• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Reem needs to get in his car and drive to Bellator 123
tumblr_n9rwzwUJBA1tcj5zio1_500.gif

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
The only boring part of that fight was how one sided it was

No, it was a bunch of nothing on the ground for majority of rounds.

They need to stand them up quicker.

Great win for Jacare, but just boring to watch.. the crowd wasn't into it.. that lay and pray is horrible to watch.

The 3 fights leading up were considerably better.. so not a bad night.

Just a letdown of a main event.

iddqd

No, it was a bunch of nothing on the ground for majority of rounds.

They need to stand them up quicker.

Great win for Jacare, but just boring to watch.. the crowd wasn't into it.. that lay and pray is horrible to watch.

The 3 fights leading up were considerably better.. so not a bad night.

Just a letdown of a main event.

He went for submissions, he passed guard, there was a bit of ground and pound...
I have no clue what fight you were watching.
Not every fight can be a Joe Lauzon-in-the-first-round fight.

I get the hate for lay and pray but this was not a Danny Castillo fight.
He was super dominant, he clipped him standing, nearly got an armlock and then finished a very smart grappler with a basic guillotine.
Impressive stuff on the highest level.

You might just be more into Glory and K1. No shame in that.

NervousXtian

So Rothwell broke his arm blocking Reems quick. Wow.. tough motherfucker right there.

He's like the Louis CK of MMA.

NervousXtian

He went for submissions, he passed guard, there was a bit of ground and pound...
I have no clue what fight you were watching.
Not every fight can be a Joe Lauzon-in-the-first-round fight.

I get the hate for lay and pray but this was not a Danny Castillo fight.
He was super dominant, he clipped him standing, nearly got an armlock and then finished a very smart grappler with a basic guillotine.
Impressive stuff on the highest level.

You might just be more into Glory and K1. No shame in that.

Nah, shit can be interesting on the ground. That wasn't.

That was some boring ass shit. Moose didn't help things with his complete lack of even bothering to try to escape. He went for like 1 submission per round... there was VERY LITTLE GnP.

That's the kind of shit that needs to be stood up.

iddqd

That was some boring ass shit. Moose didn't help things with his complete lack of even bothering to try to escape. He went for like 1 submission per round... there was VERY LITTLE GnP.

200.gif

He was working for submissions the entire time he was on the ground. . Do not blame the guy who works for the submission and gets it, blame the guy who would not try to stand up.

NervousXtian

Hell no!, he's boring as hell...

iddqd doesn't think so... apparently Jacare was really working it on the ground... or something.

Nah, dude's boring.

He was working for submissions the entire time he was on the ground. . Do not blame the guy who works for the submission and gets it, blame the guy who would not try to stand up.

I did blame Moose as well for that.. did you read my post?

..but he was working slow. Not a fan of that methodical crap. Sure he's effective.. doesn't mean I want to watch the guy fight.

iddqd doesn't think so... apparently Jacare was really working it on the ground... or something.

Nah, dude's boring.

..but he was working slow. Not a fan of that methodical crap. Sure he's effective.. doesn't mean I want to watch the guy fight.

Exactly, i don't care how effective he is if he has me falling asleep.

He was not working slow he was getting blocked from changing positions so he had to work for it. He did not just lay there and then try to pass guard he was working the entire time. It was not methodical or slow it just took time because his opponent made him work.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Thank you Heel. Because of you we watched 'Enemy' and now instead of being lulled to sleep by entertainment, I'm all like ..the fuck was the spiders all about?

Next

Don't get the complaints for Jacaré, dude was going for submissions at least. It's not the GSP strategy of just staying on top until the round ends.

At this point I wonder how Overeem has wins over Hunt and Werdum... he's can status now.

Oblique kicks

Yea or nay?

I never had to deal with those in any of my martial arts stuff. Are they as bad as I think they are or is Bones right and am I just being a wuss like Rampage.
Does anybody here use them or been hit by one?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
My satellite (a real one) went out just as Reem's fight began. Had to catch the replay. Does he not realize he can't take a punch anymore and it's probably not a great idea to trade with a guy with a granite chin? I figured he'd take the Frank Mir fight gameplan.

Send him to Bellator for the sports entertainment era.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
These are all tell tale signs of low T, the fact that this sport would outright ban T to those in need is downright despicable.

Has Reem been officially cut from UFC, or are we just anticipating it? I wonder if he will get cut if he hasn't been, just because he is popular and there aren't many heavyweight fighters people really know. Not that I'm aware of anyway. Does he help card numbers at all?

N° 2048

Has Reem been officially cut from UFC, or are we just anticipating it? I wonder if he will get cut if he hasn't been, just because he is popular and there aren't many heavyweight fighters people really know. Not that I'm aware of anyway. Does he help card numbers at all?

Yes, he is still a big draw. They will milk the shit out of him until Dana gets rid of him.

Heel

I'm about 95% sure they'll offer him a pay cut. Who knows what he does. GLORY/Bellator would be fun.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
catching up on last nights card, i dont know whats uglier, chiesa's gash or j-lo's cardio. i love you joe, but you're lucky that fight was stopped. next time fill the tank k?

Top Bottom