• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

iddqd

Werdum really developed a lot since that butt flopp fight against The Reem.
Good to see it pay off even if it is against Hunt.

VoxPop

Damn poor Hunt. He was looking awesome in the first.

Okami got laid out by Branch too.

The idea of Bonnar or Titos head bouncing off the mat gives me some joy though.

dude got called to fill in on short notice, this loss doesn't mean much. If anything surviving Werdum's guard was impressive.

Hunt has pretty much plateaued in UFC though. He's not going to realistically be able to hang with the top guys at HW. Obviously he's fun as fuck to watch but you have to be real about his chances against guys like Wedum, Cain and probably even JDS.

broz0rs

Hunt has pretty much plateaued in UFC though. He's not going to realistically be able to hang with the top guys at HW. Obviously he's fun as fuck to watch but you have to be real about his chances against guys like Wedum, Cain and probably even JDS.

Hunt tagged Werdum pretty decently in the first round. If the short notice cardio wasn't an issue, who knows?

Hunt tagged Werdum pretty decently in the first round. If the short notice cardio wasn't an issue, who knows?

Cardio is always going to be an issue because he's fat. Cardio's not even the reason he lost anyway. Having one punch KO ability doesn't make you a viable contender. He's always going to have that. George Foreman still had that when he was 50. But realistically if your only chance is a luck shot and in every other aspect of the game the opposing fighter is better, I don't consider that to be a viable contender.

iddqd

Nah, I think Ninja Scooter is on the money here.
Hunt has that super bomb, just like Hendo for example, but a power machine like Cain or JDS could fight with more range, more tools and more cardio.

He was not even able to win against Bigfoot (and the draw was a gift) and Bigfoot is a perfect Heavyweight gatekeeper.

B2iew56CQAAgvxz.jpg

Tito v. Bonnar was fucking awful. I don't mind the big screens and the raised entrance platform but poor "beef" angles for this stunt ME's needs to go.

Also in WSOF, Okami got swerved again by an opponent he wasn't able to grind and Guillard did his best to get knocked out, didn't, and was actually robbed of a close decision. Third judge scored 30-27.. wtf were they watching? Guillard's inability to make weight is pretty shameful though.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Didn't watch anything last night since I went out with friends. Looking at the results, it doesn't look like I missed much tbh

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
That's where my switching timezones becomes troublesome.

When I lived in Asia I could sleep later, wake up at noon, and catch the main event.

Now can watch the undercard no problems, but I need to stay awake until 4am to catch the main event.

My sleeping patterns were destroyed by last night's event. :/

Reg

Banned
I duno guys, this dana white era mma might be the best it has ever been. Everybody wants to mention scott cocker, but he's just following dana whites snail trail from a few years ago.
This is the guy who killed the yakuza. He knows how to do bidness.

Yeah it's just too hard to keep interested in UFC these days. It's way too dry and good stacked cards just dot happen anymore. We are lucky to have a decent co main these days.

Top Bottom