely see movies twice in theaters and did an exception for it.

edit: lol I always laugh when I get BKB (formerly Bare Knuckle Boxing, now Big Knockout Boxing) in my receiver mail. Here's the message:

BKB puts the fight back in boxing. No ring, no ropes, more knockouts. Live from Las Vegas this Saturday, 8/16 at 10pm ET on Ch.123 PPV

http://ktla.com/2014/08/15/mma-figh...sought-in-las-vegas-beating-of-ex-girlfriend/
Jonathan “War Machine” Koppenhaver, 32, was taken into custody about 1:45 p.m. in Simi Valley by police at the request of the U.S. Marshals Service.
A former Simi Valley resident, Koppenhaver was found at the Extended Stay America Hotel located at 2498 Stearns St., just off the 118 Freeway (map), according to the Simi Valley Police Department.

Inside the room was “a small quantity of cash and some pizza,” a police news release stated.

Heel

Gym Rescue episode 1

Frank and Randy jumping out the car to save the unfit undercover customer Jason from hurting himself on a rock wall. This is trash television at its finest, friends. Enjoy.

"What's wrong witcha dumbbells, man?"

Send War Machine to Thailand and have him participate in those sanctioned inmate prison fights. They actually train, fight, and get reduced sentences if they win.

Rumble says Reem hurts people in training on purpose, he would take a fight with him if offered one and take his head off with a smile on his face.

Gotta love Rumble, he's down for whatever

War Machine turns into a ninja turtle when on the run. I wonder if Dog ever got close to finding him.

UFC fights tonight. Not the greatest card but I'm desperate to see some fights. Seems like nothing has been going on lately.

War Machine turns into a ninja turtle when on the run. I wonder if Dog ever got close to finding him.

UFC fights tonight. Not the greatest card but I'm desperate to see some fights. Seems like nothing has been going on lately.

Earlier this week, reality TV star Duane Chapman, known as Dog the Bounty Hunter, vowed to track down “War Machine.” On Thursday, Chapman showed up in San Diego, stopping by Undisputed Downtown San Diego, the gym where “War Machine” trains. He also went to “War Machine’s” San Diego apartment, but the MMA fighter was not there.
bKIY27o.jpg

http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/08/15/mma-figher-war-machine-arrested-by-u-s-marshals/

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
good fight. nice elbows and knees in the clinch. i'm also a sucker for flying knees.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm half watching these fights and a polaris commercial just came on and i had a double take of the tv thinking it was an upcoming fight for paul harris. thank you mmagaf

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
A moment of silence for our fallen brother Polyhedron.

pou_7153.png

He is somewhere in Valhalla, biting down on his mouthpiece and throwing bungalows from the pocket in the great octagon in the sky.

Bang in peace bro. Bang in peace.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo

pou_7153.png

He is somewhere in Valhalla, biting down on his mouthpiece and throwing bungalows from the pocket in the great octagon in the sky.

?

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

pou_7153.png

Perm'd?

Top Bottom