• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Rhonda is fucked, Cyborg is 135

w48tnHs.jpg

testosterone level?

UFC 177 prelims did 436,000 views. Well below the average of 859,000 for prelims since moving to FS1.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/3/6103635/ufc-177-prelims-attracts-436000-viewers

I trained MMA for a few months earlier this year until I couldn't fit it in my schedule any more. Long story short, my trainer is fighting in Bellator in CT this Friday. He was actually in UFC a few years ago but retired when he had a child and went through some personal issues but now he's returning to the cage and trying to work his way back up. Pretty awesome and I look forward to watching him. His name is Tamdan McCrory for anyone interested.
I think I remember him. He was on a really early season of TUF wasn't he?

haha

UFC 177 Salaries
http://www.fightofthenight.com/news/ufc-177-salaries

T.J. Dillashaw: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus)
def. Joe Soto: $20,000

Tony Ferguson: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
def. Danny Castillo: $36,000

Bethe Correia: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Shayna Baszler: $8,000

Carlos Diego Ferreira: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Ramsey Nijem: $18,000

Yancy Medeiros: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Damon Jackson: $8,000

Derek Brunson: $44,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus)
def. Lorenz Larkin: $28,000

Anthony Hamilton: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Ruan Potts: $10,000

Chris Wade: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Cain Carrizosa: $8,000
Forget all that. I wanna know the buys. Show me the receipts!

Holy shit. A decent Ultimate card that is on TV on a Friday night. I feel like its been so long and I hope Overeem doesn't somehow fuck this up

Yeah the fight night coming up and 178 is gonna make up for the past few shit shows.

Rhonda is fucked, Cyborg is 135

Don't worry, Dana will figure out a new excuse to protect daddy's little girl. He wont even let Bethe get at her and Ronda wants to fight her.

Heel

Jim Ross @JRsBBQ
Announcement coming tonight on my 1st MMA broadcasting assignment. Got myself a controversial partner. Stay tuned.

ilbRDiAIa68pn.gif

War Machine faces attempted murder charges

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/3...ted-murder-charges-life-in-prison-for-alleged

Koppenhaver, who initially faced nine felony counts for the alleged altercation that left Mack and a second victim, Corey Thomas, hospitalized in the early morning hours of August 8th, now faces a total of 32 felony charges stretching back to May 2013 according to a report from the Las Vegas Review-Journal, including but not limited to: "attempted murder, sexual assault, battery, coercion, preventing or dissuading a witness or victim from reporting a crime, and first-degree kidnapping resulting in substantial bodily harm."

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Off topic: but I'm getting ready to go back to Scotland today and I'm not looking forward to the 14 hour flight going back. It's hard to think of how long I've been in Asia. Hell, I started watching MMA during my time here.

Either way, I won't have to wake up at 10am to watch events anymore. Now I just need to stay awake until 5am. I figure I'll be in a lot more chats now with that time difference.

Well, TUF Mexico has really good fights.

You mean Mexico VS Latin America right?, yeah so far they've been good.

This is my first time following a TUF season, and i have a question... why is it that the guys that lose don't leave the house?, i see them around still... when do they leave?, do they get another chance?.

Edit: Nevermind i kind of figured it out.

VoxPop

Chael and JR sounds glorious.

Also Shogun/Manuwa seems like its going to happen.

What are your picks for the Friday Night Wars?

Ronaldo Souza vs. Gegard Mousasi via Unanimous Decision
Alistair Overeem vs. Ben Rothwell via TKO/KO
Matt Mitrione vs. Derrick Lewis via Submission (Arm Triangle)
Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Chiesa via Submission (Rear Naked Choke)

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)

Nik Lentz vs. Charles Oliveira via TKO/KO (Knees)
John Moraga vs. Justin Scoggins via Split Decision
Al Iaquinta vs. Rodrigo Damm via Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
Rafael Natal vs. Chris Camozzi via Split Decision
Chris Beal vs. Tateki Matsuda via Unanimous Decision or TKO/KO
Sean Soriano vs. Chas Skelly via TKO/KO (Head Kick)

Bellator 123

Pat Curran (c) vs. Patricio Freire via Unanimous Decision
Cheick Kongo vs. Lavar Johnson via TKO/KO (Punches)
Muhammed Lawal vs. Dustin Jacoby via Unanimous Decision
Bobby Lashley vs. Josh Burns via TKO/KO (Exhaustion)

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
What are your picks for the Friday Night Wars?

Will only watching the main card of the ultimate. Jacare ekes a decision through TDs/clinch. I don't see Mousasi being active enough to clearly skew the bout in his favour but he could get a finish.

If I was betting I'd put some money on Rothwell because he's a massive underdog with the durability and power to threaten Overeem but in terms of picks I'd go with Overeem by 1st round sub/TKO (Rothwell's coming off PEDs, his last loss was to a guillotine and a tough chin doesn't help as much against someone who goes mainly to the body). Either that or Overeem continues from his Mir fight and Greg Jacksons his way to a UD.

Can't really pick Mitrione vs Lewis, maybe the Beast gets a KO if he can lure Mitrione into a slugfest.

Lauzon by sub, should he be able to get one early. Not sure how Chiesa's beard will factor into a Rear Naked.

Bobby Lashley vs. Josh Burns via TKO/KO (Exhaustion)
Haha, put the house on it.

Next

I got Overeem by sub if he's smart (risky pick). Lauzon by violence. Toss up between Jacaré and Mousasi. Also don't really know who to root for, kinda like them both a little.
Don't really care for the rest.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I will come back next summer to do my taxes (I'll get a refund of at least US$2000) but if I find a good job in Scotland then I'll stay there for good.

Voted for independence from the GF?

My heart says Overeem, my mind says Overeem will fuck this up.

Mousasi over Jacare.

Shogun should be fighting Rich Fanklin. Fun fight for the fans

iddqd

Man, I just watched the Countdown video...
Mousasi is sparring with BUMS, its fucking crazy.

Also, I am looking forward to all the crap that the Jackson Camp is going to talk about The Reem once he leaves, all that talk there felt super fake.

Man, I just watched the Countdown video...
Mousasi is sparring with BUMS, its fucking crazy.

Also, I am looking forward to all the crap that the Jackson Camp is going to talk about The Reem once he leaves, all that talk there felt super fake.
Yup, but it isn't all Reem's fault. Jones is a prick and probably goes at Reem hard in training cuz he knows he'll be in Reem's division eventually.

Alpha dogs just being alpha dogs.

Off topic: but I'm getting ready to go back to Scotland today and I'm not looking forward to the 14 hour flight going back. It's hard to think of how long I've been in Asia. Hell, I started watching MMA during my time here.

Either way, I won't have to wake up at 10am to watch events anymore. Now I just need to stay awake until 5am. I figure I'll be in a lot more chats now with that time difference.

I'm gonna come over there to golf and watch football with ya.

Heel

Bellator's WCW storyline continues.

Tim Sylvia @timsylviamma
Going to the bellator fights tomorrow night got a big announcement while I am there.

Tomorrow's Bellator card = the first Nitro in Mall of America when Lex Luger shows up.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Helwani confirmed the smaller cage for UFN 50. Now expecting to see Mitrione crumpled against it and Rothwell mashed through it.

How much was he on the horse meat?
Was in the 250s for most of his MMA fights, but he looked more gormandised in K1. Was 260ish against Lesnar, same but softer post suspension against Bigfoot. His cardio probably won't be that much better.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Helwani confirmed the smaller cage for UFN 50. Now expecting to see Mitrione crumpled against it and Rothwell mashed through it.

Was in the 250s for most of his MMA fights, but he looked more gormandised in K1. Was 260ish against Lesnar, same but softer post suspension against Bigfoot. His cardio probably won't be that much better.
Can't help but feel he'll be pacing himself in attempt to get another decision.
He cut to 265 against Brock
http://i.imgur.com/Qxbqw64.jpg

today
http://i.imgur.com/yXf7eeQ.jpg

I still think Rothwell is going to crack his already fragile chin
Not as bad as I expected.

As for his fight I can't say I expect much either since there is no chin replacement surgery.

Top Bottom