• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For your reading pleasure, Lambda's SUPERKOMBAT 2014 FINAL:

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/...nal-indie-flippy-shit-feat-aristote-quitusisa

Some jiff highlights:

Just like Brock I bet he gets punched in the face and turns into a fetus. I don't think you can just learn to take a punch when you are already a grown adult.

Im 34 and only took my first punch to the jaw last year in an MMA class....yeah, i agree, this shit doesnt come easy once youre old lol

Xeinok

Neo Member
Sure?
I'm not sure most people train here, I only do Jiu Jitsu but I've been doing it for a couple of years.

Did you have an amateur fight yet? Just doing it for fun or with a look at something more serious?

Check out the martial arts thread

There's a few people in this thread that have experience training but this thread is primarily used to talk about the sport from a fan pov. The earlier suggestion to check out the Martial Arts thread might be more what you're looking for in discussion of day to day training.

Cool, thanks guys, I appreciate the link to the Martial Arts topic.

To answer the question: yeah man, amateur fights are a ton of fun. I've only had four so far and I'm currently 4-0 by sub so I'm thinking I should quit now and take that record to the grave, ahaha.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If it weren't for his ears, I could see Gus as a model. I've yet to see him look fat (he probably walks around at 220 or something.) He's a trim and handsome dude.

Rumble on the other hand looks like he was drowning his sorrows during his suspension at McDonalds. But it's fairly common for him to balloon up to 240-260 between fights.

TheChits

If it weren't for his ears, I could see Gus as a model. I've yet to see him look fat (he probably walks around at 220 or something.) He's a trim and handsome dude.

Rumble on the other hand looks like he was drowning his sorrows during his suspension at McDonalds. But it's fairly common for him to balloon up to 240-260 between fights.
Yeah Gus is quite a handsome guy.
The greatest videogame in the history of our sport:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdaqipplAr8

Oh man this takes me back. Gary Goodridge for life <3

industrian

The first time I discovered MMA was when I saw a video review for the PS2 PRIDE game back in 2003.

industrian

I just checked his record at Sherdog and have one question:

How in the fuck do you lose a decision against a one-legged man?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Happy Thanksgiving MMA-GAF brehs. Family, friends, food, and football. I really love this holiday. I keep it intimate, no phonies at my table. Have a digital turkey leg brehs!

Speaking of phonies, I loved seeing all the strippers at work miserable last night. They ain't got people who truly love them, their pimps ain't gonna cook for them. That shit rots the remants of their souls. Glorious schadenfreude, I was jumping like a cricket all night in excitement and anticipation for today.

Happy Thanksgiving MMA-GAF brehs. Family, friends, food, and football. I really love this holiday. I keep it intimate, no phonies at my table. Have a digital turkey leg brehs!

Speaking of phonies, I loved seeing all the strippers at work miserable last night. They ain't got people who truly love them, their pimps ain't gonna cook for them. That shit rots the remants of their souls. Glorious schadenfreude, I was jumping like a cricket all night in excitement and anticipation for today.

That post is great. Legit lol!

industrian

In this season of thanks, the UFC is no different. They've just announced Phil Davis vs. Ryan Bader on the Stockholm card.

I'm getting bored just thinking about this fight

Exactly what I was thinking.

And Hendo vs Mousasi isnt exactly setting the world on fire either. Hendo is just not the same.

Also, someone should let Barao know he's number two in line right now. Cruz is going to get that title shot.

Fintan

Hey, guys, I don't know much about MMA, but I'm looking to buy a birthday present for someone who is a big fan. So I was wondering, if you guys could recommend the best MMA biographies/histories of MMA? Thanks!

Hey, guys, I don't know much about MMA, but I'm looking to buy a birthday present for someone who is a big fan. So I was wondering, if you guys could recommend the best MMA biographies/histories of MMA? Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/160078545X/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also this book is very entertaining: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1416589953/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The Hughes bio would probably make a better gift cuz most people wouldn't buy it with their own money. I read it at Borders over a few visits.

Top Bottom