• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

I watched last night's card in fast forward today in about 10 minutes and I feel like I saw pretty much everything there was to see. And I will continue to say, GODDAMN UFC/FOX CUT IT WITH THE FUCKIN COMMERCIAL BREAKS. Even in FF they are long. That's got to turn off a lot of viewers.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Another victim of a broken chin. He can't take punches anymore. Lil Frankie broke him.
I remember hearing quite a few rumours about the sort of sparring they were doing at Xtreme Couture. The way Maynard's chin seemed to fade when the only person to knock him out in a sanctioned fight was himself makes me think there was an accumulation of damage behind the scenes.

alienxx45

I remember hearing quite a few rumours about the sort of sparring they were doing at Xtreme Couture. The way Maynard's chin seemed to fade when the only person to knock him out in a sanctioned fight was himself makes me think there was an accumulation of damage behind the scenes.

That and hes getting old. 35.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
A moment of silence for our fallen brother Polyhedron.

pou_7153.png

He is somewhere in Valhalla, biting down on his mouthpiece and throwing bungalows from the pocket in the great octagon in the sky.

Bang in peace bro. Bang in peace.

'Fraid so.

ibbH4c4Juyq4zW.gif

VoxPop

Man, watching Summerslam after that OSP/Bader shitfest just made me realize I'm watching the wrong sports entertainment brand. Oh so satisfying.

Even Ronda and Bones seems to be changing teams.

Heel

Man, watching Summerslam after that OSP/Bader shitfest just made me realize I'm watching the wrong sports entertainment brand. Oh so satisfying.

A few weeks back some low-level dirts were saying Bones reached out to Heyman for promo consulting. I dismissed it then, but now I don't know.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I don't know about that. WWE is total shit 95% of the time. That 5% where it isn't is just so good though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I don't think I've ever seen him WWE wrassle, except for that one shooting star press where he spiked himself.

VoxPop

Eddie Alvarez officially a free agent

Paul Daley vs Melvin Manhoef in the works for November

Just picked up the UFC Encyclopedia in the bargain bin at Barnes & Noble for 10 bucks.

dream

Sigh. As much as I want it to happen, I do not believe that Eddie will make Cowboy Cerrone the first. Eddie is the very definition of a big fish in a small pond. He's going to be Miguel Angel Torres 2.0.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sadly, I'm in agreement with the rest of you. I like Eddie but I can't shake the feeling he isn't all that good a fighter.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm sure people said the same about Melendez.

Either way it should be a scrap, and Eddie's biggest test since ... ever. I wonder if Cerrone will choke this time, as it's all but certain that the winner of this fight gets a title shot.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Pretty sure cerrone isnt a good fighter either. Last time he got in a scrap he got beat up and looked like a bitch while nasty nate shot him the double bird.

Its a good story for Eddie in case he truly wins and gets a title shot. After all that contract fiasco and waiting it out.

He might not be the most technical guy but he has alotta heart.

Top Bottom