• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Heel

Very true, but think about it. Tito and Bonnar are both washed up. Everyone knows they are washed up. Yet their Bellator event just pulled better ratings than anything UFC has done all year. It's indicative of the state of where mma is as a sport, and also indicative at how terrible UFC has been at building stars over the last 3-4 years.

It makes me curious to see some historical cable ratings. Bellator pulled a big number for stateside MMA in 2014, but what does that even mean in the grand scheme of things? Business is down.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
725t30O.jpg

Dat athleticism.

Yup MMA is a spectacle, like WWE. Pride always had it right. Actually, I want Brock to sign with Bella now.

I think UFC can get away with 2 small shows and 1 BIG PPV a month. This schedule would keep champions defending the belt more than twice a year which is a fucking joke

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
in 2014, this is not a bad card.

a number of decent fights. cub and barboza are some of my favorite guys to watch.

VoxPop

Yup I'm actually looking forward to this event. Barboza vs Green should be fun. Benavidez vs Ortiz is interesting. Debuts of both DooHo Choi and Van Zant. And you know Cub and Frankie gonna bring it. I see a finish in this fight.

Xeinok

Neo Member
Hey guys, I train actively at AKA San Jose; just wondering if this topic is for stuff like watching fights, betting on fights, etc. or is there a place for people to talk about day-to-day training and amateur matches and such too?

iddqd

Hey guys, I train actively at AKA San Jose; just wondering if this topic is for stuff like watching fights, betting on fights, etc. or is there a place for people to talk about day-to-day training and amateur matches and such too?

Sure?
I'm not sure most people train here, I only do Jiu Jitsu but I've been doing it for a couple of years.

Did you have an amateur fight yet? Just doing it for fun or with a look at something more serious?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yup I'm actually looking forward to this event. Barboza vs Green should be fun. Benavidez vs Ortiz is interesting. Debuts of both DooHo Choi and Van Zant. And you know Cub and Frankie gonna bring it. I see a finish in this fight.

green and barboza will end quickly i think. hows bobby's chin (i know edson's is suspect)? i'd say green has this, but all this talk of retirement makes me wonder where his heart is.

There's a few people in this thread that have experience training but this thread is primarily used to talk about the sport from a fan pov. The earlier suggestion to check out the Martial Arts thread might be more what you're looking for in discussion of day to day training.

I missed the hot women fight?

Lol at the exchange between Conner McGregor and WWE Sheamus.

Speaking of WWE, Punk is not an athlete like Brock Lesnar. He would get destroyed by the welter weights and middle weights with their BJJ and real wrestling.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Cub v Edgar is the only fight on the card I give a crap about. Please post when it starts.

Edit: make that Green vs Barboza. That looks like a good one too.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Even nerdchat is dead. Shit is sad, brehs.

Did you just imply that Christ Whiteman could finish someone?
Someone who wasn't clowning around.

He's finished the majority of his UFC fights inside of 2 rounds. I'm not implying it, I'm saying it.

Green looks like he took the bad parts of Diaz Bros with taunting and arm waving. If it doesn't get in your opponents head early, knock it off and get to work man.

Top Bottom