• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Yeah, watched Calderwood fight in Invicta, immediate fan.

I'll always support Scottish fighters (all one of them) but I remember seeing her dismantle that Eastern European chick in SFL. I've been a fan ever since.

MjFrancis

bOmRQlV.png

ndcI7cJ.png
Both these cards look decent enough. I missed the last one, I actually wanted to watch it, too. Was it a Fight Pass exclusive? I flipped through the channels at a bar by Seattle and couldn't find it.

Been tempted to try some nootropics, just haven't got around to it I guess.

Unless he's set up some weed cafe / sensory deprivation tank hybrid in Colorado, in which case I might consider visiting the States again.
Yeah, I'm starting on those nootrpics we'll see how it goes. When I was really fatigued and wiped out yhe doctors gave me ritalin, adderall and Provigil. Shit did nothing for me. Now that I am healthy I think this can work. Placebo effect doesn't work on me really.

ron_bato

Cool to see both Akiyama and Sadollah back. Both have been out for a crazy long time, it should be an entertaining card. But I think whoever loses that will get the boot unless it turns out to be a crazy fight.

FUME5

Yeah, I'm starting on those nootrpics we'll see how it goes. When I was really fatigued and wiped out yhe doctors gave me ritalin, adderall and Provigil. Shit did nothing for me. Now that I am healthy I think this can work. Placebo effect doesn't work on me really.

Keep us updated, I procrastinate like a motherfucker when I'm in the office writing reports, I thought quitting smoking weed during the week would help my focus but a year later and here I am, posting on Gaf....

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
What are the odds that one or both die in the cage from head trauma?
Overeem goes for a flying knee, hits Struve in the chest because he can't jump high enough to reach Struve's head now that he's less gormandised. Struve experiences instant cardiac failure, his shoulder slightly bumping Overeem's head as he topples to the canvas. Double KO.

ron_bato

I thought JoJo did enough to win both rounds 1 and 2, but obviously would have wanted to see more. Kagan hit JoJo good with some nice punches, but she got beat up in the clinch and with the knees towards the end of round 1.

Round 2 I still gave to Calderwood, but could see it going either way depending on how you score that round. I don't think Cagan did anything even though she was on top, and although Calderwood had the inverted triangle, she didn't do much with it either. She at least got some offense going in the first half of the round, which I thought was enough to win her the round too.

FUME5

I thought JoJo did enough to win both rounds 1 and 2, but obviously would have wanted to see more. Kagan hit JoJo good with some nice punches, but she got beat up in the clinch and with the knees towards the end of round 1.

Round 2 I still gave to Calderwood, but could see it going either way depending on how you score that round. I don't think Cagan did anything even though she was on top, and although Calderwood had the inverted triangle, she didn't do much with it either. She at least got some offense going in the first half of the round, which I thought was enough to win her the round too.

Her thoughts on the fight.

She's....well, she's a fighter.

ron_bato

Her thoughts on the fight.

She's....well, she's a fighter.

Yeah I read this, and I thought firstly that team melendez had a great gameplan. They were prepared for JoJo stalking Kagan, and Jojo has been pretty hittable (her SFL fight against Lena Ovchynnikova showed that), which they were pretty successful with to begin the fight. But her clinch work eventually broke Kagan down in the first.

I see some people giving Kagan the first, but I'd have to rewatch the fight. I thought Kagan was doing well til she felt those knees.

If Rose wins her fight, she'd be up next for JoJo and that should be a pretty entertaining fight.

Heel

‏@MMASupremacy per Meltzer:

UFC 177 Final Nums - Attend: 9,778; Paid: 7,113; Comps: 2,665; Gate: $692,073... 2nd lowest gate in modern UFC behind UFC 150

UFC 177 also handed out 1,322 comps that were not used, which is why attendance was announed as 11,100 the night of the show

io7jen8c3Mdg7.gif

Top Bottom