• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

strobogo

Banned
I'm still legit shook that Smackdown has nearly triple the audience of a Fight Night. That is the most damning indictment of MMA I've ever seen.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
‏@MMASupremacy per Meltzer:

UFC 177 Final Nums - Attend: 9,778; Paid: 7,113; Comps: 2,665; Gate: $692,073... 2nd lowest gate in modern UFC behind UFC 150

UFC 177 also handed out 1,322 comps that were not used, which is why attendance was announed as 11,100 the night of the show

io7jen8c3Mdg7.gif

igJ2bvMohL0Ul.gif

iddqd

Yeah, It's hard to imagine Struve winning, he is just SO hit able.. but we are talking about the Reem and like everybody already wrote here.. he always finds a way to loose.

Can't say the UFC did not try to make it easy for him in theory.

Lazyslob

Banned
‏@MMASupremacy per Meltzer:

UFC 177 Final Nums - Attend: 9,778; Paid: 7,113; Comps: 2,665; Gate: $692,073... 2nd lowest gate in modern UFC behind UFC 150

UFC 177 also handed out 1,322 comps that were not used, which is why attendance was announed as 11,100 the night of the show

io7jen8c3Mdg7.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL what movie is the fucking gif from?

MjFrancis

This thread moves so slowly that commenting on days old news just feels natural.

Overeem goes for a flying knee, hits Struve in the chest because he can't jump high enough to reach Struve's head now that he's less gormandised. Struve experiences instant cardiac failure, his shoulder slightly bumping Overeem's head as he topples to the canvas. Double KO.
When I heard about Stuve v. Overeem I envisioned something similar, but with Overeem landing an Uberknee in the clinch while Struve simultaneously lands a right hook to the Reem's jaw. Double KO.

Apparently Mark Hunto weighs 284 right now. #professionalathlete
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...-pounds-over-heavyweight-limit-173814282.html
What's particularly damning is that Hunt has to be one of the top ten most interesting fighters in MMA right now, and he's in this kind of shape.

Via mmajunkie: Reed Kuhn, who has analyzed the effect of cage size for his blog, Fightnomics.com, and found that fights in the smaller cage are notably more likely to end in a knockout or submission, in part because fighters throw around 20 percent more strikes than in the larger cage.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

TxdoHawk

I wish I could get comped to go to a UFC fight. I wanted to go to the one in Newark last year but the ticket prices were outrageous.

Aaaaand Wanderlei Silva has just retired

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/19/6567659/wanderlei-silva-rips-the-ufc-announces-his-retirement

"I am stepping down from the ring. After today, Wanderlei Silva will not fight again," he said. "My career is over. Because I don't have a stage to perform, where the athletes get the proper respect. For these reasons, I have had enough.

"They tried to turn my fans against me. My fans, who have followed me for 20 years, before this promotion even existed I was already fighting in Brazil. I have fought bare-knuckle and I helped

Scott Coker welcomes you with open arms to fight Stephan Bonnar when Tito announces his inevitable injury.

Dysun

Aaaaand Wanderlei Silva has just retired

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/19/6567659/wanderlei-silva-rips-the-ufc-announces-his-retirement

"I am stepping down from the ring. After today, Wanderlei Silva will not fight again," he said. "My career is over. Because I don't have a stage to perform, where the athletes get the proper respect. For these reasons, I have had enough.

"They tried to turn my fans against me. My fans, who have followed me for 20 years, before this promotion even existed I was already fighting in Brazil. I have fought bare-knuckle and I helped

Scott Coker welcomes you with open arms to fight Stephan Bonnar when Tito announces his inevitable injury.
Shameful display

Heel

My view on Wand has changed for the worse as of late, but in light of that video I should really go back and ask myself why. Acted like a bit of a shithead on TUF, but editing and all that. Running out on a urine test? I don't really care.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
-Dammit Rumble, you were the dark horse!
-Thiago released, but didn't Dana said the guy had to make a living? LOL
-Wand gone? Fuck, I still found his fights fun. :(

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
MvMxqvC.jpg

Was Thiago really that big of a name that they thought resigning him was worth the risk?

Stipe/JDS December 13 (Fox). Maybe we'll get that Overeem/JDS match when somebody drops.
JDS/Struve II incoming.

Top Bottom